Replayability? [Spoilers]

+
In my opinion CP2077 has a better replayability from a gameplay perspective. There is more variation compared to TW3 (Hacker, Stealth, Melee, Annihaltion, etc.).
However, as has been said, the story does not warrant a replay, as you can´t really choose another route to follow and I also think it get´s a little bit annoying when you exactly know what is going to happen at any specific point. Also I find that the amount of sitting through cutscenes is quite nice the first time around, but is really boring once you´ve seen it all. I don´t have that with TW3 so much - maybe because it´s longer and more diverse overall.
In addition, there really isn´t a lot to discover in the world or to do besides the predefined quests and activities.

I´ve done two playthroughs. I enjoyed the first one quite a lot because I wasn´t really looking at all the details and was busy with getting to know everything. The second time around I noticed that a lot of things seemed to be more complex and open then they are in reality (choices, AI, the world, etc.) and I noticed the cut content and shortcuts CDPR has taken more. That in turn made less enjoyable and lead to me trying to get all things done as quickly as possible.

The sole reason I replay Cyberpunk is because one of the ending is bugged for me :giveup:

While exploring the city on my first playthrough I stumbled on V's apartment.

At this point I thought it as an Easter egg or cut content as so much other stuff.

I looted the place and was proud of my achievement.

Little did I know that this belongs to one of the endings...

So I ended up buttnaked because all the clothes were already looted and with the jacked already taken, i couldn't progress the ending.

:shrug:

Having no idea which save to load, i decided for a new playthrough as female V street kid.

And OMG! Most of the lines and story makes so much more sense if you play as female street kid V.

All the comments from Johnny about your body, hormones, and having a cunt.

It really feels the entire game was written for female street kid V and everything else is an afterthought.

Have a blessed day!

It all depends on your preferences as many people said.

I've played Mass Effect trilogy a couple of times and almost made the same choices. Because when I'm playing RPGs, I put my personality into V or Commander Shepard or Geralt, so I don't choose anything that I wouldn't do if I was actually there. I don't play RPGs to beat my curiosity, for that I use Youtube and watch other consequences.

I played RDR2 twice, in my first playthrough I didn't spend much time on side quests but on my second playthrough I did a lot of side quests and open-world activity and it was a better experience than the first time. And let me remind you, RDR2 gives you almost no choice. Did I enjoy it? Hell yeah.

If you haven't done all the side quests, I think there is replayability. I'm currently waiting for more updates and bug fixes even though my experience was pretty smooth and while I'm waiting, I play the games that I put on my list. Then I'll give a second playthrough and probably make the same choices with little tweaks, and when story DLC comes, I'll probably play the game again. :)

But knowing that there are other choices that you can make, drastically improve the experience. I think Mass Effect trilogy is god in this regard.

As a result, if you feel the same as me and are in a similar situation, I think it has replayability for you.

IMO the worst thing for replayability is the fact you can unlock all endings in one take and then go back to the point of no return and try all of them without need of replaying the game. In W3 you made decisions leading to final during unecpected moments in the story.

I don't see any replayability besides switching genders for the remaining romance options - you can just watch every single ending during your first playthrough anyway. Other than that, CP77 is a mess that doesn't know what it wants to be. The game is an unholy fusion of being an action adventure/looter shooter hybrid with RPG elements. Choices - apart from those during "The Pickup" - don't matter at all and thus only serve to create an illusion of player agency. The open world is bloated with all kinds of map markers yet is utterly devoid of life. The game knows no balance whatsoever in every regard - even on very hard, the game is easy as cake.

It's sad that CDPR released the game in an alpha/early access build and didn't stick to its initial promise to ship the game once it's ready. It's fairly obvious that the game is in a severely unfinished and defective state though it's quite ironic that - if it weren't for several beneficial bugs/glitches - the game would be off even worse.

The Wticher 2 (nhanced edition) had the most replayability hands down. Choice right from the prologue affected the game, an entire act was different based on your choices (and some of the 3rd), it was way more challenging, had special gear in dark mode, had a secret boss (the opperator) which was the biggest challenge on any CDPR game to date, it had arena mode. Of course the game was much shorter than TW3, but i am not so sure if it is actually shorter than CP in terms of MEANINGFUL content (especially if you take in to consideration the far greater difficulty level of TW2).

Witcher 2 is exceptional due to Act2. You can finish game twice choosing Iorweth/Roche and it's literally like playing 2 different games, not just 2 different playthroughs.
I discovered the fork a year later after I finished the game for the first time. I had no bloody idea. I was blown away. I joined Iorveth the first time. And Roche's path was even better.

To be honest, it's hard to say right now.

I completed the NOMAD life path once. I'm currently doing all the side quest and have pretty much finished those. A couple of them glitched, so I can't complete the final two cyberpsycho missions. With the company being unclear as to how future DLC will be applied; I'm not sure whether or not it's safe to start a new life path. How will DLC be applied? Will it be applied to the current game file that your playing or the whole game itself, including the other two life paths that are on the game?

How would you compare replayability of Cyberpunk to The Witcher games? Better? Same? Worse? And why.
I would say witcher 3 has slightly more replay-ability by like idk an arbitrary amount of 20% - but I think CDPR is more replay-able if you set yourself hard role play rules. My guy is sober so there was already one side mission I auto failed cause they wanted me to take a shot and I said no cause my V is sober, so now I can replay with a non sober V and have that as a new quest. Or I only use handguns and blades on my first build. So other playthrus will have different weapons / specialties in stats

But really I played Witcher 3 three times and there are mainly like 4 big choices (romance/red baron tree quest are even the only memorable ones TBH and really the choices play out in a story book narrated fashion) I don't think it is a messiah of choice and replay-ability that people think it is over CyberPunk it's just easier to be like oh I didn't do this so now I'll do that in Witcher.

Witcher 3 is my all time fav fantasy rpg
Cyberpunk is on its way to being my fav first person rpg (outerworlds was just more polished to me but Cyberpunk has the better world)

I played both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk, spent more time on Cyberpunk, 390 hours 3 play throughs and counting... Until 2 days back I am still discovering new things, new side quest that popped up, new items.

CP2077 replayability level ? At the moment 0.
Maybe in around 1 year from now on when game will be fixed, DLC's will be out, some mods will be available. Who knows, maybe even some cut content will be back ?
I mean, nothing would make me happier, but do we actualy believe the cut content will find its way back? Im genuinely worried that they will only smooth out the bugs, and then lay the game dead. Only to focus on the Multiplayer aspect, wich i quite honestly have zero interest in.

400 hrs in Witcher 3 .. probably 150 in the other 2 maybe more and 200 hrs in Cyberpunk..

so probably i can have a say in this post.. SHORT ANSWER id rather replay the witcher 3 and take my time and im doing it right now..

Long answer lol...

Well between witcher 3 and cyberpunk 2077 id say after 400 hrs i still find things in the witcher 3 that i have never seen before while in cyberpunk i drained everything :D .. yes i missed some legendaries which i found on youtube but they were 10-11 .. and that is not a reason to go any further.
People can say what they want but witcher 3 on death march and cyberpunk on psycho is very different. Cyberpunk gets easy after a while even on the highest level while witcher 3 keeps you on your toes a lot and you have to prepare a lot.
Its a shame that cyberpunk turned out like this. The lifepaths dont matter which is sad cause we talk like street kid and i think they should have gone with that one path and a lot of the game seems cut and redone and just tapped together..Dont get me even started on act 1.. A SHAME REALLY... i started Witcher 3 again 3 days ago and i still cant believe that the same people well, the same company that made the witcher 3 quests which are very, very good wrote quests in cyberpunk which are not. Dont get me wrong there are some good quests but after 100 hrs in the game that is just 1 hr of the whole experience at best...
After 2 plays nomad and corpo and start of street kid and 215hrs under the belt id say one play is enough if you play it slow and take your time. 110 hrs slow play is the best way of getting everything from this game and just enjoy the only good thing about it. Night city.
Witcher 3 is also not for everyone and its one of my favourite games cause Geralt really shines in everything while V is shadowed first by Jonny which i still call the main story the jonny chronicles but also if there isnt a story in cyberpunk it wouldnt be different because no one cares about you dying in 3 weeks and they are all about ME, ME, ME... WHILE in the witcher 3 there is not story without Geralt cause he is trying to find someone and he is the one searching it and everything ties there whatever you do.. Because visitting other maps is because Ciri was seen there and in that map you actually make a difference for the population who without you there would probably make another choice..

Witcher 3 is always good to replay it because you are gonna find things that you havent seen before
Cyberpunk is twice the most and actually gets boring and leave it for a year to see if CD Project is actually gonna fix anything... i doubt it.

Cheers and have fun.
Post automatically merged:

The Wticher 2 (nhanced edition) had the most replayability hands down. Choice right from the prologue affected the game, an entire act was different based on your choices (and some of the 3rd), it was way more challenging, had special gear in dark mode, had a secret boss (the opperator) which was the biggest challenge on any CDPR game to date, it had arena mode. Of course the game was much shorter than TW3, but i am not so sure if it is actually shorter than CP in terms of MEANINGFUL content (especially if you take in to consideration the far greater difficulty level of TW2).
Loved that game.

I don't see any replayability besides switching genders for the remaining romance options - you can just watch every single ending during your first playthrough anyway. Other than that, CP77 is a mess that doesn't know what it wants to be. The game is an unholy fusion of being an action adventure/looter shooter hybrid with RPG elements. Choices - apart from those during "The Pickup" - don't matter at all and thus only serve to create an illusion of player agency. The open world is bloated with all kinds of map markers yet is utterly devoid of life. The game knows no balance whatsoever in every regard - even on very hard, the game is easy as cake.

It's sad that CDPR released the game in an alpha/early access build and didn't stick to its initial promise to ship the game once it's ready. It's fairly obvious that the game is in a severely unfinished and defective state though it's quite ironic that - if it weren't for several beneficial bugs/glitches - the game would be off even worse.
Its sad but true

Top Bottom