Missing Mod? Silence is Golden

+
Missing Mod? Silence is Golden

I just decided to reinstall the witcher after a few years. And I can't find the Silence is golden mod. :( The mod that got rid of that insanely annoying thundersound the game makes when leaving or entering areas. Every link to it is dead. If someone knows where I could find it please for the sake of my ears point me to it.

I do have a mod that may be the one you`re looking for . Check your PM`s . If it is then i can upload it to the nexus site . Since you have used it before and know what it`s supposed to do .

Well i don`t really know if it`s the Silence is Golden mod . But since you have used it in the past then you would know if it`s the one you are looking for and i don`t know the author yet and i don`t like to upload a file without giving the author full credit for the mod .

It worked perfectly, I don't remember if it's the silence is golden mod but it did the trick. thanks again! That Thunder noise was driving me insane.

Tommy said:
Well i don`t really know if it`s the Silence is Golden mod . But since you have used it in the past then you would know if it`s the one you are looking for and i don`t know the author yet and i don`t like to upload a file without giving the author full credit for the mod .
The author's name is Gloomfrost:
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7152-mod-silence-is-golden/page__view__findpost__p__221564

Someone else is asking for this mod, and I've just checked my files, and I don't have it, so if you would upload it to Nexus, that would be great.

Thanks!

Here ya go . http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/278

I will need to edit the author`s name though . Could have sworn it was ST Ghost .

Tommy said:
Here ya go . http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/278

I will need to edit the author`s name though . Could have sworn it was ST Ghost .
St. Ghost also made a mod to remove annoying sounds. I wasn't saying that whichever mod you have was made by Gloomfrost; I was saying that the Silence Is Golden mod was made by Gloomfrost. But if the one you found tones down the teleportation portal sound, silences Alvin, and has a lot of files of Geralt saying, "How," then it's Onkl's How Mod, not the Silence is Golden mod.

Thanks for uploading it!

Corylea said:
St. Ghost also made a mod to remove annoying sounds. I wasn't saying that whichever mod you have was made by Gloomfrost; I was saying that the Silence Is Golden mod was made by Gloomfrost. But if the one you found tones down the teleportation portal sound, silences Alvin, and has a lot of files of Geralt saying, "How," then it's Onkl's How Mod, not the Silence is Golden mod.

Thanks for uploading it!
Also updated it in the TW1 Mods Thread

Alright, so I am just starting The Witcher for the first time and am looking to get rid of the "thunder" sound when changing areas. However, the only mod I can find links to is Onkl's How Mod, which removes several other sounds as well. Right now the area change sound is the only one I want to eliminate, but I can't find the "Silence is Golden" mod that will do that. Does anyone have a copy of this? It's not on the Nexus site either (only Onkl's mod is there).

flang said:
Alright, so I am just starting The Witcher for the first time and am looking to get rid of the "thunder" sound when changing areas. However, the only mod I can find links to is Onkl's How Mod, which removes several other sounds as well. Right now the area change sound is the only one I want to eliminate, but I can't find the "Silence is Golden" mod that will do that. Does anyone have a copy of this? It's not on the Nexus site either (only Onkl's mod is there).
I searched the net for quite awhile trying in the past to locate the "silence is golden" mod but so far have had no luck in locating it yet .

flang said:
Onkl's How Mod contains SEPARATE sound files for each of the sounds it alters. If you simply add the sound you do want to change -- new-map.wav -- to your Data directory and discard the others, you'll have what you want.

If you download Onkl's How Mod, you get a folder, Sounds-278-.zip. Unzip that, and you'll get a folder called _sounds. Inside that folder will be 11 sound files. Copy the new-map.wav file to your The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder, and you'll be all set.

Corylea said:
Onkl's How Mod contains SEPARATE sound files for each of the sounds it alters. If you simply add the sound you do want to change -- new-map.wav -- to your Data directory and discard the others, you'll have what you want.

If you download Onkl's How Mod, you get a folder, Sounds-278-.zip. Unzip that, and you'll get a folder called _sounds. Inside that folder will be 11 sound files. Copy the new-map.wav file to your The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder, and you'll be all set.

Alright, that sounds like a great plan. So the files need to go into the Data directory, not into Override?

*Edit: Never mind, I played for a bit and confirmed the data directory is the way to go. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom