[TW1][adventure] Merry Witchmas

+
[TW1][adventure] Merry Witchmas

Geralt of Rivia is on his way to Kaer Morhen for winter, but decides to stop in Vizima to earn a couple of extra orens before the first snow falls, closing the main routes and sending the monsters deep into their hideouts. He doesn't realise that a theoretically simple job will force him to decide whether or not there will be Christmas this year. Nor if there will ever be snow again...

Initially we were planning this adventure as Christmas gift to community. Fortunately, team abandoned the idea. We made story longer, added quite extensive custom soundtrack and decorated Vyzima.
CD Projekt RED also included this work in the latest game edition! However, we made minor improvements later, so we strongly recommend you to download the recent version.

Languages: English, Polish, German, French
Play time: 3 hours

Features
  • fantasy world presented with a pinch of salt
  • Vyzima changed a bit – it’s a winter time
  • numerous references to famous people and cultural works
  • choose one side of the conflict and destroy the opposition
  • original soundtrack, in large part composed for this adventure
  • a secret bonus location
Links

I think I messed up my quest! :eek:
When I first went to the crypt and met Diabolo and his posse, I realized I wasn't ready for this. I got out, leveled up and went back. I killed the little friends, but Diabolo is nowhere to be found now. I searched everywhere, he just isn't there.
Can I still finish the quest or am I stuck now? :(

I haven't even finished this adventure yet, and I'm so impressed that I wanted to write you some gushing fan mail. For anyone else reading this, I'll try to put serious spoilers under a spoiler tag, but the short version is "Go play it if you haven't!"You guys have included so many little changes that make big differences. The sight of
a dwarf wearing make-up
was just hilarious, yet adorable. When I saw the Christmas tree in the hospital, I said to myself, "How did they do that," so I went closer.
The decorations are actually strings of garlic and pumpkins -- that's fabulous! And crates that have been reduced in size make surprisingly good presents under the tree.
Of course, the big surprise was
Diablo, and you guys did a fantastic job with him! Very impressive, I must say. And to whoever wrote the dialogue for that, I greatly enjoyed Geralt's unflappability in responding to Diablo's list of all his scary titles with "Geralt of Rivia, nice to meet you." I laughed out loud (which I do for delight, not just humor) when I saw Diablo and again at Geralt's answer. And lots of lovely fire and demon-from-hell atmosphere! Great job with that!
I was also glad to see that
you got a girlfriend for poor Kalkstein. He's a very nice man, if not terribly in touch with the way the world works, and the crazy math professor seems like a great match for him. I've always liked Kalkstein, so I'm glad he's got some company, if he wants it.
I didn't
pick up the red jewel after I killed Diablo; I'll have to restore from save once I've finished the adventure and see what terrible things happen if Geralt is foolish enough to take it.
Oh, and giving fisstech to a person with ... that name ... was also a great touch; the sort of thing that winks at those of us who've read a lot of SF but doesn't ruin the game for those who haven't.I'm sure I've forgotten something I enjoyed, since there was so much of it, and as I say, I haven't finished yet, but I wanted to tell you what a great job I thought you all had done before I forgot too much.Kudos!! :beer:

godkingofdivineroad said:
Which is the version that comes with the 1.5 patch? And if it's 1.0, which file should I replace to update it?
If you follow the link in Kamil (bonssaaay)'s signature, the page from which the download is available says this:
The most recent version of Merry Witchmas is available with The Witcher Patch 1.5. You can also download it separately, package contains a full walkthrough. This package contains english and polish version.Changes made since v1.0 1. Creating the English game localization. 2. A bunch of minor language corrections, the majority of which were pointed out by the players. 3. Game efficiency in Temple Quarter improved.. 4. Changes in the soundtrack: some musical pieces were replaced by new ones, composed by Studio Analog (consisting of Jakub Małek and Adrian Małek) and the band Tesserakt. 5. Walkthroughs in PDF, language versions: Polish and English. 6. Resolution of some minor errors.. 7. Titbit: the number of all notifications (error reports, requests for changes) from the beginning of our work on the mod, to finishing the latest version, came to exactly 666.
In other words, yes, the 1.5 patch is the most recent version, and you could have found this out for yourself with a single click!

Thanks for good words, Corylea :beer:Patch 1.5 for download doesn't contains the walkthrough? That's weird.Anyway, file is uploaded here. Will be available in couple hours - after file authorization.

Finished it. Well, half of it anyway: stil have to play for the evil side,The plot and characterisation was nice; following the tone of The Wedding it seemed tongue in-cheek and didn't take itself too seriously. And in the end Geralt's aim of earning some extra money for winter turned out a failure. ;DWhat I particularly liked was the dialogue references to various sources, including The Wedding.
-'That's why I'm nor getting married.'-'Closed season for drowners'-Diabolo-'Boy defeated the Dark Lord with only a scar!'-The she-dwarf. I had no idea Fedora was a woman till I got the quest to hook her up with the inventor. I see you used Tolkien's idea of dwarves.-Kalkstein reading the 'Casamutra'. ;D ;D ;D
I have only two complaints.
1.The side quests should not be listed as such since they're all essential to complete the game; they're different parts of the main quest.2.Why the hell do we have to go through the horrendous experience of bedding Helga in order to get the nurse outfit? Couldn't you have provided just one more path among all those dialogue options? That card almost made me lose my lunch.

2.Why the hell do we have to go through the horrendous experience of bedding Helga in order to get the nurse outfit? Couldn't you have provided just one more path among all those dialogue options? That card almost made me lose my lunch.
Maybe you're not so down with The Humor that you thought? ;)
I thought the Helga bit was hilarious and I tried every single line and I really lol'dI take it you didn't get the second sex card? Because then you might've fled the scene screaming, lol. I loved that one, too.
I also have played the first of two ways and am on my way to the eeeeevil game. I enjoyed this adventure very much, lots of funny stuff, lots of original objects, effects and characters and I loved the snow, the white roofs.And I didn't have a problem making some money - Kalkstein shelled out more than 5000 orens for the beastie ingredients I brought him (yes, I do tend to take my time and not rush through the game). I sometimes wonder if he has a philosopher's stone at home... :hmmm:
What I found really EVIL, was that the dogs had no tallow and I was so used to have plenty of oils at hand. Especially when there's a need for almost every single recipe in the game. That showed me how spoiled I was *g*.
And I very much loved the music. Especially the daylight city ambiente, so peaceful. But the other pieces are gorgeous, too. I think I'll convert the soundtrack and put it in my regular game for variety. :DI hope I'll find the bonus area in the second run.Great work, guys!

@godkingofdivineroad
1. We made quest for the hospital patients side quests coz otherwise almost every quests would be a main ones. Although now I see that makes some misunderstandings. Sorry

Kamilbonssaaay said:
2. Go to C:/Users[your account]/App Data/Local/The Witcher/temp/__ResourcesUnpackTmp in Vista. In XP it looks similar. Almost, but I can't remember specific path now :teeth:
In XP, it's C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\The Witcher\temp\__ResourcesUnpackTmp

Kamilbonssaaay said:
You don't have to convert any tune. All tunes in adventure are in OGG format - as same as regular game uses...
Oh.. I already did convert the mp3 files, but thanks anyway, because l learned something new about Djinni. That can't hurt. :D

Finished the evil part too. Wish the end cutscene had revealed more.
Like how the world would look like, all dried up with people dying of heat. ]:->
Please keep up the good work. Hoping to see more hilarious adventures. :DPS.Please make icky sex cards optional. Please. :-*

godkingofdivineroad said:
Please keep up the good work. Hoping to see more hilarious adventures. :DPS.Please make icky sex cards optional. Please. :-*
What now? Make up your mind. You want funny. You get funny. You cry.And if the funny is optional, you still do it to have a reason to cry "ick!"... :dead:Should I start complaining that I'm only always getting chicks on the cards? ;)Although I do hope the devs realize how big a female audience the Witcher has and consider that fact in the development for the next installment... a girl can dream. And pass some hints. ;D

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
You don't have to convert any tune. All tunes in adventure are in OGG format - as same as regular game uses...
Oh.. I already did convert the mp3 files, but thanks anyway, because l learned something new about Djinni. That can't hurt. :D
What for? :p Soundtrack in MP3 is avalaible here --> http://www.moddb.com/mods/merry-witchmas/downloads/merry-witchmas-soundtrack-for-v11 :pI thought that need OGG for the game :p@godkingofdivineroad
Maiking a longer ending cutscene would requires too much work. Finally, the adventure is already two times bigger that we were planning ;)

Yep, I downloaded the soundtrack and made ogg's from the mp3's, so I could put them in the game. I just didn't realize that Djinni unpacks the adventure and one can use the files from there. I'm glad I know now. :)I have another question:
What's with the special torch in my invetory? I never found out what I was supposed to do with it. Unless it's only for the evil version, I'm not through with that yet.

Top Bottom