[TW2] [mod] Profiles app

+
[TW2] [mod] Profiles app

Sooo hello people! :D

Since I love to play Witcher 2 and I have a brother who loves to play it too it has been very annoying for us to know which save file is mine and witch is his. That has been a problem with the first Witcher game and it is a problem now(little disappointed that CDPR didn't implement profiles). So a few days ago a wanted to do something about that and I have made a little application that simulates user profiles for Witcher 2.
Basically what this application does is it moves around save files depending on which profile have you set as an active profile. I will explain everything here in this post.

So when you first start the app messagebox will apper and say that you need to set a path to the Witcher 2 save files location.

Witcher 2 savegames location is a path to the folder where the game takes it's savefiles. If you are running windows 7 it will probably find the location by itself but double check it because app will not work if it is the wrong path.

Witcher 2 profiles location is the path to a folder where all your savegames from all your profiles will be stored when they are not used in the game. Set this the first time you run the app and don't change it later because it probably won't work right if you change that location and you already have a couple of profiles created.

Witcher 2 Launcher location is the path to your Witcher 2 game launcher. It is needed because the app has an option to launch the game after you exit the app. It will probably find the game launcher by itself but I can't be sure.

After you click OK main window will show up.

Here first you need to do is click on a new profile button. Another window will show up and there you need to write the new profile name and you need to choose between two options: new profile or current profile. New profile will create a blank profile(no savefiles) and will copy the savefiles from the witcher savegames folder(Those that are currently used in the game) to the witcher 2 profiles folder. If you choose current profile the savefiles from the witcher savegames folder will be copied to the witcher 2 profiles folder and will be used in game.

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory so I won't explain anything else. And I did my best to explain everything in the app too so just read the tooltips if something isn't clear.

//NEW STUFF EXPLANATION
Savegame Manager(editor) - is like a seperate app that you can launch on its own or through the profiles app window. But it will not work if you didn't create any profile.
In this app you can list savegames (with creation date and with actual gamesave name), you can easily select which savegames you want to delete and you can import savegames from some folder on your hard drive to your profile.
Savegame manager is originaly coded by Dai Griffith, who gave me permission to use it and make it compatible with my app.
known bugs: sorting gamesaves by date doesn't work as intended.. That's all I hope :)

Bug fixes and improvements:
-Added multi-threading - App doesn't freeze while copying stuff and while listing savegames.
-Fixed bug where launcher path wasn't properly set
-Improved overall stability
-And a lot more stuff that I don't remember really :)

//

This is the link to the witcher nexus where you can download: Download Link

If you have any questions and/or suggestions write them here in this topic or pm me here or on the nexus profile.

IMPORTANT!! New version of the app should be safe for use without fear of the unintentional loss of savegames. If you want to be extra safe backup your saves.

So... looking forward to the feedback :)

EDIT:Added link to new version and added explanation of the new stuff

Sandis

Forum veteran
Good it can be one good solution for massive TW2 save games storage...

Support pagan-metal.

Zanderat said:
Nice app. You should get it on the Nexus.
I will when I'm sure that it works for other people too.
And I plan to implement some new stuff like save game editor where you will be able to delete older savegames.

The application will not recognise my .exe file location for the launcher path, any suggestions on its location??

EDDY101 said:
The application will not recognise my .exe file location for the launcher path, any suggestions on its location??
Well there is a bug there that I plan to fix in the next version but here's what you can do.
When you manually find a path to the Launcher's location (for example mine is: D:\GOG.com\The Witcher 2) you need to manually add to the path: '\Launcher.exe'(without qoutes). So in the end it needs to look like this(in my case) 'D:\GOG.com\The Witcher 2\Launcher.exe' (without qoutes).

I hope this helps you :)

Sooo I have uploaded to the nexus a new version of this app.
I have fixed some bugs that could cause unintentional loss of savegames and I have added savegame manager so you can delete and import savegames.

check it out :) http://witcher.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=185

Just bumping this topic so that people who are new to the game know this app exists. :) Also it's very useful for everyone who will go for another playthrough now that the enhanced edition is out :)

Top Bottom