50 hours as a netrunner, just don't

+

Guest 4375874

Over a month as a netrunner for me....Just DO. It's great

I mean, if you invested in that specialization and nothing else you're robbing yourself. It's not like you have to do it, the devs expected players to be smart about their playstyle and maybe they shouldn't have but then we'd be here saying we want more freedom. I split between cool, intelligence and reflexes so I can have variety and let's be honest if you did put all your perks into hacking then you're a glass canon and if you end up in a mission that's more direct you will die. In any case if you go on youtube and tutorials to purposely seek out all the legendary items and skills, don't be surprised if it makes you powerful.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you did put all your perks into hacking then you're a glass canon and if you end up in a mission that's more direct you will die.
Not really. Just play smart and you can do anything. Not to mention the bonus crit damage and crit chance cyberware unlocked by int. And some cool is also needed to max out hacking damage so you will also be getting it bonuses, plus if you dump armadillo mods (no tech required) you will be immortal on normal and at some point on hard and by level 50 probably also on very hard.

It's not a problem of one specific "class" or build. I just went through game with assault rifle, sniper rifle and katana (points in reflexes, cool, then body, perks is assault, blades, cold blood, athletics) like laser knife through butter. And almost never bothered with stealth or hacks. On very hard. Game is just not Dark Souls, so don't try to find difficulty here =D

Playing on Hard, as kindve a jack of Trades (Blunt damage, shotgun/Lmg, Engineering, and Quickhacks) my quick hacks barely damaged most enemies. Shock would one shot some bots, but neithwer my lethal, or non lethal hacks did much damage. (1/3 at most). I found far more use out of crowd control of the burning effect, turning enemies against each other, or vomiting from Contagion. The damage just isnt that useful. I did not have every perk, admittedly, but I was only playing on Hard. I had alot into Body perks, and couldnt be damaged by most enemies.

The balance is terrible, but more importantly, alot of it just isnt fun.. But that too falls on the worst AI Ive ever seen, and poor balancing.. The biggest problems lie in the very shallow mechanics, and flood of useless loot.

I think maxing out a tree SHOULD make you powerful.. if you invest into the perks, you should reap extreme benefits. I hate feeling like Im not getting stronger, when my character grows. I dont think tech weapons should shoot through streets, and entire buildings, but i also think no one should be able to take a dozen shots to the head.

don't try to find difficulty here =D
It's Skyrim just easier :D
Post automatically merged:

I think maxing out a tree SHOULD make you powerful.. if you invest into the perks, you should reap extreme benefits.
There should be benefits and disadvantages. Right now there are quickly rising advantages and catchup mechanics - like if you go int you get DPS cyberware, if you go cool you get universal power gains. Netrunning does require IMHO the biggest investment, then melee (esp. on higher difficulties), then fire arms.
Post automatically merged:

Again, the best possible DPS will come from crafted weapons - because you get 15% additional damage with them with the right perks.
If you can afford the tech stat. You could gain more or same % by having more cool or body, or more int to unlock cyberware. The system is made in a way that no matter how you plan to build your character you can't make a bad choice. There is always some catchup so that so that tech talents or any other aren't mandatory. Not to mention that you can negate weapon DPS completely by just over-leveling the content.

Last edited:
My first (150 hour) playthrough was as a Netrunner and towards the end, I kind of just transitioned into a reflexes/blades build.

Overall, I much prefer the gameplay loop of using movement tech to navigate the topography of the environment to close in on enemies. Part of this is because Night City is such an interesting place to do this in. Theres an element of route planning, there is the movement tech execution. I found you can be really creative with it.

This is a clip of a farming loop I settled into when I decided I didn't want to netrun anymore and needed the perks to transition into blades:

Even something as rigidly farmable as hitting up Pacifica set spawn locations ends up having a lot of creativity and improvisation with air dodging so that every loop isn't the same. Just like playing Genji in Overwatch, you think about your environment differently when you have more options to traverse it.

And thats why I found netrunning so ultimately unsatisfying at the end. Its the same every single time. Legendary ping. Breach. Contagion. Everything dies and you walk into an empty building to collect loot.

I found that the most interesting things in the game for emergent gameplay possibilities were cyberware and perks that enable you to do something you can't do otherwise. For example, the body perk that allows you to reload and shoot while sprinting/vaulting is a big quality of life improvement for gunplay. Double jump cyberware opens up the verticality of every place you visit in the game. Maneuvering Systems cyberware lets you traverse great distances and route plan an assault that wasn't possible before.

On my second playthrough I've decided I want to go 11 body, 20 reflexes, 16 intelligence, 3 technical ability, 20 cool.

11 Body for the athletics perks that enable shooting/reloading while sprinting, sliding and vaulting so gunplay is smoother.

20 Reflexes so I can go full blades/pistols. I can shoot while dodging and dodge while aiming, again making gunplay smoother. Not going rifles/SMGs because the perks mostly require you to be behind cover and I just don't enjoy cover shooter gameplay for how passive/conservative it is. High reflexes also allows you to use cyberware like Maneuvering Systems, Kereznikov etc. which opens up a lot of movement tech.

20 Cool because Cold Blood is just nuts for everything (whether you go melee, guns, hacks).

3 Technical Ability because I really tried to get into crafting but it makes me do so many things that annoy me, I just decided to not partake until the entire system gets an overhaul. I already dislike save scumming to get mod slots on legendary clothing. I really didn't want to do more of it to not get crappy crafts. I really disliked manually deconstructing tonnes of items into components, one at a time.

16 Intelligence because it still allows you to run an effective contagion/ultimate hack builds with Netdriver/Rippler. I want to use a Cyberdeck anyway, not a Berserk or Sandevistan because Legendary Short Circuit applies its damage on crit to all weapons making blades, guns and fists good. In general legendary quickhack passives offer crazy utility like Reboot Optics so you have an option to run into buildings and get out undetected for when you need to do that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom