What story we should have got - from my point of view.

+
1. Picking lifepaths - great start BUT if you cant make 3 different stories even 40% of the time go with one...
2.Here's street kid V ... male and female love them both.
3.Liked how V and Jackie meet although V was in mama wells bar so it was less believable of how they have never met each other.
4. ..You are totally new, but Jackie had 30 street cred which was weird for me considering he tried to succeed.. So Jackie makes a deal with Padre to take you in and you start working your way up and Jackie works on different misisons cause he has higher street cred then you.
Padre gives you few side missions before telling you that Militech got Jackie sooo no one is stupid enough to help him but we go and somehow get jackie out.
Hearing this bravery or stupidity Rogue gives you access to Afterlife where we can continue on new gigs but the boss of the Valentinos calls u and Jackie and tells you that maelstrom is kidnapping young people and chrome them causing half of them to have cyberpsychosis like they did in one of the missions. So we are trying to help - stopping cyberpsycos but we eventually find out that they are doing more than that. Full crates of drugs and chrome are shipped and the COPS and the mayor are in on it. That is how we meet River and he is telling us about his nephew and we fix that crime. But now his partner is the only one who can be blamed for this so he goes to a megabuilding and hides with a drug lord.. so now River calls you and ask you to help him. So you enter the megabuilding and it closes... YES, DREDD baby.. now you have to go floors fighting maelstrom to get to Rivers partner and the drug lord... you finish that quest and now more options open up for you..
Other fixers that have certain jobs for you.
They heard what u did with the cyber problem so the cheif of the police calls you and the fixers telling you that maxtech are a big problem but someone needs to go in and work from inside for a while... so you do quests there where you bond with people and you find out that max-tech officers actually recieve some kind of boosters and they did not take their own lives, that someone from their squad kept killing them.. yess it was Melissa the girl from 2012 trailer and she had fun.. you can kill her or just say the deaths were from the boosters...
Word on the street is that arasaka and millitech are gonna have another war so the gangs are choosing sides.. If you help some gangs over other they fight you and send you people to shoot you like the car fights ...or if you pissed me off real bad they sent you some assassin.
You get street cred more and more so you can afford new apartment, cars, chrome and even buy some bussiness maybe.. and yet we are in the middle of a cold war.. NOW we choose.. help Millitech and Meredith or Arasaka and Abernathy or Hanako whatever.. we do missions for both - so we can betray them later or just for one of em.. missions like we have in the game but also a lot of stories with huge plot twist like bosses killing bosses - animals - we save Victor on a gambling debt, Royce.. hell even the wodoboys who were just using you to take over Pacifica and launch a rocket to the city center and we need to stop that launch... and also finding out about how Arasaka controls souls or Millitech controls minds via AI .... what is better for night city??...
Rogue will fight for you if you are against Arasaka, Takemura who will fight Militech and has contracts for you to get some weird tank from them or i dont know a huge emp pulse gun loool .. But we have other fixers who would work for Militech like Dex who returns to night city after 3 years... So we do all the jobs we want - getting close to some gangs and having close missions with them even the Mox - Judy and meet Evelyn and well other gangs like tiger claws - and the secret boss Wanako... there should be systems - factions put in place where u cant join but get very close and you can call them if we fight other faction.
So.. you and jackie finally choose a side and enter one of the corps or fck em both and side with all the gangs and destroy everything that arasaka and millitech stood in night city.. backing the war thing they wanted for at least few years.... getting the street cred to 100 Rogue gives you a legend place with Jackie in the afterlife and lets u run things and Dex and Evelyn seeing Arasaka torn cause of you and the gangs or Militech make the plan about the HEIST and ask you and Jackie to steal a relic that is meant for Saburo...You dont wanna go but Jackie tells you is the last mission and can just get away and retire with Misty.. so you being all kindhearted tell Jackie that would love one last ride with your boii and you go alone with him because you heard that the relic can make you immortal and not planning to honor Dexs deal and just go gun blazing inside but you were wrong.. Arasaka was taken from Saburo and you messed up...His son- Yarinobu just wanted you out of the way- (because everyone was listening to you) so he hired Dex and made Evelyn a puppet - which she thought it was other way around... killing Jackie in the process but not T-bug who betrays you and even though we are a walking tank she cuts our optic implant and Dex kills us... and that is it... Jonny saves us and we wake up in the junk yard... no street cred cause everyone thinks we are dead... our face is not recognisable, no Jackie and alone.. No Takamura cause we probably killed him on our attack on Arasaka.... we see our face in a broken mirror and we are in pieces, and crawling we find a phone and call Victor which we saved him from the animals more then once and he finds us... broken, small and takes us with him... and we finish the main game on the same screen as we started... character customization...

I got bored waiting for my girlfriend soo here :D
Thx for reading :D

I would like to see different endings. Like,

1) The path of freedom - V leaves NC, with nomads or alone. Leaved once and for all, because after Mikoshi raid he is a wanted man and hunted, because Arasaka named him terrorist and put a price on his head. No glory, no wealth, but V is free. Possible romance continuation with Panam/Judy (both of them have valid reasons to hate NC and leave it for good). Kerry or River will dump V, because they have solid reasons to stay in NC - career and family

2) The path of glory - V stays in NC as a rich and legendary merc, but also Arasaka new top hitman, like Smasher before him. V must serve Arasaka because only this corp can protect him from itself and legal charges for various crimes. Glory, wealth, exclusive Arasaka in-house gear and cyberware, but V will never be truly free.

And that's all. No need of plot cancer whatsovever.

1. Picking lifepaths - great start BUT if you cant make 3 different stories even 40% of the time go with one...

This statement makes no sense. I got literally hundreds of Corpo dialogues because of my life path. I loved being a sharp dressed Edgerunner contrasting to the other ones. Did no one play Dragon Age? You start with different origins but all end as a Gray Warden.

As for your plot, it's nice but I was hoping it would eventually resemble the game.

Shame.

:(

Icinix

Forum veteran
This statement makes no sense. I got literally hundreds of Corpo dialogues because of my life path. I loved being a sharp dressed Edgerunner contrasting to the other ones. Did no one play Dragon Age? You start with different origins but all end as a Gray Warden.

As for your plot, I was hoping it would eventually resemble the game.

Shame.

Dragon Age Origins did give you some cool end game states depending on your origins though. While ultimately they were more flavour than real world changes - Origins did a bang up job of making you feel like your choice at the very start mattered.

I like that we get lots of dialogue for our starting life path, I just wish it went that extra bit of making it feel like it mattered more? You know?

As for your plot, it's nice but I was hoping it would eventually resemble the game.

Shame.

But those choices dont matter...its just another way of saying things or just shows the you know something without the benefit...the only time it matter was with the flathead but that is because the whole rpg elements were made to matter and after that they just said heck it...and add it like a dialogue that says YES and just yes..
Oh and about the plot well it actually did cause Jonny is first expansion here where V was a night city legend first and gets ambushed but still manages to take the chip.
Post automatically merged:

I would like to see different endings. Like,

1) The path of freedom - V leaves NC, with nomads or alone. Leaved once and for all, because after Mikoshi raid he is a wanted man and hunted, because Arasaka named him terrorist and put a price on his head. No glory, no wealth, but V is free. Possible romance continuation with Panam/Judy (both of them have valid reasons to hate NC and leave it for good). Kerry or River will dump V, because they have solid reasons to stay in NC - career and family

2) The path of glory - V stays in NC as a rich and legendary merc, but also Arasaka new top hitman, like Smasher before him. V must serve Arasaka because only this corp can protect him from itself and legal charges for various crimes. Glory, wealth, exclusive Arasaka in-house gear and cyberware, but V will never be truly free.

And that's all. No need of plot cancer whatsovever.
Well that was just for my benefit of being a night city legend...would not call it cancer though...seems ok for 5 min thinking xD

Dragon Age Origins did give you some cool end game states depending on your origins though. While ultimately they were more flavour than real world changes - Origins did a bang up job of making you feel like your choice at the very start mattered.

I like that we get lots of dialogue for our starting life path, I just wish it went that extra bit of making it feel like it mattered more? You know?
Yeah that was my point.. Wished that it would matter...

would not call it cancer though...seems ok for 5 min thinking xD
Death in 6 months due to DNA mumbo-jumbo contracticts laws of drama, logic, common sense and world lore. Moreover, Mike Pondsmith, creator of Cyberpunk, stated, that in this world you can't save the world, but you can save yourself and your loved ones. This game kills V no matter what, rendering player's choices meaningless and reducing replayability to zero.
But if you find the plot cancer logical and satisfying, then good for you.

Death in 6 months due to DNA mumbo-jumbo contracticts laws of drama, logic, common sense and world lore. Moreover, Mike Pondsmith, creator of Cyberpunk, stated, that in this world you can't save the world, but you can save yourself and your loved ones. This game kills V no matter what, rendering player's choices meaningless and reducing replayability to zero.
But if you find the plot cancer logical and satisfying, then good for you.
But...we die and lose everything in the end in my plot as well...you didnt read it, did you?

But...we die and lose everything in the end in my plot as well...you didnt read it, did you?
Frankly speaking, it was difficult to read and comprehend your text. A lot of "...", lack of completed sentences and paragraphs. But, as far as i managed to get it, in the end V is alive and not dying from plot cancer, though he lost everything. Not half-bad alternative too, but i think mine are more satisfying)

I think CP77 would only win if were NOT open-world adventure, but rather like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or the original Mafia.
Story missions, and in-between — limited, pre-written activities, side-jobs included.
For example, after the Heist V must go undercover, because Arasaka ninjas are searching him to take back the Relic etc. So V must hide in one small area at time, where local fixer hide V in return for some jobs completion. Main plot is developing, and V moves to new areas to hide, because, for example, previous area is compromised and local fixer can'r protect him anymore.
Each and every gig and job have reason — work for local fixer in return for his protection. Each location has a major NPC like Panam, River, Judy or Kerry, whom V can help or not. I would probably add some game mechanic of V's cover — hitting the citizens with your car, open firefights and other noize would decrease your Cover meter, and if it's zero, game over. And some jobs and gigs could also decrease or increase V's Cover meter.
That approach would allow devs to reroute their time and effort from open-worldness (which they failed) towards plot, characters and sidequests.

...would not call it cancer though...

I think he was referring to the original plot of V and his implant situation, which is still included in your plot.

They could have written literally any-number of plot lines to better suit an open-world game (like early machinations of a new corporate war, as you allude to). But instead we got the story and game we got because 'hollywood face brings to life major franchise character'. It's too linear and restricting for open-world.

EDIT: also you might want to put SPOILER in title as the discussion is heading that way

Last edited:
I think he was referring to the original plot of V and his implant situation, which is still included in your plot.

They could have written literally any-number of plot lines to better suit an open-world game (like early machinations of a new corporate war, as you allude to). But instead we got the story and game we got because 'hollywood face brings to life major franchise character'.
I was referring to V's death in 6 months because DNA mumbo-jumbo, contradicting world-lore, logic and very essense of RPG genre.

I would change the fact that V is sick and doesn't have Silverhand in his head, rather the story's struggle would be V's grand rise to living up to legends like Silverhand, maybe even having options to imitate, imbody, and surpass them as a unique legend in NC history.

To go even further than that Dragon Age Origins made you feel like your decisions mattered because they did. There are multiple outcomes for situations you are in not only the endings.

Apart from some things i feel there was meant to be more to like taking the chip to evelyn or dex, im happy enough with the story tbh.

Moreover, Mike Pondsmith, creator of Cyberpunk, stated, that in this world you can't save the world, but you can save yourself and your loved ones.

He also said that the message of (his) Cyberpunk is a warning; Oppressed populations, Unchecked corporate agendas, Corrupt governments, Unsanctioned and immoral warmongering.

That message gets lost in this story.

Top Bottom