Proposed fix for clothing, need feedback

+
We are all aware of the clown show problem dictated by the stats on clothing.
We agree there should be a way to either apply another look on top of clothing or transfer stats to ones we like.

The proposed solution here would be to remove stats from gear entirely:

• Remove stats from gear and make all stats part of the mods
  • Mods that mirror gear stats already exist
  • Add more mod slots to the cyberware and allow us to put armor specific mods onto them, armor, weight, movement speed, resistances, fall damage reduction etc
  • Done
Further an adjustment to cyberware would probably be:
  • Allow us to upgrade cyberware based on player level and increase mod stat caps according to said upgrade tier and player level

Once this is addressed focus on following for the benefits of immersion:

• Make clothing have an impact aside from just customization, clothing has distinct features in stylistic expression: street, nomad, corpo. Make our choice of clothing impact how npcs in the Night City approach and treat us.
  • Have us invested in making sets of clothing to benefit certain parts or quests in terms of feedback we get from the characters that are involved in it.
  • Maybe make clothing a trigger on how our romance partner reacts to us or trigger more intimacy and affection based on it in a passive environment outside of quests.
  • Police and gangs should treat us differently, ignore us or engage more with us if we dress a certain way.
  • Merchants should be more willing to give us discounts or better offers based on our appearance.

Lastly a few benefits of this fix:

• Fast fix that could be implemented without the need to make more menus and extensive clothing systems
  • Easy way to make clothing farmable for vanity or achievement purposes
  • Clothing sets don't require any stat adjustments since stats are cyberware based
  • Way more immersion and decision making and impact on our surrounding not just personal taste

As I am not a programmer I can only guess if this fix would be very extensive in terms of just making clothing not have stats. I am sure advancing clothes to have more impact to our surrounding, npcs or features would require a more substantial investment from the developers.
Please share your ideas and opinions, I am not aware if this fix was already suggested but I am hoping to get an insight as to what the community feels would be a good solution. Thank you!

We are all aware of the clown show problem dictated by the stats on clothing.
We agree there should be a way to either apply another look on top of clothing or transfer stats to ones we like.

The proposed solution here would be to remove stats from gear entirely:

• Remove stats from gear and make all stats part of the mods
  • Mods that mirror gear stats already exist
  • Add more mod slots to the cyberware and allow us to put armor specific mods onto them, armor, weight, movement speed, resistances, fall damage reduction etc
  • Done
Further an adjustment to cyberware would probably be:
  • Allow us to upgrade cyberware based on player level and increase mod stat caps according to said upgrade tier and player level

Once this is addressed focus on following for the benefits of immersion:

• Make clothing have an impact aside from just customization, clothing has distinct features in stylistic expression: street, nomad, corpo. Make our choice of clothing impact how npcs in the Night City approach and treat us.
  • Have us invested in making sets of clothing to benefit certain parts or quests in terms of feedback we get from the characters that are involved in it.
  • Maybe make clothing a trigger on how our romance partner reacts to us or trigger more intimacy and affection based on it in a passive environment outside of quests.
  • Police and gangs should treat us differently, ignore us or engage more with us if we dress a certain way.
  • Merchants should be more willing to give us discounts or better offers based on our appearance.

Lastly a few benefits of this fix:

• Fast fix that could be implemented without the need to make more menus and extensive clothing systems
  • Easy way to make clothing farmable for vanity or achievement purposes
  • Clothing sets don't require any stat adjustments since stats are cyberware based
  • Way more immersion and decision making and impact on our surrounding not just personal taste

As I am not a programmer I can only guess if this fix would be very extensive in terms of just making clothing not have stats. I am sure advancing clothes to have more impact to our surrounding, npcs or features would require a more substantial investment from the developers.
Please share your ideas and opinions, I am not aware if this fix was already suggested but I am hoping to get an insight as to what the community feels would be a good solution. Thank you!

A good option would be to add "cool" bonuses, specific for the kind of npc's you're going to interact:
Fir instance, speaking to a corpo while dressed as a dumpster diver, could give a malus in specific dialogue options

I'd like the stash room to be converted to a crafting room. And the main area is a clothing station. This station would have V put the X grade item on it. And the stats, mod slots etc. are loaded in. Than the original clothing is put in a special sperate storage system (that's unlimited). If you pick up duplicates. They are flagged as junk and can be auto deleted in the future. But all the states of the garments are copied into a terminal. Which than can be preloaded and upgraded like now. Than when you are done. The visible model is picked and put on top of those stats. You can freely switch to your look of choice. Giving a damn purpose to the apartment. I rather crafting be restricted to a machine in your car or at the apartment. If you have a van vehicle. You can change stat clothing on the field.

A good option would be to add "cool" bonuses, specific for the kind of npc's you're going to interact:
Fir instance, speaking to a corpo while dressed as a dumpster diver, could give a malus in specific dialogue options
I was expecting it to be something along those lines as well when I saw the promotional material. Mostly the following image comes to mind on how they approached fashion in this universe.

SyJSGEMybieGBE0LBCScVwtA9pZBKkWLU6WHXBF_6_c.png

I can understand as an artist you wish to describe your thought process and world building ideas and backgrounds to give it all logic and substance, however for it to not translate into anything in terms of a feature given that you start as corpo, nomad or street kid, that all have distinct looks, just feels like a missed opportunity. Not sure how far reaching the things we propose are, but at some point you want to push and innovate on your game and not just pick up slack for dropped features. And I like to believe we try do point where we see those innovations in terms of this at least. Don't think we are that different thinking from CDPR on this.

the system is fine as it is.
you can buy better stuff if your reputation gets better
even some enemys react on your reputation

and i dont get it why people call it a clown show?
put on the gear you like and be done with it
if you whant sets, google where to find them

also stats on the gear dosnt kinda matter if you play as a ghost or a netrunner

the one thing i would like are hardecoded modslots.. and not random modslots, so you dont have to save/reload all the time

I'd like the stash room to be converted to a crafting room. And the main area is a clothing station. This station would have V put the X grade item on it. And the stats, mod slots etc. are loaded in. Than the original clothing is put in a special sperate storage system (that's unlimited). If you pick up duplicates. They are flagged as junk and can be auto deleted in the future. But all the states of the garments are copied into a terminal. Which than can be preloaded and upgraded like now. Than when you are done. The visible model is picked and put on top of those stats. You can freely switch to your look of choice. Giving a damn purpose to the apartment. I rather crafting be restricted to a machine in your car or at the apartment. If you have a van vehicle. You can change stat clothing on the field.
This is really an excellent idea on how to use the apartment while giving even more incentive to promote collecting and mixing and matching to your taste while keeping it easy to overview.

A workshop station in your apartment and van would be nice indeed !

I think that you should get the blueprint of any object you dismantle. Then be able to craft it with any stat, maxed out accordingly to your level (then you'll be able to upgrade it). Depending on your crafting perks, you'd be able to craft the item with one stat (common) up to 4 stats (legendary). Each tier granting max mod slots available.

Of course, the required components would have to fit the tier of the crafted item. But a workbench would allow you to mass craft some items and upgrade components massively if you have the perk that allows it.

Every piece of clothe / armor we see in game should be obtainable somewhere. In addition, a dedicated craftsman V should be able to change color and aspect of his / her creations.

I also think that we should get rid of the level requirement system for items. Make them just scale with your level. It's counter immersive and serves no purpose.

If you want it to be even more realistic, make separate, customisable, buyable workbenches for armor and weapons. Allow a car to have a basic one, van 2 basics or one fully equiped, apartment 2 but with full options.
Although currently, you can call all your vehicules at your location, thus having mobile workbenches kind of killing the purpose of having some in your apartment. If you have to pay for all of them though, it could make sense.

I wouldn't mind not being able to craft without the use of a workbench. In addition, being able to mark some armor / weapons as junk and being able to dismantle / sell them at a workbench / drop point would be nice.

Top Bottom