TV Program in CP2077

+

Crudeo

Forum regular
I haven't seen someone pointing out how amazing the TV, news broadcast and advertising inside the game is.

If you watch the News in-game, listen to the radio and aware of the billboards you can see them changing and reacting to current events.

Especially when replaying the game you recognize advertising for the Passion and after gigs you see interviews about what you have done, big and small.

That is something I really want to give credit to the devs and team of CDPR.

I wish we could have had more of this.

That's really something amazing and cool!

There is also a radio spot about the Passion that I heard on my most recent playthrough.

2 of the loading screens are directly related to events you do in game as well.

So yes, paying attention to the media of the game does bring a lot more context and depth to what is going on.

yota71

Forum regular
I haven't seen someone pointing out how amazing the TV, news broadcast and advertising inside the game is.

If you watch the News in-game, listen to the radio and aware of the billboards you can see them changing and reacting to current events.

Especially when replaying the game you recognize advertising for the Passion and after gigs you see interviews about what you have done, big and small.

the TV broadcast changes when you advance in the game, they feature peter Pan, Meredith Stout and so on

In some games, there is an actual built-in mechanic that forces your character to look at something they want you to see (just long enough to bring it to your attention without feeling overly invasive).

I think a lot of folks miss details like this because that mechanic doesn't exist in this game. Shame.

I have an issue in that the radio and TV sounds are too low and the sound setting in the options isn't helping. Anyone got any solutions?

I have an issue in that the radio and TV sounds are too low and the sound setting in the options isn't helping. Anyone got any solutions?

Not that any of us have any control over, unfortunately.

In this area in particular, they should have gone the Fallout 4 route of giving the radio and game volumes separate controls in the GUI.

I think not enough folks appreciate the journey and "power game" themselves right past some of these types of details.

I spent a couple of hours just sitting in vs apartment watching TV the first night. Then the next couple of days just driving around the map/city exploring.

Not that any of us have any control over, unfortunately.

In this area in particular, they should have gone the Fallout 4 route of giving the radio and game volumes separate controls in the GUI.
Literally can't hear anything people are saying on the radio and TV. Too bad I guess haha
Post automatically merged:

I think not enough folks appreciate the journey and "power game" themselves right past some of these types of details.

I spent a couple of hours just sitting in vs apartment watching TV the first night. Then the next couple of days just driving around the map/city exploring.
How do you actually hear what they are saying? My TV and Radio sound is at 10% lol

Another thing I really like, though it doesn't 'change' when you do missions, is the conspiracy theories on one of the radio stations. Some of them you'll end up having inside information on by the time you finish the game. I thought it was cool listening to them on my second playthrough and being like 'that ain't just a theory my dude, that's actually happening!'.

Like GTA5 the tv programme and advertisements are awesome! I wish i could see more of these shows on tv at Vs flat. The guy with the golden jacket, Dennys show and so on. It's funny to watch. :)

Literally can't hear anything people are saying on the radio and TV. Too bad I guess haha

How do you actually hear what they are saying? My TV and Radio sound is at 10% lol

At least for me on headphones, i find i have to look at the sound source to hear it. And everything V says is like 10% no matter where the camera is facing lol.

yea i cant hear them too. my radio volume in car is very low when driving, i have no idea why. lacing on pc. my brother playing on ps4 has a radio volume much higher and there is rly no option to turn it up or down... kinda sad. I basicly cant hear any cool radio music which i wanted to listen too. I guess theres only youtube left to check that songs out.

and they advertised so many artists making music for CP2077 xd now i cant listen to them when playing...

It's not amazing; including edge-lordy fake TV commercials doesn't make up for releasing a broken game.
You're right that it doesn't make up for anything but when good work is done it should be acknowledged and hopefully CDPR will see the good feedback and decide to go more in that direction to improve the game overall.

Also in terms of the "edge-lordy" ads, the point here is that these ads aren't edge-lordy in Night City, they're normal and thats what makes them horrible/great and help provide some immersion that helps the player get lost in the fantasy of being in the dark future.

Unfortunately though so much of the rest of the game either does nothing to help create immersion or does the opposite and takes away from immersion.

The TV, news, billboard adds, commercials, and all the original music are well done and help with immersion. They help to give you a good sense of the general state of the world.

Some of my favorite adds are the "at least you're wearing Jiginuji" ones.

There is also a radio spot about the Passion that I heard on my most recent playthrough.

2 of the loading screens are directly related to events you do in game as well.

So yes, paying attention to the media of the game does bring a lot more context and depth to what is going on.
Sadly they didn't isolate the current event reports from the radio. So when you mute it. You don't even know. Unless you have the subtitles on. These need to be moved to your character hud.

Top Bottom