Maybe it's all Red Engine's fault?

+
They didn't have the time. That is obvious when visible map holes are in the game. Why they didn't have the time. That is up to what happened during the development process. Many possible reasons. I causally drove out of bounds. Because they never closed the map off correctly

View attachment 11134868View attachment 11134871

This place is used for the NOMAD ending, this is intentional it's not a hole per say it's an area with a texture with a very specific cube map for reflection or a specific material if you are using RT.

This is that surface with the night sky reflection that the tank is floating over during the last cut scene when you break through the tunnel.

I find this blaming devs of just being lazy assholes kind of icky, when there was a crunch and lot of rumours of mismanagement and lot of shit being reworked during development.

You can retell these facts over and over and people still wont listen. This game and its players are full of cognitive biases.

The game is an unfinished mess because of the management constantly changing its direction, that is confirmed by Schreier. Its not the devs fault. It was the same with Witcher 3. Many devs that worked on witcher 3 left the company almost half of the team after 2015/16.

Cdp employs lots of young devs by recruiting them at schools in Poland. Cheaper and easier to jank around. Labour laws sucks in Poland as well, so CDP also treats them like shit because they can. There are no consequences for that. Dont like it? Quit. Stand up for yourself? Fired. Next.

If that mail about review scores and bonus pay never leaked, the devs never would have gotten that bonus after launch.

CDP management are evil sobs worth billions now. Being one for the players sure as shit means spitting on their devs and the apologize-card always seems to work, because no other company does it.

Its all a facade.

Ow, comparing the bethesda engine is a bar that hits the ground :)
Even a Texas Instruments calculator can outperform this engine....

:ROFLMAO:

Dear Mentos 3;

We cordially invite you to inspect our state of the art game development facility next Tuesday at 0230hrs. We're quite certain you've misperceived our game development capabilities, and game engine itself.

Upon arrival; turn left into the dark unlit alley way behind our building; feel free to park anywhere, wait next to the dumpster--------our two lead developers, Chainsaw and Bloody Bill, will meat you and get your tour under way!

Kindest Regards; Countess Bathory, Bethesda Hospitality Dept. ;)

The devs knew very well the state of the game, yet remained silent probably thinking about all the preorder money they would get a share from.

Like they had any authority to say anything or influence on game's release.
And what share? They get the shit wages, not some "share of the profits".

The AI on PC is not any better, so i dont see the relevance? Or do you mean that on PC we have to suffer because Console is shite?

Its true that A.I calculations are handled by the CPU. And that PC is always suffering a sort of downgrade because of consoles, it has to look the same and play the same. Only difference is FPS. Witcher 3s graphics are a prime example of that.

But, there is also a technical side of this. You can have a nasa computer and cyberpunks A.I would still be shit because for one its incomplete and unfinished, its full of technical bugs, the A.I code runs in circles and eventually crashes and restarts more than often. A.I is something you always configure when the rest of the game is finished in production, the A.I cyberpunk has now is just a placeholder to test other things gameplay wise.

The A.I sucks because the devs never got the time to finish the game because of the management rushed the whole thing, prepared an apologize pr letter and most players swallowed it like the fish gulper in witcher 3.

...and I'm tired of pretending everything and everyone is to blame except the devs.

Yes let's blame one month of overpaid crunch, let's blame investors for waiting eight years and wanting returns on their investment, and let's blame the consumers for being tricked by the hype that they (the devs themselves) helped propagate in their podcasts, tweets, and youtube videos instead of putting more effort in the game. The devs knew very well the state of the game, yet remained silent probably thinking about all the preorder money they would get a share from.

Also, those so-called "leaks" are probably just part of the damage control in case you didn't figured out yet, because otherwise this mess would be even more inexcusable.

Check this out. It explains a lot.

I didn't even watch 99% of the videos they had released. I solely went on their articles and words on what to expect. They said extensive character customization. I see this world that lets you do whatever to the body. So I'm expecting to have access to all the implants I see in your photos and on characters. Now, from my past experiences. This has to be better than Saints Row 3 + 4. As a basic bench mark. Because that game lets you sculpt the character body. Not to mention Alter the body during the game.

They also allow you to control the genitals. So now their "extensive" creator must be better than that. In reality, it's not. It's a basic creator. If they had said a basic creator. I would be fine. You have to strictly give examples of what you mean. Better than Saint's Row 3/4, Sims 4. Or similar to Mass Effect. A 15 year old game. You start seeing WHY they didn't say the truth. As the game took longer and longer to make. Games past them in effort and details. RDR2 Which was in development for a similar time. Did stay ahead of the curve. And even became a new prescient. With RDR2. GTA VI will be expected to have similar NPC interactions and world detail moving forward.

Last edited:

mbrto

Forum regular
I didn't even watch 99% of the videos they had released. I solely went on their articles and words on what to expect. They said extensive character customization. I see this world that lets you do whatever to the body. So I'm expecting to have access to all the implants I see in your photos and on characters. Now, from my past experiences. This has to be better than Saints Row 3 + 4. As a basic bench mark. Because that game lets you sculpt the character body.

They also allow you to control the genitals. So now their "extensive" creator must be better than that. In reality, it's not. It's a basic creator. If they had said a basic creator. I would be fine. You have to strictly give examples of what you mean. Better than Saint's Row 3/4, Sims 4. Or similar to Mass Effect. A 15 year old game. You start seeing WHY they didn't say the truth. As the game took longer and longer to make. Games past them in effort and details. RDR2 Which was in development for a similar time. Did stay ahead of the curve. And even became a new prescient. With RDR2. GTA VI will be expected to have similar NPC interactions and world detail moving forward.

i think the character creator is great and my V looks fantastic

i think the character creator is great and my V looks fantastic
It's fine as a basic editor. It's not anything ground breaking or extensive. Which what they where leading everyone it would be. That's the issue. But on top of that. We can't edit the character after the start. One of the dumbest decisions ever.

And that PC is always suffering a sort of downgrade because of consoles, it has to look the same and play the same.
In the moment we are in the bright time of transition between current/next gen.

Building a PC with the features of a XSX or PS5 would cost € +/- 1500 (Nov. 2020). I think the biggest part of "gamer"-PCs is in this range (or lower). Mine is. Especially if you're not in the group of players where a millisecond is the little difference between blown away by headshot or not.

Don't blame it on the consoles. I wasn't that thrilled with my XSX, either. And hey, the PS5 had "crowds" little as kindergarten-groups?
It isn't always the fault of the (console-)hardware.

mbrto

Forum regular
It's fine as a basic editor. It's not anything ground breaking or extensive. Which what they where leading everyone it would be. That's the issue. But on top of that. We can't edit the character after the start. One of the dumbest decisions ever.
customisation after the character creator is nice to have, not an essential feature.
developers were already crunching to meet their deadlines
makes sense that barbers didnt make it into the initial release

FkzAz

Forum regular
In the moment we are in the bright time of transition between current/next gen.

Building a PC with the features of a XSX or PS5 would cost € +/- 1500 (Nov. 2020). I think the biggest part of "gamer"-PCs is in this range (or lower). Mine is. Especially if you're not in the group of players where a millisecond is the little difference between blown away by headshot or not.

Don't blame it on the consoles. I wasn't that thrilled with my XSX, either. And hey, the PS5 had "crowds" little as kindergarten-groups?
It isn't always the fault of the (console-)hardware.

The fault isn't not about the old Gen consoles, its of those that decided to sell the game on them.

It's kinda of a crime how this game looks atm on the Next Gen (I have it on PS5). But then again they were very clear about the next Gen patch.

I just hope that the engine got a good compiler that knows how to take advantage of the new consoles architecture (which is understandable if it doesn't right now, specially on PS5 that got an innovative and never seen new bus architecture).

Because let's face it. This consoles are superior in terms of power then 98% of all gamming community HW out there (because yeah, we all got a gamming pc, even those playing miniclip games on a integrated HD graphics).

The good news is that with the PSN situation atm, this patch will come much more sooner than anticipated. They need to get the game back on PSN store. Just the news that it's finally back on the store, will be an "auto boost" on their stock market price. And make no mistake, that's their #1 priority, given all that we saw with CDPR and this launch.

The fault isn't not about the old Gen consoles, its of those that decided to sell the game on them.

Actually, it's CDPR's fault for not being completely forthcoming about the testing they did on older consoles.

They didn't "lie" about the performance. They just didn't say anything at all. Until they got caught by this disastrous launch. The reputational hit from that alone is a huge problem for them. Because from here on, vendors will feel they can't trust them. Many people don't realize (or even know, really) that platform vendors are a major source of development investment capital for most of today's AAA titles.

Big ambition requires big money to materialize. It doesn't matter how much profit they made from their previous titles. It wasn't remotely close to enough for a title this ambitious. And you can bet that with the amount of hype from ALL sides for this game, that Sony AND Microsoft were both heavily invested.

I know I know, I won't make a lot of friends here, but its amazing to read through your comments ..

"the public wants what the public gets" (JAM - Thats Entertainment) lol

Location disadvantage and underpaid, too. Not so easy getting (enough) skilled people.

That is called "life". Don't like your job, quit it, change it. Its so pathetic that you guys try to find excuses for people who lied to you. When consumers won't speak up for them, nobody will. Do you really think that CDPR will "fix" things? Why would that be? The biggest money has been made, they are laughing and apologising all the time and all you idealistic people say "yeah, the AI can be fixed by patches", "they probably will release the game as it was intended as a DLC". Give a ONE good reason why they should do that? It's over.

To be honest, I really wanted to like the game too. I really wanted to believe it too. What strikes me most is that we had to learn what CP2077 deep communicated message is (f*ck corpo) through a practical life lesson which does exactly this.

Please do not try to protect them. We need to be held accountable for what we say. Please do not let everyone
let slip away with everything. Its that easy. You don't want people to tell you that you AI is worse than GTA IV?

Then don't tell the world that you will make a next gen open-world RPG, just don't.

And also, I know that everyone will yell "This is not GTA!". I know it is not. But when you announce a game, that will be totally revolutionising everything, I think it should - at least - be en par with what has been a standard up until now. Keep your word. I am shocked that I have to write this, this should be an overall accepted moral code and not something exotic. Just try to keep your word, be authentic, because things will backfire in the end. CDPR will probably be sold in the future and forgotten and CP2077 is dead, don't believe in some magical power that will go for justice and give the people what they were promised. This is not a superhero universe, this is life. Politics and corporations tell lies and people are buying them.

Just think for yourself.
Post automatically merged:

They didn't "lie" about the performance.

“Speaking earlier this week on Wednesday (and transcribed by Seeking Alpha), Kaciński said that Cyberpunk 2077's performance on the base PS4 and Xbox One consoles is "surprisingly good, I would say, for such a huge world."

Last edited:
Top Bottom