Do you think CD Projekt will change existing content?

+
I've read many comments about cut content. If they really had to cut some of the content due to lack of time, do you think they will add it somehow? This could mean not only to add new stuff, but to modify the existing storyline, and I'm not sure if the company is willing to do it. I would be happy if they plan to add some things like a romance with Takemura or other characters, or improve some interactions with them. But on the other side it doesn't make a good impression, if the player is "forced" to start a complete new game to be able to play the improved content.

They will definetly not going to modify anything. In my opinion they will release some free DLCs with some mini side quests and then release big expansions like Blood and Wine for Witcher 3.
Maybe they will add some new dialogues for exsisting romance options, but not going to add aby new romance if I had to guess.

Last edited:
The only thing I think they may add back in is the 6 months montage in the intro and maybe change up some perks/skills

Myajha

Forum regular
They will definetly not going to modify anything. They will release some free DLCs with some mini side quests and then release big expansions like Blood and Wine for Witcher 3.
Maybe they will add some new dialogues for exsisting romance options, but not going to add aby new romance if I had to guess.

This right here. Management is digging in their heels probably refusing to give us back the game we were promised, because its "their game" to do with as they want. It's not a unique problem with CDPR, it's just human nature, and lets be honest, CDPR management has proven themselves to be arrogant and uncaring about their fans and customers to extreme.

So we won't be getting any modifications to existing content because... CDPR management.

Even if they DID for some reason, we'd get a Mass Effect 3 style patch of the ending, and that's about it. The DLCs will give us a few costume pieces. The expansions will be expansions, which means new material, and not "fixes" to their already existing story.

Last edited:
They will definetly not going to modify anything. They will release some free DLCs with some mini side quests and then release big expansions like Blood and Wine for Witcher 3.
sooo whats the source for this ?

Myajha

Forum regular
sooo whats the source for this ?

So it's an opinion, but here's why I think it's accurate. Mainly after all the feedback and negativity that CDPR has gotten from fans, review publications, and major news outlets if they had a plan to rewrite the game, they'd already be touting it in Night City Wires.

Instead they did the exact opposite and the fake dev article that said that the plan was to add back in content, CDPR goes out of it's way to actually comment on it and say it's not true.

So while it's an opinion, it's based on a) human nature b) the fact that CDPR is in toxic radio silence mode, and c) the only comment they've given us since December 14th is to shut down a fake news article that said specifically this was the plan, but saying it's all a lie.

I think the six months montage is like literaly one additional adventure.
No it wouldn't be. If it was done correctly. Jackie has to be around for a while. In order to be proprley expanded on. For people to really care about him, when he dies. Second, they'd have many missions introducing us to the ignored characters. Like Wakako, Regina, Vik, and Misty. Padre wouldn't just pop up in the Nomad and Corpo LP's.

No it wouldn't be. If it was done correctly. Jackie has to be around for a while. In order to be proprley expanded on. For people to really care about him, when he dies. Second, they'd have many missions introducing us to the ignored characters. Like Wakako, Regina, Vik, and Misty. Padre wouldn't just pop up in the Nomad and Corpo LP's.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case from the fact the mission sequence as we meet Misty, Victor, and other characters in one mission.

There's also not that much story.

"You do some minor missions to get the attention of Wakako to rescue Dorsett."

No they won't. The reason I think that is because in every official statement so far they only ever addressed "bugs and performance".

I'm pretty sure that's not the case from the fact the mission sequence as we meet Misty, Victor, and other characters in one mission.

There's also not that much story.

"You do some minor missions to get the attention of Wakako to rescue Dorsett."

Thats because those quests were implemented due the fact that CDPR is throwing you midway into a story.
If they wanted to make the 6 month montage something that actually have depth that leads up to the big heist they totally can.

And lets not pretend Act 1 is complete either. That whole story thread regarding cutting out Dex and siding with Evelyn led absolutely nowhere.

Thats because those quests were implemented due the fact that CDPR is throwing you midway into a story.
If they wanted to make the 6 month montage something that actually have depth that leads up to the big heist they totally can.

And lets not pretend Act 1 is complete either. That whole story thread regarding cutting out Dex and siding with Evelyn led absolutely nowhere.

I thought that was not a dropped plot point but a red herring.

I only want to point out that splash screens don't appear in the middle of a game.
They appear after the prologuenand not after act 1.

Most of the initial content released would already be well underway and is likely related to stuff that we see scraps off in the game.

It's not necessarily 'cut content' but rather the work is already built in for work on later - e.g Water related things. (Please note : I'm not talking about 'cut content' that was shown and now not in the game, that has been discussed ad nauseum)

So depending on what happens, the first lot of content we see (let's say arbitrarily the first 3 - 9 months) is likely already planned, has work done on it, and will be rolled out and more than likely not related to things people are asking for. After that who knows what we'll see, that's the content they'll more than likely be looking at what feedback has been provided and what people are looking for.

Top Bottom