(SPOILERS...) The Heist; a run known to fail before it even started?

+
So, chummers.

(I hope this hasn't been discussed before, I searched for this topic but didn't find anything.)

Playing though the game for the fourth time I just was about to get out of the car in front of Konpeki Plaza, when I noticed, that the Delamain monitor says "Destination: No-Tell Motel, Watson, Kabuki", and I was like 'wait-a-damn-minute...'! Our meeting point was supposed to be the Afterlife, for duck's sake; No-Tell Motel should be our Plan B, in case that anything goes tits up.
So Delamain should have been booked for an "Afterlife - Konpeki Plaza - Afterlife"-tour, with N-T M only being a back-up/emergency plan, and therefore Destination should have said "The Afterlife, Watson, Little China".

Now I can't stop thinking about the possibility, that Dex
1) knew for sure that this run would fail, before it had even started, because he had manipulated it (and maybe was the one who killed T-Bug himself? And maybe was the one who sold Evelyn Parker to the Voodoo Boys? Or T-Bug and her?), maybe knew about the surprise guest,
2) had just very low expectations in us, or
3) had planned to off us at the Motel after the run anyway, even if we were successful.

Any ideas / opinions?

What do you think?
DelDesti.jpg

Icinix

Forum veteran
While reading this - you need to listen to the best piece of conspiracy theory music ever made;

Ok. All set? Allright - go!

T-Bug is alive, Evelyn is an engram of sorts (Thanks Willow now that's where my head is at), Alt planned everything from beyond the black wall, there is no spoon.

I noticed that on my first play through actually. Now I knew what would happen (or at least what I thought was one of possibly multiple outcomes) thanks to the spoiler they showed us when they announced Keanu (grrr don't spoil things like that!) so it didn't ruin anything for me, but I think it's a pretty bad oops to make since Dex says you're only going to meet there if things go belly up.

T-Bug is alive, Evelyn is an engram of sorts (Thanks Willow now that's where my head is at), Alt planned everything from beyond the black wall, there is no spoon.
You forgot that the cake is a lie.

I noticed that on my first play through actually. Now I knew what would happen (or at least what I thought was one of possibly multiple outcomes) thanks to the spoiler they showed us when they announced Keanu (grrr don't spoil things like that!) so it didn't ruin anything for me, but I think it's a pretty bad oops to make since Dex says you're only going to meet there if things go belly up.

You forgot that the cake is a lie.

That's what people who ate the cake want you to believe.

....I'm making a joke here.

T-Bug wanted a Cretan villa, so you're off by about 150km or so.

Jackie would never leave Misty behind. And Misty already said she can't live in anything but a city, so...
Post automatically merged:

Just an oversight, one of many in the game.

Given how many times Plan B is used and mentioned in this game, it would have been easier for the designers to have just put up a static menu in the limo that said, Please select Plan A or B.

Delamain could have picked No-Tell Motel for any number of reasons. The first and most important would be a reaction to the car being lit up with gunfire. Or if DeShawn sent a message to change the destination, given that he was the one paying for it. Or if Rogue, with her considerable knowledge of Night City's goings-on, made certain your car wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Afterlife. Or because treachery was always the plan, no matter how successful we were.

It's an interesting mystery, but nothing that would be terribly important in a dramatic sense. There is a certain amount of railroading to put you into the NTM at all, but I accept that as a simple mechanism to move the plot along.

Delamain could have picked No-Tell Motel for any number of reasons. The first and most important would be a reaction to the car being lit up with gunfire. Or if DeShawn sent a message to change the destination, given that he was the one paying for it. Or if Rogue, with her considerable knowledge of Night City's goings-on, made certain your car wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Afterlife. Or because treachery was always the plan, no matter how successful we were.

It's an interesting mystery, but nothing that would be terribly important in a dramatic sense. There is a certain amount of railroading to put you into the NTM at all, but I accept that as a simple mechanism to move the plot along.
This looks like right after arriving at Konpeki Plaza so no damage, or reason to say No- Tell motel.

It shows this destination from the moment they take off from the Afterlife (where Dex had told them only moments before that they'd meet there after their run being successful; No-Tell Motel was supposed to be the emergency plan b in case the run went tits up).

When V shouted at Delamain to take them to a ripperdoc instead of the motel (where Jackie's life might have been saved) the AI said something along the line of "Apologies, but that won't be possible. Our itinerary has been pre-arranged and paid in advance. I am not at liberty to alter it."
Sure, it may be nothing. I've found lots of quests and places with great details, I can't imagine they did this by mistake.

While reading this - you need to listen to the best piece of conspiracy theory music ever made;

Ok. All set? Allright - go!

T-Bug is actually dead, though. According to the netrunner vendor where you get that first ping. There's a dialogue option after the Heist where you can ask about T-Bug.

T-Bug is actually dead, though. According to the netrunner vendor where you get that first ping. There's a dialogue option after the Heist where you can ask about T-Bug.

I know that's what they say....

...but, we there is no way to verify and confirm - so dammit - if I have to imagine - then I'm imagining!

I know that's what they say....

...but, we there is no way to verify and confirm - so dammit - if I have to imagine - then I'm imagining!
That would actually be a reasonably cool plot twist, T-Bug having seen where things were going and faked her own death, then coming back to cause digital mayhem. Not entirely beyond the realm of possibility either.

But I'd still want to kick her ass for that piss poor bit of planning she did together with Dex. Unless it was on purpose, in which case I really want to kick her ass.

Top Bottom