it feels like you pretty much make no difference in this game [Spoilers]

+
I don't care this corpo wars, for the reasons i stated. Capitalism itself is bad by nature, fight corpos is meaningless. Morever, i don't believe in power and significance of one man, even on the top. Not any Arasaka rules the corps alone, he hasn't absolute power, he is main stakeholder and chairman of the board of directors, he mainly does what the board and stakeholders want from him. So i see not big difference between Hanako or Yorinobu in chair.
Moreover, if such a giant corpos like Militech and Arasaka are going to war, this is a serious decision of many rich and powerful men, not the result of personality of some single person. Single persons very rarely defines global processes, usually they follow them.

But, i must admit, V can make a difference, by helping his friends. And that was, perhaps, the only good thing in the game - NPCs and side stories.

But that is the whole premise for this game.... So you just didnt understood the story.. thats all

What an incredibly cynical take. You, me, everyone is going to die eventually. Some sooner, some later. How you lived your life up to that point still matters and its the same in V's story. Who V chooses to keep close, who they choose to keep away and the reasons why (your personal reasons) still means something.
And in the end you have liberty to decide, who will be near V when he slowly fades away. Who will be devastated by seeing his friend slowly dying, being unable to change anything about it. Such a great and meaningfull final!)
Post automatically merged:

But that is the whole premise for this game.... So you just didnt understood the story.. thats all
I prefer Mike Pondsmith's vision, which CDPR completely twisted. No, i understood this story allright, and say this is not original Cyberpunk, but rather half-baked lazy writing with a pretence to a great deep meaning.

And in the end you have liberty to decide, who will be near V when he slowly fades away. Who will be devastated by seeing his friend slowly dying, being unable to change anything about it. Such a great and meaningfull final!)

you have other options... you can go with Alt, or in Arasaka ending, agree to be engram... you actually choose who will die based on who you ask for help.. so again, player choice.. and you also have option to not ask anybody and do it solo style (Johnny secret enging)... tons of choices..

And btw, people will get devastated no matter what... you dont romance Panam? she ends up miserable in NC, looking for gigs to pay the rent... for example..... try taking money from Maiko, and Judy will leave and will hate you...

you have other options... you can go with Alt, or in Arasaka ending, agree to be engram... you actually choose who will die based on who you ask for help.. so again, player choice.. and you also have option to not ask anybody and do it solo style (Johnny secret enging)... tons of choices..
And in the end V either die in six months, either became an engram, and Johhny doesn't even get the decency and balls to at least tell V's friends that he is dead, upsetting them even more.
Solo endings is pure power fantasy, resulting only in saving Rogue, and then V still dies in 6 months.

You really wanted the game about single hero fighting the corps and changing the world?)

And in the end V either die in six months, either became an engram, and Johhny doesn't even get the decency and balls to at least tell V's friends that he is dead, upsetting them even more.
Solo endings is pure power fantasy, resulting only in saving Rogue, and then V still dies in 6 months.

You really wanted the game about single hero fighting the corps and changing the world?)

Game literally starts that you will live for few weeks.... so having another 6 months.... its not the end of the world..... believe me... any day extra counts.... you live fully when you know your end is inevitable

Single hero cant change the world on itself.. but can make an impact that will result in such change... there are plenty of examples in human history how single person influenced world change....

And btw, people will get devastated no matter what... you dont romance Panam? she ends up miserable in NC, looking for gigs to pay the rent... for example..... try taking money from Maiko, and Judy will leave and will hate you...
Nah, you're wrong, you can help Panam without romancing her. And as i said, small personal stories is the only good thing in this pre-alpha version of a game. And NPC will not be devastated no matter what, you are mistaken.

Game literally starts that you will live for few weeks.... so having another 6 months.... its not the end of the world..... believe me... any day extra counts.... you live fully when you know your end is inevitable
Nah, this is not the survival V strives for the entire game. V is not Arthur Morgan, he didn't progressed in the guy "I'm dead already, so i'll help as many people i can".

Nah, you're wrong, you can help Panam without romancing her. And as i said, small personal stories is the only good thing in this pre-alpha version of a game. And NPC will not be devastated no matter what, you are mistaken.

Nah, this is not the survival V strives for the entire game. V is not Arthur Morgan, he didn't progressed in the guy "I'm dead already, so i'll help as many people i can".

It looks to me like you fast-forwarded through dialogues or something...

I love the scale of choice in the game. I love the questions it asks, I love the darkness that permeates every aspect, I love the fact there are so many objectives and ways of completing things that are hidden from the yellow objective markers (seriously, there is a staggering amount of content hidden in the game if you don't just do what the checklist tells you to do - those "I completed the game 100% in 60 hours" did nothing of the sort).

..what I do have issue with - is how little they seem to be represented in the world. Night City, for all the fantastic exploration and choice there actually is, is for the most part immutable.

There are smaller moments, where you clear gangs from areas and people come back and populate, there are occasional people who may or may not show up at the fixers location etc.

...but it feels small scale cosmetic. People still react to you the same way at the end as they did at the start, doors simply close and stay closed.

I guess I just want to see more trees from the seeds we sowed. I think this comes about from issues with the main story and the time frame and frenetic pacing required. This game could really, really benefit from a time skip that changes the world in some more dynamic ways.

Last edited:
Keep personal skirmishes out of public threads, please. And real-world politics have absolutely no place here.
Posts deleted.

(Added spoiler warning in thread title.)

What an incredibly cynical take. You, me, everyone is going to die eventually. Some sooner, some later. How you lived your life up to that point still matters and its the same in V's story. Who V chooses to keep close, who they choose to keep away and the reasons why (your personal reasons) still means something.
Not to mention 6 months problem clearly goes against logic and stated world lore.

And we don't mind the endings where V dies, no problem, you can have them, if you like. We only asking for the endings where V lives, so we all can get what we want. And sorry, we will never accept your mix of christian humility and samuraj fatalism, this is not universally true philosophy.

Last edited:
and i love that, not sure it was on purpose but most games you are the centre of the universe and the entire universe is your playground while in this you are just fighting to stay alive, doesnt matter who you kill not much changes, nightcity swallows you up and its a great feeling because it makes the storyline feel more personal

I actually both love and hate this because the only real quest you make any sort of positive contribution to Night City is River's quest.

That and saving the Aldecados.

Judy's plan is a disaster from beginning to end.

And we don't mind the endings where V dies, no problem, you can have them, if you like. We only asking for the endings where V lives, so we all can get what we want. And sorry, we will never accept your mix of christian humility and samuraj fatalism, this is not universally true philosophy.

I feel like I've said my peace on the fact V lives in most endings a lot but clealry this was not clear to everyone.

But I'd rather talk about the relationship of V to Night City rather than this.

CAN they make a positive change?

and i love that, not sure it was on purpose but most games you are the centre of the universe and the entire universe is your playground while in this you are just fighting to stay alive, doesnt matter who you kill not much changes, nightcity swallows you up and its a great feeling because it makes the storyline feel more personal
I don't think this is how it should be. Making an impact on the environment of the game has to be something you should be able to choose or not.

You may or may not make an impact on the game. But that should be entirely up to you. This is not a real life game. It's a fantasy game, and everything around you should react to what you do.

More specifically, no matter what ending you choose.
You will die and that is not an option. Lots of players are disappointed because they don't get to see the world of Cyberpunk after the ending.
It was an awful design decision.

V had a goal at the beginning: being a hot shot in NC. Then came a bullet and Johnny Silverhand took the story in his hand and the relict Vs life. He/she lost his/her autonomy. And nothing will bring it back. Death is over your head or Silverhand in your body or Alt swallows you up or you must have hope in Arasaka.
Nice outlook.
I played RDR2 one time to the end and the next time I didn't go further then act 2 or 3, I think.

I'll remember V as a poor dog, that didn't reached his/her goal and was rolled over by decision and targets others made/had.
So maybe the storytellers thought, that will be profond². But losing autonomy is sh++t in Real Life and in a game, also.
This is why I'm not thrilled, replaying the game. Even if you play an ending, you get not rid of the coughing and dizziness = poor dog. Who wants to feel pity for the playercharacter?

We only asking for the endings where V lives, so we all can get what we want.
Sorry, but the day when consumers (no matter if we are talking about movies, tv shows, books or games) will have impact on how the story goes or ends, will be also the end of writers independnece and creativity.

Acutally, it happened in the world of tv series several times and when writers decided to go the path that fans wanted, this was usually the place where shows quality started to going down.

You of course have every right to don't like the story/ending, but you *cannot* expect that writer of the story will end it how *you* want, that's just ridicolous.

I actually like the endings because I think they suit very well for Night City - but that's just me.
I don't like happy endings in general, so maybe that's the reason.

you *cannot* expect that writer of the story will end it how *you* want, that's just ridicolous.
You clearly have no idea how modern internet literature writing looks). It's too late — it already turned into the tv shows, with subscriptions and writers directly asking their readers/buyers about what they want to see in the next chapter).
As for the CP77, good for you, we have nothing more to discuss.

Sorry, but the day when consumers (no matter if we are talking about movies, tv shows, books or games) will have impact on how the story goes or ends, will be also the end of writers independnece and creativity.

Acutally, it happened in the world of tv series several times and when writers decided to go the path that fans wanted, this was usually the place where shows quality started to going down.

You of course have every right to don't like the story/ending, but you *cannot* expect that writer of the story will end it how *you* want, that's just ridicolous.

I actually like the endings because I think they suit very well for Night City - but that's just me.
I don't like happy endings in general, so maybe that's the reason.
So. Bottom line: you don't like neutral endings (the story can by definition not end happy even with V living), so nobody else can have them.

Shows Tha status of society.

You clearly have no idea how modern internet literature writing looks
So it is okay to you?
Is something is bad, than it is bad, no matter it is already happening or not.

So. Bottom line: you don't like neutral endings (the story can by definition not end happy even with V living), so nobody else can have them.
It means that if a writer of a story wants to end a game/book/movie in a specific way, he/she has every right to do that, even if this is something that majority *do not* want.

I didn't like plots or endings in many other games but I've never expected from the creator to do the story my way.
Shows Tha status of society.
Just stop.

Top Bottom