[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
What also doesn't help is that the game steers you on the main quest every turn it gets, making you not go onto side jobs as naturally either.

Exactly, a vicious circle.

Following the main story gives you a "death + J's betrayal" Arasaka ending, which seems to punish you for not exploring the open world.

Exploring the open world when you have to think about survival doesn't sound like a good idea either.

And the cherry on the cake is that you still have to go through the main storyline even if you decide to choose a non-Arasaka ending. I thought I was set up to go and capture Mikoshi after the VooDoo Boys -- nah, Johnny said we can do that right after we left Clouds looking for Evelyn.

We've got partial RPG, we can make our character, our own decisions to whom we want help, how we want to finish the game, but we have to do that one specific quest, then we are given some choices. Maybe their partially matching our ways, maybe not at all

@sacred_darling : yup .. and the comes to payment: Get fucked. As if we weren't already multiple times.

I know we made a list like 10 pages back with what endings we liked.
I'd like to make a new addition:
Started from Nomad ending, but all other ending can have a small pre-part to acquire it first (if not the case).
Double back with the Basilisk toward Night City and suicide storm everything that you can. Destroy as much as possible in 'Corpo Plaza' before the Basilisk eventually get destroyed and you along with it.
At least I can have satisfaction of annihilating a largenpart of the city :LOL:

Think about it... If you trade her a car you have that isnt cut out for Nomad life, she'd end up dead or raided. How cool could it be if you were to find out about this by discovering you old car burnt out and her body (possibly with a shard or something that sheds a bit of light on what transpired)

I'm losing count of all these types of moments that could've been so cool. And there just nothing even remotely like it.

RDR2 Charlotte the widow vibe? ;) Gosh, that game had so many real mini-stories in it.

I now feel that negotiating with Woodman at the Clouds alone or talking to the punks at Finger's has more variety than the final choice in the game.

(Not that I let Woodman live this time...)
photomode_10012021_004725.png

RDR2 Charlotte the widow vibe? ;) Gosh, that game had so many real mini-stories in it.

I now feel that negotiating with Woodman at the Clouds alone or talking to the punks at Finger's has more variety than the final choice in the game.

(Not that I let Woodman live this time...)
View attachment 11136479
I never even played RDR2.
Ha woodman. In my headcannon he was fucked similar to V. He was never gonna live past my visit, nor did Maiko, haha

Last edited:
Well I only played with Male V, I can't really enjoy playing with a female character, I didn't play the whole game again just to see what it's like with Judy, but I saw it on youtube.

And I wonder if V was like Geralt, man and straight and had 4 options of romance, and River and Kerry were beautiful women with a different story a little bit.

47cb6980389cd31f6481729500a1e0a3.jpg

Maybe a Max-tac Female? lol

ccead45dc29d6e2a44f0a584f0063c8d.jpg

Female Kerry lol

It would be difficult to compete with Panam, but it would be interesting.
Maybe you would have liked River and Kerry female better and couldn't leave for Arizona with one of the 2 because they have reasons to stay in NC.

And I wonder if V was like Geralt, man and straight and had 4 options of romance, and River and Kerry were beautiful women with a different story a little bit.

Would 100% hate that tbh

So in some way we get RPG, because we can interpret Vs story on our own rights. But the story is still unfinished, not conclusive in any of endings.

CP is still an RPG, I never got the point of the complaints. RPG is a loose term, Skyrim gives total freedom in character creation and motives but the MC is as deep as a puddle and there are few meaningful character interactions, Disco Elysium gives you a fixed character with a set backstory but you can shape Harry in so many ways that he can feel more your character than a blank slate.

Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Deus Ex, Fallout, the Shadowrun games, the Divinity series are all considered RPGs but they're so widely different.

Also depends on how close your V is to the LIs and other new characters. My V was closer to Jackie and Johnny than any LI so picking "family" wasn't as clear as for others. I liked that she never let anyone call her by her full name in the entire game.
My Streetkid V loves Judy and my Corpo V loves River and they both wouldn´t let anything or anyone get between them.

View attachment 11136491
Female Kerry lol

It would be difficult to compete with Panam, but it would be interesting.
Maybe you would have liked River and Kerry female better and couldn't leave for Arizona with one of the 2 because they have reasons to stay in NC.
If that was either River or Kerry I think I'd drop Panam in a heart beat.
Curiously I actually already preferred Claire over Panam. If only they were swapped character models

CP is still an RPG, I never got the point of the complaints. RPG is a loose term, Skyrim gives total freedom in character creation and motives but the MC is as deep as a puddle and there are few meaningful character interactions, Disco Elysium gives you a fixed character with a set backstory but you can shape Harry in so many ways that he can feel more your character than a blank slate.
Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Deus Ex, Fallout, the Shadowrun games, the Divinity series are all considered RPGs but they're so widely different.

I know, CP is RPG, but it lacks some meaningful interactions, choices. I'm aware of this whole "I'm dying I need to hurry", but if you can literally stand in one place and skip time countlessly without any consequence, why we are restricted to do specific missions in a specific time frame - especially Hanako's in Embers - if we are not going her way.

I know, CP is RPG, but it lacks some meaningful interactions, choices. I'm aware of this whole "I'm dying I need to hurry", but if you can literally stand in one place and skip time countlessly without any consequence, why we are restricted to do specific missions in a specific time frame - especially Hanako's in Embers - if we are not going her way.

Agree, still counts as an RPG to me though. Just lacking some significant RP options.

Then Call of Duty is also an RPG). Or even Fallout 4)

I still consider Fallout 4 as an RPG, it has enough elements to be considered one. Character creation, faction choices and whatnot. But I definitely didn't like how railroaded the dialogue options were, and being forced to start with a family and kid + that being the main point of the game.

My Streetkid V loves Judy and my Corpo V loves River and they both wouldn´t let anything or anyone get between them.

My streetkid V ships herself and survival :LOL:

I admit, I didn't read all the replies here, but I take issue with the statement that all endings are sad.

Clearly they WANTED me to think my deal with Hanako was a "bad" ending..
but I think it's absolutely fine.

I'm delighted that old dude took over his son's body. that's some justice right there, lol. and I bought myself another 6 months to live, and I went to space.. that's win win win, in my book.

seems pretty good to me. no idea why the tone of the dialog was trying to convince me it was sad.

You got Minecraft for that, not an RPG)
Post automatically merged:

I see you like sturdy, heavily-bulit women)
I care not for minecraft.
Personally I cant directly say Claire is Sturdy/heavily built. But I an less attracted by skinny yes.
But this game doesn't really feature much variety so...

I should add btw, in the end just a cosmetic preference. Doesn't help the game at its core ;)

Top Bottom