[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
And then became the dwarven king)
Post automatically merged:

Do you enjoy V being a corpo property, meaningless and cheap as stapler? Because he is. Arasaka stripped him of everything valuable and then leave him to rot, either in his declining body, either in engram prison. The very readyness of Arasaka to let V go clearly shows he isn't worth even a stapler to them anymore.
Every endings has problems, I think this is the least worst of them.
What you think is the least worst?

Every endings has problems, I think this is the least worst of them.
What you think is the least worst?
Really tough question!
Well, i guess, the (Don't) fear the reaper one then. Nobody dies helping V assault Mikoshi, then V stays in NC and raid Crystal Palace. I think in that case friends and beloved of V will be less traumatized by his inevitable death. Like, okay, he died, but he had it coming.

And then became the dwarven king)

Do you enjoy V being a corpo property, meaningless and cheap as stapler? Because he is. Arasaka stripped him of everything valuable and then leave him to rot, either in his declining body, either in engram prison. The very readyness of Arasaka to let V go clearly shows he isn't worth even a stapler to them anymore.
From story telling perspective I like Arasaka for what it is.
it could be role played like you are just some young punk from Heywood who knows only that corpo are like bigger gangs, they can be reason, bargain with,but the corpos will always use every bit of you.

That would ofc work if the game didn’t go extra mile in every ending - that it’s not about the story and V character but about being a grimdank and Johnny, so V is just a waste, that must be written off.
But also game, from some rather unknown reason, couldnt just killed him/her like that and went with semi open endings with “well there’s always a chance”.

More like we, players, sat on a backseat and watched how V obediently drives Johhny wherever he needed to complete his journey)
And that would have been totally OK, if the conclusion would have been far lore satisfying. It could have set the groundwork for a series. In introduction for V. A "passing of the torch" to the next generation so to say.

And they fucked it up. (as long as there is not post credit content, which I highly doubt will ever come)

well, for me this may be a tad personal, however... speaking as someone who had cancer before, and has the warning signs again, i'd rather not die alone if i have a choice, or worse alone and hated by everyone. does that make me selfish?

Last edited:
I hate blank slate protagonists so I'll gladly sacrifice RP elements and character creation flexibility for more personality. I like coming up with original characters in PnP, they're just really boring to me in games.
That's part of why I want CP's story to continue, lore friendly cure and pacing aside, V's death bothers me a lot more than it should because it's V. I'd have fewer issues killing off a blank slate.
I dont have much of an issue with blanc slates. I love Xenoblade X to death, maybe even more so because of that. It isnt about the character, its about the whole in that game.

From story telling perspective I like Arasaka for what it is.
it could be role played like you are just some young punk from Heywood who knows only that corpo are like bigger gangs, they can be reason, bargain with,but the corpos will always use every bit of you.

That would ofc work if the game didn’t go extra mile in every ending - that it’s not about the story and V character but about being a grimdank and Johnny, so V is just a waste, that must be written off.
But also game, from some rather unknown reason, couldnt just killed him/her like that and went with semi open endings with “well there’s always a chance”.
I will not pretend i understood everything you say here(.
Only say, that Arasaka ending is the most world lore friendly, i guess. Trust corpos, giving up your only bargain chip - prepare to be used and discarded.

That's part of why I want CP's story to continue, lore friendly cure and pacing aside, V's death bothers me a lot more than it should because it's V. I'd have fewer issues killing off a blank slate.

I don't mind a blank slate cause it's a FPS game, and you can just identify with the character. And that's why V's death bothers me.

But I wouldn't want V to find a cure. That would make the "6 month warning" (and probably the soulkiller death) a joke. Like I'm supposed to feel sorry for V, trying to compare all the bitter endings (not even close to bittersweet), and then the devs go all "Happy April Fool's Day! You're gonna live!"

Also, instead of Johnny's chip killing you slowly, maybe it would make sense to just have him invade your personal space without a certain tested way to take him out. Then, to add some urgency, there would be Yorinobu, VoodooBoys and Netwatch hunting you just for the chip. Obviously, they wouldn't care if you die as they unplug it.

And then avoiding them or siding with them (with no guarantee and tricky choices, ofc) could be integrated into the 4 full quest lines I mentioned earlier (nomad, street kid, corpo and Johnny's friend).

I don't mind a blank slate cause it's a FPS game, and you can just identify with the character. And that's why V's death bothers me.

But I wouldn't want V to find a cure. That would make the "6 month warning" (and probably the soulkiller death) a joke. Like I'm supposed to feel sorry for V, trying to compare all the bitter endings (not even close to bittersweet), and then the devs go all "Happy April Fool's Day! You're gonna live!"

Also, instead of Johnny's chip killing you slowly, maybe it would make sense to just have him invade your personal space without a certain tested way to take him out. Then, to add some urgency, there would be Yorinobu, VoodooBoys and Netwatch hunting you just for the chip. Obviously, they wouldn't care if you die as they unplug it.

And then avoiding them or siding with them (with no guarantee and tricky choices, ofc) could be integrated into the 4 full quest lines I mentioned earlier (nomad, street kid, corpo and Johnny's friend).

i'm kind of iffy about those endings myself, but the rest sounds good to me.

I mean, it's very close to what the game already offers, but is still different.

"Real" Yorinobu doesn't care that he got robbed. He doesn't even know smn witnessed him killing his father. Not even barely trying to catch you.

VoodooBoys are just happy killing Evelyn. Not looking for your chip anymore. You need to contact Mr. Hands and find them.

Netwatch, who wanted to buy the chip, don't care either.

Why?

And did Dex have to kill you? Maybe he could be the "street kid" way of solving your problem, or passing it to Rogue who would be interested in saving both Johnny's consciousness and yours... They're literally chilling at the same club, one table away from one another. A million possibilities, really.

And, sorry for getting all RDR2 here, just like Blackwater was a red zone early in the game, some areas in NC (like the Arasaka tower district) could be "red" for you depending on the choices you make. With a much better "Wanted" system of course.

You mess with the VoodooBoys -- have "fun" in Pacifica, forever.

Last edited:
well, for me this may be a tad personal, however... speaking as someone who had cancer before, and has the warning signs again, i'd rather not die alone if i have a choice, or worse alone and hated by everyone. does that make me selfish?
I haven't such an experience, but my close ones had. And in that situation i would probably go Crystal palace, to die briefly, and as a warrior and hope for Valhalla(

I dont have much of an issue with blanc slates. I love Xenoblade X to death, maybe even more so because of that. It isnt about the character, its about the whole in that game.
Actually that game is wonderful. Mira is beautiful world plus Mechs and freedom of builds. Killing tyrants without mechs just with sword......Definitelly one of my favorite jRPGs.

Last edited:

Yeah. A bit more "tactfulness" would have been great.

Btw this is the same with Johnny suddenly inheriting a female body. This would open a can of worms I tell you.

I feel like if there are DLC, it would just be a side thing like there's a guy you talk to and it would bring you to separate map, and you do quests there then finish the DLC and transport you back to the current main game progress. Not sure if they would continue the game from the ending.

Top Bottom