Votes: 6 5.0%
  • New Dawn Fades

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • (Don´t) Fear the Reaper

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Path of Least Resistance

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
That assumes that the endings to the main game are all she wrote, and there is no further story content involving V that is set after those endings.

It's quite likely however that the DLC will alter those endings. Consider that Geralt settling down in Corvo Bianco with either Yennefer or Triss is from Blood and Wine, not the main game of the Witcher 3.

While I doubt Cyberpunk's story DLC will wrap up with anything quite as upbeat as Blood & Wine's ending, V's terminal illness may end up proving somewhat less terminal than advertised. That hope for a cure was dangled in two of the endings for Cyberpunk may hint that it is going to be the focus of DLC, in either case.
Okay, they will release story DLC with proper V's story conclusion. Paid one, like Blood&Wine. You will buy it, thus cementing CDPR's fall to the dark side, to EA business model.

Being desperate and being selfish are not mutually exclusive.
I know. That's why it's so hard to cope with the situation.

Let me just say this. If I personally have to bite the bullet some day, my loved ones will knkw way and understand it.

Last resort off course and hopefully just a mind game.

Okay, they will release story DLC with proper V's story conclusion. Paid one, like Blood&Wine. You will buy it, thus cementing CDPR's fall to the dark side, to EA business model.

Nothing new there and DLC has been a thing for a couple decades now. Just about every RPG that is successful has DLC that continues the protagonist's story after the main game.

That said not all DLC should be judged equally. One that provides new content that wasn't cut from the main game simply to sell as DLC, and that is more substantial than just overpriced cosmetic items, is in a totally different category than microtransactions like loot boxes or skins.

After Mikoshi all of them are wanted men, hunted by Arasaka, Militech and many minor enemies, they run from NC for their lives

I meant it from a narrative point of view (tone of the endings), not ingame danger the characters face. Lots of people seem to interpret them as:
- Nomad ending -> V chooses friends and family
- Legend ending -> V is a douchebag that only cares about money and glory
- Arasaka ending -> V is a coward and sellout

That's very reductive, V's motivations can be more complex than that and they can have stronger ties to NC than outside of it without blindly following the dream to be a legend. Just wishing to keep resisting corps and uncover their secrets instead of running away could be one. A lot of the focus is on the LIs, but what if you don't romance anyone? Act 2 happens over the course of just a couple of weeks. What about V's personal goals?

Last edited:
Of course Secret ending is good because none of your friends die. But at the same time you remain at the top of NC alone. Victor and Misty are good people who want V to be happy. But in fact V loses the chance to be with somebody who can be with him in hard times here and now. River has his own family who needs his help and protection and River can’t shift it to someone else.
Kerry always try to be successful and self-sufficient. His main mission was to persuade himself that he can be a singer, a talent, a human without Johnny.
While Panam and Judy have similar conditions with V. Both of them don’t have really nearest person who can distinguish their feelings, emotions, wishes. And if they found somebody, disappointment inevitably came (just remember Nash in Panam case and Maiko in Judy case). V is the first person they can trust and love.
That’s why I want V to be with Panam/Judy in Star ending. Probably this is happiest that could happen in their lives. And they deserve chance to find cure from V’s sickness in AZ together (male V with Panam, and female V with Judy).

Just about every RPG that is successful has DLC that continues the protagonist's story after the main game.
Only CP77 wasn't successfull at all).
Proper endings should be in the standalone game. Keeping that for DLC is the same as sell the parts of the story for a full price.
But i got you, you're totaly okay with that scam.
Post automatically merged:

Just wishing to keep resisting corps and uncover their secrets instead of running away could be one.
Pointless task, if you ask me.

i hope they release lots of big pricey story dlcs and microtransactions never become a thing in cyberpunk

Of course Secret ending is good because none of your friends die. But at the same time you remain at the top of NC alone. Victor and Misty are good people who want V to be happy. But in fact V loses the chance to be with somebody who can be with him in hard times here and now. River has his own family who needs his help and protection and River can’t shift it to someone else.
Kerry always try to be successful and self-sufficient. His main mission was to persuade himself that he can be a singer, a talent, a human without Johnny.
While Panam and Judy have similar conditions with V. Both of them don’t have really nearest person who can distinguish their feelings, emotions, wishes. And if they found somebody, disappointment inevitably came (just remember Nash in Panam case and Maiko in Judy case). V is first person they can trust and love.
That’s why I want V to be with Panam/Judy in Star ending. Probably this is happiest that could happen in their lives. And they deserve chance to find cure from V’s sickness in AZ together (male V with Panam, and female V with Judy).

as i understand it V isnt looking for a cure anymore in the star ending, just enjoying the life she has left.
in the sun ending she will do anything for a small chance of survival, no matter the risk.

there is also the question if it is ok to expect judy to stay with V facing her inevitable death.
constantly reminded by the worsening condition.

Last edited:
i hope they release lots of big pricey story dlcs and microtransactions never become a thing in cyberpunk

as i understand it V isnt looking for a cure anymore in the star ending, just enjoying the life she has left.
in the sun ending she will do anything for a small chance of survival, no matter the risk.

there is also the question if it is ok to expect judy to stay with V facing her inevitable death.
In other words, V gave up.

Why would you come to that conclusion? In the Star ending it's clear V is still going to look for a cure, with the help of their new family.

Only CP77 wasn't successfull at all).
Proper endings should be in the standalone game. Keeping that for DLC is the same as sell the parts of the story for a full price.
But i got you, you're totaly okay with that scam.

Pointless task, if you ask me.

It was financially successful. Enough copies were sold that DLC is almost certain.

You got a complete story and an ending. DLC that provides new story content after that is a bit like a mini sequel. Unless that content was complete and cut from the main game to later sell as DLC, calling it a scam is a bad take.

The main idea of Star ending is fighting, as Johnny said V to never stop fighting. But there is no necessity to fight alone. Lonely death will take more sadness and tears to people you love and who loves you.

It was financially successful. Enough copies were sold that DLC is almost certain.

You got a complete story and an ending. DLC that provides new story content after that is a bit like a mini sequel. Unless that content was complete and cut from the main game to later sell as DLC, calling it a scam is a bad take.
What can i say? I'm glad for you and your reasonable quality standards of fictional plot and game industry ethics.

Lonely death will take more sadness and tears to people you love and who loves you.
This is debatable

But that’s exactly how Panam and Judy perceive V’s death.
Right, especially Judy, who was already tormented by Evelyn's ill fate. But okay, they can think that way, but how do we know, what will devastate them more, V's quick death far away from them, or slow fading away next to them?

Right, especially Judy, who was already tormented by Evelyn's ill fate. But okay, they can think that way, but how do we know, what will devastate them more, V's quick death far away from them, or slow fading away next to them?
If V will sit alone and do noting he/she dies. If he/she accepts Panam/Judy help he/she gets a chance to live and survive.

If V will sit alone and do noting he/she dies. If he/she accepts Panam/Judy help he/she gets a chance to live and survive.
My question still stands. I'm more concerned with girls' minds and souls, not V's survival at all costs. For me, there is price i'll never pay for a mere survival.
Moreover, V can search alone. But with his condition the wisest course is to avoid close relationships.

I personally could not go that route.
Yes, and i would roleplay disant closed sociopath, if i could. To a point of:
V:dies or missed in action
Vik, Misty etc: let's celebrate!

Top Bottom