[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I mean, can we judge Johhny so hard for having multiple women every moment of his life?..

My bi V sleeping with whoever wouldn't judge him ;)

He should be glad that Alt wouldn't wipe him right away in Mikoshi - after all, HE KILLED her.

I still can't believe he was so stupid that he just unplugged her. Maybe she was already dead?

Anyway, he died when he freed her from the net and was late for the AV in 2023... So...redeemed for me :shrug:

Now imagine if he didn't make it.
Yes, but didn't make because suddenly Vengeful Spirit emerges from the warp and her lance batteries evaporated Mark and the other astronauts. Well, the 6 months crap is more arbitrary writer despotism, that sudden arrival of a Vengeful Spirit.

My bi V sleeping with whoever wouldn't judge him ;)

I still can't believe he was so stupid that he just unplugged her. Maybe she was already dead?

Anyway, he died when he freed her from the net and was late for the AV in 2023... So...redeemed for me :shrug:
Nope, she was still alive. He killed tech, then unplugged her.

Don't mind joytoys, does this game recognizes multiple romances somehow? Jealousy and cat-fights between Morrigan and Leliana in DAO were so fun)
Post automatically merged:

He deserved even more - be locked up with his ex....and her mom)))
And those 500k people who were killed by him.

You always want to be a star - so have fun Johny with your loyal fans.

Movie Martian: Main Character supposedly dies at the start, but apparently he survives, he is left alone in Mars, dead planet where nothing grows, with 1 year worth of food. 4 years till rescue comes. He manages to figure it out how to surive for 4 years, but along the way bad things till happen. The ending is nail biting stress fest but he makes it, and everyone goes back alive. I remember watching it in the cinema, and everyone were cheering and applauding at the end. Now imagine if he didn't make it.
I’m pretty sure that there would be some people who would go that this is a good ending, coz it’s “dark” and “edgy”, and not always main hero needs to win.
Tho in this case the ending should be that there never was any rescue mission, he was forgotten and the credits go with messages left on his phone why he go on this mission.

I don’t have anything against bad/dark endings but they just don’t fit at all to the main releases for general audience. Especially not for the action adventure flicks.

It’s the same if Avengers Infinity War would be the end of MCU phase 3, with Thanos just gardening for eternity and smiling at the sunset for the job well done.

I’m pretty sure that there would be some people who would go that this is a good ending, coz it’s “dark” and “edgy”, and not always main hero needs to win.
Tho in this case the ending should be that there never was any rescue mission, he was forgotten and the credits go with messages left on his phone why he go on this mission.

I don’t have anything against bad/dark endings but they just don’t fit at all to the main releases for general audience. Especially not for the action adventure flicks.

It’s the same if Avengers Infinity War would be the end of MCU phase 3.
But Martian is not action adventure, it's more like documentary/drama.

Movie Martian: Main Character supposedly dies at the start, but apparently he survives, he is left alone in Mars, dead planet where nothing grows, with 1 year worth of food. 4 years till rescue comes. He manages to figure it out how to surive for 4 years, but along the way bad things till happen. The ending is nail biting stress fest but he makes it, and everyone goes back alive. I remember watching it in the cinema, and everyone were cheering and applauding at the end. Now imagine if he didn't make it.
I'm gonna check this movie, never seen it but looks like a good entertain.
To add to the subject - I found a fanfic story called "A Beautiful Thing" which is a continuation of Nomad ending with Judy and female V. If you are struggling to get over that V is going to die (so far) I highly recommend to read this story (9 chapters and still updating). Helped me a lot.

What i said basically proves the point of those supposedly lovers in the game. They are there to blind people that is all.

Armageddon, Titanic, Scarface, Crank, Bravheart, Gladiator, Shining, The Godfather, Sweeny Todd, Butterfly Effect, 300, Philadelphia, V for Vendetta, I am Legend, the Matrix, Romeo + Juliet, The Prestige, Terminator 2, Man on Fire, Reservoir Dogs ... - yeah dying main characters are just "edgy" and "dark" and totally not up for big action markets or something... :shrug:

Nah. People barking at the wrong tree here.
The problem is the game isn't consistently going in tone. It's neither here or there exactly. A lot of the "come to terms with dying" from people is simply not mirrored in what you can choose to do. So it feels mostly like a story whereas you can reach survival, and when you feel you've reached it (ignoring Soulkiller, and rightfully so) the writers went "Yeah but you die...".

Armageddon, Titanic, Scarface, Crank, Bravheart, Gladiator, Shining, The Godfather, Sweeny Todd, Butterfly Effect, 300, Philadelphia, V for Vendetta, I am Legend, the Matrix, Romeo + Juliet, The Prestige, Terminator 2, Man on Fire, Reservoir Dogs ... - yeah dying main characters are just "edgy" and "dark" and totally not up for big action markets or something... :shrug:

The problem is the game isn't consistently going in tone. It's neither here or there exactly. A lot of the "come to terms with dying" from people is simply not mirrored in what you can choose to do. So it feels mostly like a story whereas you can reach survival, and when you feel you've reached it (ignoring Soulkiller, and rightfully so) the writers went "Yeah but you die...".
That's exactly the problem. Vs death has no meaning and does not work for the story that is all about savi g V's damn life.

The first problem is - that this is an open world game. People buying this kind of game have specific expectations, made by previous open world game. Foremost is the one that MQ is simply unintrusive. It’s just there, some people want to make it main point of the game - ok they can, but some want to make it a background or even forget about it all together.
Bethesda tested this with FO3 and ending was retconned rather fast. Later we just never had one like this for obvious reason that this is killing “openness” of the gamez

second - death of the MC should always serves some big purpose (like in every of the movies listed).
Here it serves no purpose and it’s done in offensive manner by introducing new crucial element to the plot DNA incompatibility.
V just dies coz “life is brutal and full of traps”.
and third it makes MC to looks like sore loser. Since survival was the goal and s/he tried so many things and failed = loser by default. Not many people like this premise.

That's exactly the problem. Vs death has no meaning and does not work for the story that is all about savi g V's damn life.

And i agree heartily that it doesn't work for how the story is done.
But going all "it's only dark and edgy to like a dying protagonist" - that's off mark.
Post automatically merged:

The first problem is - that this is an open world game. People buying this kind of game have specific expectations, made by previous open world game. Foremost is the one that MQ is simply unintrusive. It’s just there, some people want to make it main point of the game - ok they can, but some want to make it a background or even forget about it all together.
Bethesda tested this with FO3 and ending was retconned rather fast. Later we just never had one like this for obvious reason that this is killing “openness” of the gamez

second - death of the MC should always serves some big purpose (like in every of the movies listed).
Here it serves no purpose and it’s done in offensive manner by introducing new crucial element to the plot DNA incompatibility.
and third it makes MC to looks like sore loser. Since survival was the goal and s/he tried so many things and failed = loser by default. Not many people like this premise.

First isn't adressing my point. But sure...
Second - Again, the full message could still be "Death is inevitable, do the best with your time".
Third - You don't like the premise. Deal with it. But stop taking a shit on other people, just because you dislike it. Hell i even agree that i think most people like happy endings more, but you're acting as if people who like other stories are emotional teenager or some such...
I mean Plenty of people loved Philadelphia. Plenty of People liked plenty of movies in which the main characters (Butterfly Effect) failed in what they wanted to achieve.

Last edited:

It's an open world game?
Has anyone told CDPR? Just in case they don't know?

Geralt-Witcher-Cyberpunk-V.jpg

Badass character with a harem/ Biggest loser in history.

Last edited:
It's an open world game?
Has anyone told CDPR? Just in case they don't know?
This is one of the most barren open world I have played if it's an open world. You can't do much random stuffs, most of the time, you're just driving from point A to point B. People don't talk to you, you can't screw around with teleporting cops, the NPCs aren't reactive. The world feels pretty lifeless since you can't really do too much. At least let me order and eat some of that noodles. XD I don't know, this is just different from the standard open world games I play.

Top Bottom