"We Want Your Feedback".

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First;
I saw the name Pawel and I though it was the same guy , sorry my mistake.

Second;
The country where I live is usd rates are 8 times higher than our currency, so I spent a fortune to get this game, a hard earned fortune. And I did that because I believed their false promises, their false interviews like this and their false trailers.

That was my bad though believing their false promises. I admit that.

The only negativity here is that the lies they told us, their false interviews that they gave us like this, their inadequacies, their inexperience and their lack of knowledge.

If this interview came up 2-3 years before the release I wouldn't get mad as I am now. But they gave this interview after the game gone gold. And this piss me off.

You can be ok to get conned, but I don't, so don't ever tell me leave it be! Because you have no right to tell me leave it be! I am not here to be a fan boy and make you happy. I'm here for my voice to be heard. This not a swindled lovers club. This is also not a broken game lovers club too. This is their official forum and I am their customer and I already paid for them. I don't want my money back I want them to deliver what they promise, and this has nothing to do with you and nobody cares what you are against and what not. you so mind your on business.

If you also really pay attention to my op, there wasn't as much negativity as it should have been.

It's okay, thanks for answering though.

I can understand to some degree where you're coming from, but that's also something "we" don't know about the others. You say you're even more disappointed because the value of your currency makes the game even more of some kind of luxury purchase (sounds icky, but i hope this gets the point across), as for someone who bickers while his wallet is not really moved at all. I'm more on the middle ground and it's still money spend on a product not working for some.

To your point you speak of, I think it really depends on both sides.
I try to give an example:
When I think of RPGs then I have lots of experiences in various fields of games played that I perceive as RPGs and what it entails (Fallout series, Baldurs Gate, Pillars of Eternity, Skyrim, Text based games as SanctuaryRPG and others). Every one of them is a different kind of RPG. And while someone may disagree because they don't think this or that game is not an RPG in their opinion, others might as well agree.

Now towards the next point I want to try giving an idea about perspectives (and devs are humans too with each having their own opinions and experiences of course). (I'm just assuming for the examples):

As far as I remember after reading through the article of yours that dev was someone from the development team working on gameplay mechanics, weapons and such, right?!
-> so his stance might be looking at things with numbers, attributes, values, "bulletpsonges", different elements, different skills, perks and so on. For him the story would be an RPG even thougt the Story and gameplay itself might be linear as hell without any options to express yourself as a player

Now to Pawel Sasko, who is the lead quest designer (also the one who was in charge of Blood&Wine for W3) could look at it from a very different kind of side. For him he might think of an RPG where you have endless sprawling story-trees, dialogue options en masse, several different endings all your choices are more impactful than the other. But for him he would maybe need some skills (skillcheck, e.g. lifepaths) or something similar, but the gameplay and weapons etc could as well be linear. He would allow the player to express himself the most and would say it's still an RPG even without the other elements.

There might be other examples, but this are the ones coming to my mind. Additionally you can also project this towards every player, everyone has his own opinion and stuff he wanted and expected from the game.

Now for the end: I can agree that the trailers might be a bit misleading. But there's a lot of us (and to some degree myself included) who are just assuming things, like "cut content" or stuff that might hopefully be in the game later.
But each interview might be correct from their points of view, but might conflict to some degree with another PoV but is not a lie, but really a matter of perspective.

One example is the thing that shows you how you are clubbing with Jackie in a disco. And while such scenes are not in the game like that, you are still able to go to several clubs and dance on the dancefloor. Even though it's not really like in the trailer, it's not really a lie.

I'll stop and wish everyone a nice evening since I start losing track of my own point, sorry :D

Can't say I agree there.

There is a ton of completely one-sided overly angry posts, yes, but to say support is non-existent is wrong in my opinion.

I'm very positive about the game and CDPR in general but I am also not blind to their or the game's shortcomings. Only seeing the negative about the game and complaining about those is toxic. Refusing to acknowledge the obvious flaws the game has while telling people with valid complaints it's all in their head is just as toxic. Furthermore, neither is good feedback for the developers.

Overall I think the forum is full of valid criticism and not so valid ones but still fairly positive about the future of the game

I get a strong sense of "you're either with us or against us" from your post. I might be wrong, and correct me if I am wrong, merely how I am interpreting your post.

How do you get that sense? And who is us? I have been critical of the game as well, but I don't support people being disrespectful to the devs and the studio. Which they are being in almost all threads I open.

There's a big difference between criticism and being disrespectful. I don't support that.

Disagree all you want. There's nothing "subjective" about it. It's MY opinion. I never asked you to agree or disagree. And here, in the general forum that's acceptable regardless of "invitation" or lack thereof.

It shouldn't be in a sub-forum dedicated to garnering feedback about the game. Because when anyone can "label" a suggestion as invalid based on their own, what it there to make the sub-forum any different from the general forum?

Nothing.
:facepalm: :giveup:

How do you get that sense? And who is us? I have been critical of the game as well, but I don't support people being disrespectful to the devs and the studio. Which they are being in almost all threads I open.

There's a big difference between criticism and being disrespectful. I don't support that.

When you say things like this.

Me and a couple other people are the last remaining souls still positive about the game.

When it's pretty obvious, in my opinion, that there are far more "than you and a couple others".

Us being those you view as positive about the game and them being those you deem as being negative.

Frankly, I've seen very little disrespect for the devs. Sometimes the line between being critical and being disrespectful gets blurry and I think that's where you might be confusing the two.

Personally I've seen far more people being correctly critical than negatively trolling or positively white knighting.

Right. And that's where I failed spectacularly :ROFLMAO:

But anyway, my point is that if they're truly looking for suggestions, then lock the sub-forum here to exactly that. Because right now it's little more than a slightly more focused general forum, with a healthy dose of opinionated shitshow sprinkled amply all around.

Suggestions that get significant likes can be pulled out and focused on for a better feel of the overall community sentiment.

Again as I said before there is nothing to stop someone form disagreeing with suggestions they don't agree with in the suggestion form

" better feel of the overall community sentiment."

Remember this "community" your speaking of has over 13m ill people . What is represent on any type of soical media is the smallest of fractions of that.
Post automatically merged:

Dude..... you're seriously just forum stalking now.

How is it forum stalking when you keep replying to me and keep posting. I am allowed to disagree with your posts as you are with me.

I haven't read the previous comments so my apologies if I say something that someone previously stated. Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

My general opinion about this is tweet is very simple: no communication with the players whatsoever, no matter how much they beg developers to respond. But why, Master Kenobi, we want more information, why are you so mean? Well my dear padawans, it is rather simple; whatever the developers say about Cyberpunk 2077 in any way, shape or form can be interpreted in many ways and I'm afraid it will most certainly be interpreted in a negative way, or should I say weaponized against them. For example, Pawel said, and I quote: "I know there is always something that can be done better". This sentence is very dubious at best, mostly because one can say he was aware of the issues but still decided to release the game. Or perhaps, he doesn't think anything needs fixing, it is the players who think highly of themselves and demand unrealistic things. Or something else along these lines. The examples are numerous. I know Pawel means well and I hope most of the forum participants realize, but unfortunately this is not how the world works. I love the game and and I'm on my 3rd playthrough, but even I can say that Pawel and his pals need to put a lot of sweat in the game considering they are the ones who claimed the game will be released when it is ready. Crafting system, wanted system, itemization, appearance customization, NPC AI, these things require serious fixing and frankly I was shocked at the the state of some of the mentioned systems which is why it is very hard for me to recommend this game to anyone. And this greatly saddens me.

The feedback is already there. There is loads of it. This is what this forum is all about. It is up to developers to read what we have written. I have written this let's call it a critique of mine on this forum about the things I believe are bad and I tried to be as reasonable as I can be but also as detailed as I can be. And even now on my 3rd playthrough I am finding issues with the game which I didn't mention, be it bugs or glitches or simply bad design decisions (frankly bad design decisions are what extremely frustrates me).

All we can do now is simply wait for patch notes (apparently we are getting two big patches) and see what will be fixed in the coming weeks. I myself am not very optimistic but let's see what happens. The best thing for CDPR is to fix the problems as soon as possible because their reputation is severely damaged and this is the only way to ensure people retain the picture of the company they previously had. This must be their main long-term objective. Anything else will just cause them to sink faster to the bottom.

Frankly, I've seen very little disrespect for the devs. Sometimes the line between being critical and being disrespectful gets blurry and I think that's where you might be confusing the two.

Perhaps we have different perceptions of criticism. I find that criticism is valid when it's disconnected from emotions. There can't be a blurry line, if the line is blurry then it's an emotionally charged comment. It may still be a valid comment, someone could still complain about the broken AI and be really disrespectful at the same time. So the comment to me is no longer critical, but disrespectful.

This is why I don't really like the whole "we aren't allowed to be critical" angle. Because using this someone can defend all kinds of emotional outbursts.

My experience is that people are being very emotional and not very logical. So to me the comments that are really trying hard to nitpick and put the game and the studio down are becoming rather obvious.

I personally enjoy the game, but I expected the main story to be longer and I recognize many other problems with it. I provide this feedback without mildly insinuating other things.

My opinion still stands, that until the emotions drop, it's going to be hard for CDPR to communicate on the forums. At this point they won't need Community Managers, but real life Negotiators and Counselors to wade this swamp. :D

Last edited:
I truly believe this game still has huge potential even after its trip through the shredder.

I love playing it, even though i have hardcore backdated hardware(15 fps), I bear responsibility for that lol.

I would personally love to see the game having more depth in the main story cause surely im not the only one who feels there was hardly a build up of rep and success before the heist. It was rushed, hardly got to know Jackie well enough to call him "best friend".

but what I really wanna point out is way minor but overlooked. I honestly dont see a point in the "Cyberpunk 2077 title" screen after V eats lead.

There were multiple opportunities for a perfect "game title screen" scene at the transformation of each life path, meaning every life path has an intro section when V takes his first fall but ends up with jackie, thats where i feel the title should popup, followed by the long cutscene with V ending up moving to his apartment

Aside from what is considered bug fixes (including AI), and balancing, I would suggest:

-Actual reputation with games, and consequences for harming/siding with them. Gangs dont get along, I shouldnt be able to deal with all at once. This could open mercenary work for each, or other gigs. Perhaps even gaining/losing terf
-Interaction with the city (shops, animations when eating, drinking, activities like Pool, darts, sports, racing, fighting, that are repeateable)
-Put an actual act 1 in the game. I know it seems late now, but I would rather have it than watch a montage of what I OCULD have done
-Having the Voodoo Boys, The Medical squad, and the cyber security (I forget their names, as theyre not in the darn game) actually be in the game!
-Customization for V, and cars. Perhaps a garage, and homes. (this would likely be expansion content)

Its all been listed, but I want to feel like the city responds to me. Not just the missions that are in place. Put some RPG back into that game. PLEASE!

You mean use the forums where they get absolutely demolished daily and called all kinds of names since the release? The forums are by far the most difficult platform they have to communicate in. As soon as they say anything 90% of the user base here will jump on their throats. Other platforms are less one sided in the criticism, it's not all doom and gloom, they can find some support there. Here support for the game is non-existant. Me and a couple other people are the last remaining souls still positive about the game.

The forums have gone beyond criticism at the moment, but I also think things will calm down with more updates and they may start engaging people here more.
I do not agree.

if i look at the first page of the forum, i dont see only blind hatred as you stated.
What you are doing is, yet again, generalizing all players, who have a negative opinion about this game.
Does having a negative opinion about this game mean, that there is nothing good about the game? Of course not and no one said that there isnt good things about the game.
But when the negative aspects of the game are so much bigger than the positive aspects of the game, you cannot blame people in this forum to be more negative sided.

Is anyone attacking you personally for being positive about this game? i do not think so, yet what you are doing is exactly that.
You feel attacked by negative opinions for whatever reasons, so you start generalizing everyone here.

The only thing i get from your comment is:

"We positive players are so much better and know more about the game."
"You negative players didnt even play the game or care about the game. All you negative players do is rage for no reason."

Your definition of supporting the game is to never be negative and only positive.

I mean good for you, if you are majority positivly towards the game, but do not generalize and call 90% of the entire fanbase just because they have a different opinion.

No one is namecalling anyone. When we talk about CDPR, we talk about the company.
Not a single person of that company was personally attacked.
If we cant criticize the company, theres no hope for this game and for this industry left.

Is anyone attacking you personally for being positive about this game? i do not think so, yet what you are doing is exactly that.
You feel attacked by negative opinions for whatever reasons, so you start generalizing everyone here.

No one is attacking me, people are attacking CDPR. As far as this community goes and why CDPR aren't communicative on the forums, we will always be judged for our worst, because being respectful isn't some big achievement, it's common sense, it's something that is expected in a civilized society. Just because there are people being sensible and respectful, it doesn't mean the good somehow compensates for the bad. The bad is the bad, I saw multiple comments of people calling CDPR devs amateurs in the last couple weeks, multiple comments where they attack Keanu Reeves, blame him, all over rumors, multiple comments calling the game straight up trash in every aspect of it. Not to mention the hundreds of comments that mods delete and you never get to see.

If the community stoops so low we can't be going around saying not everyone is like that. So what if not everyone is like that? That doesn't diminish the damage these people have done and keep doing. CDPR lied in their marketing, delivered an unfinished game and it certainly put their relationship with their community in jeopardy, but that relationship is a two way street. The community is burning bridges as well, justified or not.

And when CDPR redeem Cyberpunk 2077 despite all the hate and vitriol, they might look back on that whole journey and reconsider if it was ever worth it to try to have a close relationship with their fans. That won't be on them, that will be on us.

No one is attacking me, people are attacking CDPR. As far as this community goes and why CDPR aren't communicative on the forums, we will always be judged for our worst, because being respectful isn't some big achievement, it's common sense, it's something that is expected in a civilized society. Just because there are people being sensible and respectful, it doesn't mean the good somehow compensates for the bad. The bad is the bad, I saw multiple comments of people calling CDPR devs amateurs in the last couple weeks, multiple comments where they attack Keanu Reeves, blame him, all over rumors, multiple comments calling the game straight up trash in every aspect of it. Not to mention the hundreds of comments that mods delete and you never get to see.

If the community stoops so low we can't be going around saying not everyone is like that. So what if not everyone is like that? That doesn't diminish the damage these people have done and keep doing. CDPR lied in their marketing, delivered an unfinished game and it certainly put their relationship with their community in jeopardy, but that relationship is a two way street. The community is burning bridges as well, justified or not.

And when CDPR redeem Cyberpunk 2077 despite all the hate and vitriol, they might look back on that whole journey and reconsider if it was ever worth it to try to have a close relationship with their fans. That won't be on them, that will be on us.

Before Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 - The BioWare forums were a great place to hang out. Fantastic and constant engagement with fans and devs alike. It was great. I miss those days.

After the vile threats and insults though, it killed it all. Shitty human beings ruin everything for everyone else so they can congratulate themselves as being giant killers for a grand total of 18 seconds of internet fame amongst another group of shitty people.

Before Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 - The BioWare forums were a great place to hang out. Fantastic and constant engagement with fans and devs alike. It was great. I miss those days.

After the vile threats and insults though, it killed it all. Shitty human beings ruin everything for everyone else so they can congratulate themselves as being giant killers for a grand total of 18 seconds of internet fame amongst another group of shitty people.

I remember the death of BSN, I really miss those forums, but in the end it was obvious it had become a place of hostility against BioWare. This forum honestly follows the same footsteps. I think most studios that go through this realize it's not worth it to engage with the community on a personal level.

They have a forum which is entirely dedicated to Cyberpunk 2077 and they use Twitter to get information.
Am i out of touch or is something wrong here?

Because not so much critisism on Twitter to this masterpiece than here on forum I guess.
(dunno if im joking or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom