UOKiK will monitor the progress of work on patches. If CDPR fails to deliver they will be fined up to 10% of their income in previous year.

+
i agree, but lying again when there are lawsuits against them MAINLY for lying?
even an idiot would know to stop xD

The difference is the leak will never be proven true. Even if it's really a developer. That person will never come forward and confirm their identity. It's career suicide.

Even if things go exactly as described in that leak, if no one steps forward it's not proof of anything and saying it's false will have no consequences besides angry gamers. Then again, gamers will be happy by that point because they'll have their NMS style comeback. Their denying of the leak will be long forgotten.

Let's not forget that these lawsuits, as of this moment, do not have a single plaintiff between the 5 of them. CDPR still has plenty of time to get rid of them before any of that comes to pass.

It's the worst debacle in modern gaming period.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not a fan of CDPR management right now but CDPR is a team and the whole team takes the blame even if management takes most of it. Management didn't code the game but they did hire the people that did.

i dont agree at all, you clearly dont know polish people, business is business, you can call it team or relationship if you want, management accepted final product not developer

sooo - in this case ,it means, i can go to this organisation in poland and sue ea, bethesda ,ubisoft etc for not keeping their promises? - like "this weapon was blue in trailer and now is it green"?
:D :D
Whilst I'm not sure they'd serve someone without a Polish nationality... technically yes? Albeit their decisions aren't, strictly speaking "it must look 100% like in an ad", and more of a case-by-case basis analysis.

CP was especially buggy and running poorly on consoles... And while this is obviously a problem I find it more alarming that everyone's focused on THIS aspect alone, and very few official articles / communication is about the content that's clearly been cut or left unfinished.
Post automatically merged:

i agree, but lying again when there are lawsuits against them MAINLY for lying?
even an idiot would know to stop xD
Well, while I think the marketing materials for the game were misleading, they are "technically" defensible. Does the game have player choice? Sure, there are a few choices that have an impact (if only the final one) - there, that's checked, even if absolutely unsatisfactory. Can you party in NC? Sure, there are party scenes. You can't re-trigger them at will or anything, but there ARE party scenes. Bar a few claims almost all of the marketing is defensible in this way.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they kept using half-truths or lies of omission... :shrug:

CDPR is a Polish company, UOKiK is a Polish government entity tasked with ensuring fair market practices and consumer protection.

They don't have any authority over EA, UBISOFT etc and I haven't found anything about their stance about video games related matters so far.

But let's go back on topic, thread is not about loot boxes, gambling etc.

It's a bit diferent.

Kids shouldn't have a credit card or ways to pay for loot boxes, because you know, they are kids and they do not work.

If they have access to money, or their parents money in this case, it falls to the parents to supervise this situation.

There are many many ways to lock money content on games on any platform. It falls to the parents to be more responsible.

I hope you understand that I am not defending loot boxes, but yet explaining it to you why this comparrison it's diferent in terms of legal matters.

That sounds like a great way to exploit economic inefficiencies that result from sub-perfect parenting while claiming no responsibility for the game system that exploits it for financial gain. You'd be great at EA.

CDPR was also given millions of government money for development. It only makes sense that government institutions are keeping an eye on companies that received money from them.
Seamless Multiplayer.

Well. That was not smart to begin with. This is like giving a plumber money to research how cables can be placed better.

While I hate all this is happening to what was my fav devs for the last 5 or so years, I am glad an outside agency with power will be lighting fire under there ass more than getting back on to the ps store - and I think gaming of the future will be better because of the drama around this

or shit keeps going how it is, and everyone will forget cyberpunk meh 50/50

So the deadline is March-April?
Based on the article they will just fix the console version making it satisfying and playable.

Don't expect anything else.

I am still waiting the promised game tho.

don't wait for it
once the consoles are back on psn
they are done with the game
They still got to release the buggy multiplayer they promised their investors. Also they can make lots of money by selling removed content as DLC, and we know CDPR likes their money more than anything.

lol , really?
what kind of stupidity is this?
there is no law in the whole wide world that cover this for the gaming industry
cdpr is not making cars or food
they should maybe read the terms - "content can be changing during development "
this made my day

Cyberpunk 2077 had deeper troubles than just development being iterative & advertised features having changed or been cut by release. The game was near unplayable on base consoles and should have not have been certified. Moreever CDPR knew the state the game was in for consoles and actively tried to conceal it from consumers prior to release.

Cyberpunk 2077 had deeper troubles than just development being iterative & advertised features having changed or been cut by release. The game was near unplayable on base consoles and should have not have been certified. Moreever CDPR knew the state the game was in for consoles and actively tried to conceal it from consumers prior to release.
Not only from consumers.

Also from journalists, investors, Sony and Microsoft.

Noth companies only certifies the games, because CDPR told them that the games will run after the day one Patch. Which never came to the consoles.

don't wait for it
once the consoles are back on psn
they are done with the game
I strongly doubt that. The sales figures were too good for that. Of course CDPR will try to sell us DLCs.

This "promised" game that everyone is always talking about never existed and never will exist.

It is an illusion, fed by the expectations of the players and the advertising of CDPR.

Top Bottom