Do you think CD Projekt will change existing content?

+
Technically, they could sell us post-credit content where V farts rainbows and could still state that they released a finished story.

I mean we get an achievement and some interesting video massages during the credits, the credits do actually role...

Would it be scummy beyond compare? Absolutely. Will they do it? Very likely, because it would sell like hot cake.

Thats because those quests were implemented due the fact that CDPR is throwing you midway into a story.
If they wanted to make the 6 month montage something that actually have depth that leads up to the big heist they totally can.

And lets not pretend Act 1 is complete either. That whole story thread regarding cutting out Dex and siding with Evelyn led absolutely nowhere.
Act 1 is the main and only act of the game, the game contains a prologue, act 1 which also includes the final mission and the epilogue which is just the endings.

I doubt it, but they can surprise US and by doing this they will surely gain back a lot of approval

i truly hope so;
but i kinda doubt it;
(and i'm saying this because i don't want to have any hopes, since current cdpr seems all too familiar with breaking it xD )

I've read many comments about cut content. If they really had to cut some of the content due to lack of time, do you think they will add it somehow?

No, I don't think so

They rushed what looks like an 'early build' of the game to market, and cut and dumbed down so many aspects, mainly I think to accommodate the commercial imperative to cash in on Keanu.. His involvement was a massive creative block but they valued getting the game launched based on our expectations and his celeb appeal, by hyping it up huge in pre launch videos. As it is the end results is a release of a massively flawed, disappointing mess, lies, broken promises and customer dissatisfaction. They won't be coming back from that with a 'we must fix this' heroic now, they will cash in, release DLC and hope to survive the PR mess they have created. Modding is the only route for this game now

Money and corporations rule the world. The game has been already sold. Nobody, including developers, works for free. I am sure that CDPR will try to fix all game breaking bugs but they won't change any content. From an economic point of view, it is unprofitable.
They may, and probably will, give us some free meaningless for the plot DLCs, because they are good for PR. And CDPR, after all of these, will need a good PR.

There is a very little chance that some years from now, someone will decide to create a "remake" for new consoles (PS7, Xbox XXX or whatever), with better graphics and maybe, just maybe with some of cut content. However, it will be sold as a completly new game.

Sorry for being realistic. I also wish it were otherwise... :(

Money and corporations rule the world. The game has been already sold. Nobody, including developers, works for free. I am sure that CDPR will try to fix all game breaking bugs but they won't change any content. From an economic point of view, it is unprofitable.
They may, and probably will, give us some free meaningless for the plot DLCs, because they are good for PR. And CDPR, after all of these, will need a good PR.

There is a very little chance that some years from now, someone will decide to create a "remake" for new consoles (PS7, Xbox XXX or whatever), with better graphics and maybe, just maybe with some of cut content. However, it will be sold as a completly new game.

I am inclined to agree with you.

It really depends on what their major DLCs will be.
If they are used to bolster the main content as well as new storylines who don't treat the story linearily.

Like Witcher 3's Blood and Wine happening after Main Game but rather during the main Campaign like Heart of Stone it might work.
Perhaps main game was about Arasaka but the next DLC is about Militech at which point a character like Meredith becomes relevant in a much more meaningful way.

And they can use this opportunity to flesh out Nightcity further by adding new gigs, public transport, metro, undeground, barbershops and etc... For people that skipped the game to wait for patches it would be a wholly different experience.

But regardless of all this whether they achieve all those or not I know personally I will never trust CDPR ever again.
Not their interviews, not their marketing, not their sneakpeeks. None of it.

Never apologize for your opinion.. cause sooner or later it will be taken away from us. So enjoy it while you can have it.

No. It'd be counter productive, especially when the game is still selling really well. I've never seen a developer overhaul core ideas and systems after a game's launch. At that point you might as well be making a new game.

I MAY be going a bit off topic here, but i think it is notoriously difficult to add an expansive DLC (blood and wine style) in this game due to its narrative.

The most obvious thing that people would love, which might relate to cut content, would be the first months in Night City with JAckie. Obviously they cannot do that because it would force a New game, plus all the items you are supposed to take AFTER Jackie dies.

It is very hard to add content after the epilogue, because the endings can be vastly different and would have to take one ending as cannon.

It is kinda hard to add new content during Act2, or the ACTUAL game, since the narrative has told us that we have about 2 weeks left to live, plus they would have to hire Keannu Reeves again. Not having Johnny during that timeframe really does not make sense.

Come to think of it, the game would make MUCH MUCH more sense if 90% of what we do was actually happening during the first 6 months with Jackie, (free roaming, meeting fixers , making a name, perfecting cyberware etc.), rather than after we get the chi[ in our heads and we are left with 2 weeks, but......

This right here. Management is digging in their heels probably refusing to give us back the game we were promised, because its "their game" to do with as they want. It's not a unique problem with CDPR, it's just human nature, and lets be honest, CDPR management has proven themselves to be arrogant and uncaring about their fans and customers to extreme.

So we won't be getting any modifications to existing content because... CDPR management.

Even if they DID for some reason, we'd get a Mass Effect 3 style patch of the ending, and that's about it. The DLCs will give us a few costume pieces. The expansions will be expansions, which means new material, and not "fixes" to their already existing story.

This!!!! :giveup:
Post automatically merged:

Expect nothing from CDPR, and you can’t be disappointed when they inevitably underperform or fail to deliver.

Its hard to expect nothing when you paid for it.
And you love, care, have mixed feelings and hate this game... All at once. When you simply know from all trailers /city wires how this game could look like. What content /quality it could have.

And lets not pretend Act 1 is complete either. That whole story thread regarding cutting out Dex and siding with Evelyn led absolutely nowhere.
[/QUOTE]

that definitely was a cut and bs..I picked certain choices for that thinking it would make a difference and it is just pointless..there is a few dead ends..they really need to add the shit back in and people need to stand up for this

No. It'd be counter productive, especially when the game is still selling really well. I've never seen a developer overhaul core ideas and systems after a game's launch. At that point you might as well be making a new game.

CP2077 isn't even on the top 10 list in the UK anymore, it lasted for two weeks, and the UK is one of the few countries that actually publishes weekly game sales.

I'm not sure why you would think the game is still selling well, it sold a lot of pre-orders but the sales at least in the UK have plummeted, and the UK is fairly representative of much of the world's gaming market outside of the UK at least as far as physical copies go well with the exclusion of regional sports titles ofc. And before people say well openworld single player games don't last long in the top 10 Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is still on the top 10 list and it hasn't been plastered across half the double deckers in London.

It's also the fastest ever drop I've seen in for a AAA release - Week 50 it was #1, week 51 it was #3, and it dropped off completely after that.

And no these aren't estimates it's an official tally published by UKIE (The Association for UK Interactive Entertainment) the trade association representing the video game industry in the UK.

Last edited:
I MAY be going a bit off topic here, but i think it is notoriously difficult to add an expansive DLC (blood and wine style) in this game due to its narrative.

The most obvious thing that people would love, which might relate to cut content, would be the first months in Night City with JAckie. Obviously they cannot do that because it would force a New game, plus all the items you are supposed to take AFTER Jackie dies.

It is very hard to add content after the epilogue, because the endings can be vastly different and would have to take one ending as cannon.

It is kinda hard to add new content during Act2, or the ACTUAL game, since the narrative has told us that we have about 2 weeks left to live, plus they would have to hire Keannu Reeves again. Not having Johnny during that timeframe really does not make sense.

Come to think of it, the game would make MUCH MUCH more sense if 90% of what we do was actually happening during the first 6 months with Jackie, (free roaming, meeting fixers , making a name, perfecting cyberware etc.), rather than after we get the chi[ in our heads and we are left with 2 weeks, but......

If I was them I would completely overhaul Act 1 and make the life paths longer and more indepth. Let the rest stand as it is.

When the game was being developed they had several characters like "Johnny Silverhand" you can even see them in the previews. The current campaign lets assume is the Arasaka and Johnny Silverhand storyline.
The expansions can add new characters and new mega corporations to fight or work with.
Maybe even have interaction with these new storylines allow you to meet characters like Judy differently and have her story change based on the new campaign.

Honestly when they marketed Cyberpunk thats what I thought it would be.

As much as Blood and Wine was a great expansion for Witcher 3 it would be horrendous for Cyberpunk.
We should not be going to a new land or city. We should stay in Nightcity and have that city open up more.

If I was them I would completely overhaul Act 1 and make the life paths longer and more indepth. Let the rest stand as it is.

When the game was being developed they had several characters like "Johnny Silverhand" you can even see them in the previews. The current campaign lets assume is the Arasaka and Johnny Silverhand storyline.
The expansions can add new characters and new mega corporations to fight or work with.
Maybe even have interaction with these new storylines allow you to meet characters like Judy differently and have her story change based on the new campaign.

Honestly when they marketed Cyberpunk thats what I thought it would be.

As much as Blood and Wine was a great expansion for Witcher 3 it would be horrendous for Cyberpunk.
We should not be going to a new land or city. We should stay in Nightcity and have that city open up more.

Fleshing out ACT 1 won't sell, it would be nice for a free DLC / EE but no one would or should pay for them fixing the main story of the game.

Fleshing out ACT 1 won't sell, it would be nice for a free DLC / EE but no one would or should pay for them fixing the main story of the game.

fleshing out Act 1 on its own wont.

Fleshing out Act 1 to prepare it for a multi branching main campaigns that will be delivered and expanded upon by multiple expansions that not only explore new entities in Night City that we mostly ignored on the first campaign (like militech) but also new or barely used areas of the map like the walled off resort or other Night City Districts.

Similar to Warhammer Total War 2 that with each expansion new armies, mechanics and map extensions improving the main game Cyberpunk could have a similar development cycle that in several years would produce a completely different game.

It is possible and can be profitable.

fleshing out Act 1 on its own wont.

Fleshing out Act 1 to prepare it for a multi branching main campaigns that will be delivered and expanded upon by multiple expansions that not only explore new entities in Night City that we mostly ignored on the first campaign (like militech) but also new or barely used areas of the map like the walled off resort or other Night City Districts.

Similar to Warhammer Total War 2 that with each expansion new armies, mechanics and map extensions improving the main game Cyberpunk could have a similar development cycle that in several years would produce a completely different game.

It is possible and can be profitable.

It's a nice thought it just won't happen, that amount of work would be insane, it is impossible to scope, it will break existing saves (and overall progression achievements, and yes that's an issue for people), It would require pulling an insane amount of people back to do voice overs and CDPR has voice overs in like 56 different languages which is admirable but it would mean that any content that they haven't already mostly developed and finished but just need to be implemented wouldn't see the light of day for like 2+ years.

There's a reason why Blood and Wine was essentially a standalone game, it's easy to do that, it's easy to develop as it has a defined scope it doesn't break or change the existing world and even for things like voice overs you know exactly which actors you need and you can very explicitly include as little shared actors with the main game as you want not neccarily just for variety but in order not to essentially be blocked by other commitments.

You can't fix Act 1 without fixing Johnny, there's no relationship development between V and Johnny unless you do every quest in order CDPR intended you to do, if you stray from the path things don't make sense at all. And besides all of the broken game mechanics that's probably the main thing that needs to be fixed in Act 1, and there's no chance in hell they'll drag Keanu back into the studio.

Adding content to the prologue would arguably be easier, but again it won't happen because CDPR isn't going to force people to start a new game to experience it that would be suicidal.

I can can pretty much guarantee you that any additional content that would not work as standalone content and could not be accessed at (nearly) any point in the game from the end of the prologue to the PONR would not be added to the game.
No game studio would force players to go back or start new playthroughs that's a bad design and that's a big no no for any game of this type.

This isn't a strategy game in which you essentially start a new level or a new map every time you play, so analogies like new races don't apply here.

They can add some of ACT 1 as free DLC but nothing more.. some of the people had 3 plays.. they dont want to start the again fast... they want a new story.. how V is going to save himself in the next 6 months.. yes, i would if they can fix the story but they cant... Its very linear and it will stay like that. This game must have a canon ending if they want to continue the story. Id say its 2 endings. With Panam or with Judy. I dont see other endings here and i think they will need Rogue so they wont kill her off..
Honestly it was a very poor writting... and i gotta say i didnt want to admit it. Someone really forced this whole project. It feels out of place in a lot of ways.

Top Bottom