[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope I'm not getting on your nerves but I never quite got what the difference betweenblindweedgolden oriole is ?blindweed is acid and acid-based poisons, I think bloedzoiger and echinops use that but golden oriole say poison-resistance.....so would it even work for swampmonsters like kikimore or is it against the poison-effect of e.g. wyverns and some illegal swords ?

Bloedzuigers and kikimore warriors use acid.Poison is everything else.Poison comes in form of critical effect (with icon) with damage over time.Acid is used as direct attack with immediate effect.

To what are kikimore warriors, basilisks, coc.katrices and wyverns sensitive? I guess silver but there's no hint in bestiary.

There's no hint because according to the lore these are animals and are equally sensitive to silver and steel. Still due to gameplay reasons silver is a little more effective but the difference is subtle. I didn't want to write additional info in bestiary that contradicts the lore.

Ok.I completed the werewolf quest without killing him. But Carmen don't gave the fur to Geralt. Is that still broken?

Not possible. FCR is meant to be compatible with Scabbard Mod and Ard'aenye is so big that it causes awful clipping with silver sword scabbard. Besides it's to powerful to for a player to use. It would remove the challange from the game.

well, arrived in act3 as witcher lvl21 and couldn't dare go far into the swamp at night so I did some sewer/cemetary runs against fleders/gravirs and got me stamina lvl4 with better acid protection and then cleared the swamp around the tower incl cemetaurs, gravirs, kikimore warriors and the wolf boss. i sided with the vampires in the brotherl although I went for the "neutral", "asshole" version as well and that worked pretty well. yrden on lvl3 makes life so easy :)i swapped the witcher +17 parry 5% against a +16 parry 5% armor 33% swordand got me my first run silver sword +12 5%dodgethen i did the yavin sewer quest that lead into gold rush. I read that you have to be a higher level (at least on insane) to survive it but I saved and thought, what the hell !cinfrid oil and swarog on silver, maribor forsest, blizzard, tawny, swallowwent past the first elves without attaking, I'm roleplaying :)then the fight breaks out, stupid sigfried and his cutscene nearly gets me killed...well, I run past all of them, throw an aard, wait for recharge, lay an yrden could do a finish on one and then used group style. 80% of them got fear since they were already Yrden'd and were toast in no time.way to break up a cluster !lower sewer level was easy, just layed some traps and let them come in groups instead of charging forward.now I'm off to wyvern trophy boss and then it's time for salamandra ! hangmen's venom is waiting for them.

Could you possibly explain the benefits of having a sword that has 100% armor penetration? I just went from a 3 red meteorite sword to a 3 yellow meteorite sword - I'm just a bit fuzzy on what that statistic means.Also - if you kill Jean-Pierre in Act V do we still get the Rune Sihil? Or how about when you finish the "Won't Hurt A Bit" quest? I'm just curious as to whether this has been modified or not.

The sword with 100% pen. is probably good against enemies in heavy armor while you can beat light armored enemies better with a high max dmg sword. You can equip two steel swords for both situations.

yeah, just keep the swords, you won't get much money by selling them anyway. 3red - 3yellow is quite the difference.I went from b/r/r to y/r/r and have +16 5%parry 33% armor pen and the only armored foes I encountered yet (de Vries and a few salamandra) went down with strong almost as quickly as with fast. fast has the advantage that in my case I get constant trip/knockdowns when using it so I can keep attackers at range.

theuserman said:
Could you possibly explain the benefits of having a sword that has 100% armor penetration? I just went from a 3 red meteorite sword to a 3 yellow meteorite sword - I'm just a bit fuzzy on what that statistic means.Also - if you kill Jean-Pierre in Act V do we still get the Rune Sihil? Or how about when you finish the "Won't Hurt A Bit" quest? I'm just curious as to whether this has been modified or not.
Sword that has 100% armor penetration is good against armored enemies (duh ::)). You can never have enough penetration against them. For example an enemy with full plate mail has 75% damage reduction. 100% penetration means 0.25 x 2 = 0.5 = 50% damage reduction. You'll need 300% armor penetration to completely penetrate that armor and that's not the strongest armor an enemy can have.You can get Sihill in both situations.

Well crap. How do you beat the Beast with this mod? None of your bonuses from potions or oils continue after the cutscene. You pretty much die if you try and apply oil when surrounded by dogs. Without it, you barely do any damage and the witch can't even survive as long as I do (which isn't very).

Decado2 said:
Well crap. How do you beat the Beast with this mod? None of your bonuses from potions or oils continue after the cutscene. You pretty much die if you try and apply oil when surrounded by dogs. Without it, you barely do any damage and the witch can't even survive as long as I do (which isn't very).
I had this problem. You fight The Beast at midnight. So you should apply the oils at 11 and then start the cutscene. Otherwise the game will make you wait an entire day if you started the cutscene at 2 am.

yeah, most of your potions work if you time it right. I'd sleep in the cave until ~ 21/22 pm and then use long-lasting potions, sleep another hour, take tawny, apply spectre and start the cutscene.and go for the beast first and foremost, barghests just respawn ad inifitum.....the mod is not made for first playthrough because on hard (and I assume insane as well) NOT knowing what fight and what monster in advance is suicide. I HAD to know that berengar and me get attaced by Vampires in the crypt in murky waters or I would have been dead in 1second. the only way to play TW "realistic" would be to max out QUEN and take all potions under its shield.This is what I did in the vanilla version where it worked beautifully but in FCR one second lost is usually half your health.

Is there any way of increasing the sword opacity to full?What I mean is that when you are in POV mode (ie "over the shoulder mode" but zoomed in) you can see the scabbards, but not the swords. You can even see the oils on the sword when you are swinging about - I think it would be nice if you could see the sword as well. Also, based on how you set up the sword mechanics wouldn't it make more sense if the Armored Hounded were susceptible to quick style instead of strong?

aren't they ? i used fast one them but I had fast at a higher level than strong for steel. i did it the other way around for silver. high lvl strong med lvl fast

mothra said:
raren't they ? i used fast one them but I had fast at a higher level than strong for steel. i did it the other way around for silver. high lvl strong med lvl fast
Journal entry states they are susceptible to Strong Style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom