[SPOILER] Adam Smasher. Character we have lost.

+

Who is mr. Smasher?

• Big Bad Boss, mindless killing machine

Votes: 66 74.2%
  • Complex Character, Man who has a story to tell

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
It was told like Arasaka is something bad.

Arguably if you choose the Rogue or Nomad endings V is the baddie, you unleash Alt who murders pretty much everyone on the tower's subnet (other than Adam and his team who I assume are not connected for plot convenience) and then goes to do god knows what.

Regardless of what ending you choose V is played by someone, the Arasaka one good or bad you at least don't murder a bunch of people who's only fault was not calling in sick that day and get a bunch of your friends killed for essentially no reason as you either end up as cloud storage or die within 6 months.

Overall with how the story is structured V might as well be named T for being a complete tool...

Adam Smasher is in its current state dependant on Arasaka to function and probably most hated thing.

I kind of think of him as Wilhelm from Borderlands.

Handsome Jack: What's your dream?

Wilhelm: I want to be a robot.
Post automatically merged:

Arguably if you choose the Rogue or Nomad endings V is the baddie, you unleash Alt who murders pretty much everyone on the tower's subnet (other than Adam and his team who I assume are not connected for plot convenience) and then goes to do god knows what.

Yep. Clearing the way for you to unleash all the souls in cyber-Hell. I'm confused at the people who felt this was immoral.

Pretty sure he was not a nice person before he turned borg. Was known for brutality.

In the 2000s he got blown into several bits and was made an offer by a mysterious corpo (arasaka securities) to save his life in return for corpo servitude. Hence the full borg. He went freelance for a while. As a solo he was hired by Arasaka in 2022 4th corpo war. He obviously liked the job perks to hang around for another 50 odd years.

He is meant as the antithesis of Morgan Blackhand and they have a long lasting fued. So without Morgan, his inclusion in CP2077 is just to be the big bad.....

Yep, he is. But why we shall look at him through the glasses of our time and our law?
World of this game is not our world. More precisely - Age of this game is not our age. Its a new dark age, cybermedieval.
And who is Adam Smasher? Hes a typical medieval knight. Murderous punk with ambitions. But every punk, even the dumbest one gains some wisdom with years.
And devs forget about it. Bla-bla-bla he's a Monster! Well, every single noble in Middle Ages was a bloody homicidal Monster. But some of those monsters are national heroes this days.
Devs are badly short-sighted in this case. So we are, following them.

a medieval knight is a punk worthy of death in any time period if he kills your friends, And not every person becomes a better person with years, there are many evil old people. Whether time remembers them as they were is irrelevant to whoever they were.

You are free to like him if you want, but this story isn't about high end morals, its mostly about personal stuff. The main characters hates Adam smasher because of what he did to thier friends, and the fact he is trying to kill you.

Shocked as many people see him as a mindless killing machine. He's a piece of shit but he isn't close to being a cyberpsycho. Cyberpsychos cannot be reasoned with, employed or carry out anything close to a complex thought, they're animals, completely instinct driven. Smasher is a solo in both the Cyberpunk universe and the game, just like you. He's intelligent and thinks for himself - It just so happens that Arasaka was always his fixer and kept the eddies and experimental chrome flowing.

He deserved more than 10 seconds of screen presence in the heist, the hotel assault and the final fight. He should be a persistent enemy that shows up during the story quests who retreats when wounded, and he should of been an always present threat during the final mission that Alt eventually manages to hit with a cyberattack that makes him vulnerable for the boss fight.

The reason you can
spare him seems to be for players who reject Johnny.
Depending on your ending path choice, he is pretty neutral to you, V has no real reason to want him dead unless you
went with Panam, cause Saul is family at that point. Or Johnny if you surrendered control for obvious reasons.

I think he might return in the DLC in some way, no way Arasaka wouldn't of had him backed up some way, like on an engram. Even without chrome he was Night City's top solo since at least the 2010s.

I don't believe an inch he is totally dead, the game makes you think he is totally dead. If you look closely in his stash room there's a copy of his body, what makes you think he doesn't have a backup brain or engram stashed? With his experience, there's always plan B, C, D.

a medieval knight is a punk worthy of death in any time period if he kills your friends, And not every person becomes a better person with years, there are many evil old people. Whether time remembers them as they were is irrelevant to whoever they were.

You are free to like him if you want, but this story isn't about high end morals, its mostly about personal stuff. The main characters hates Adam smasher because of what he did to thier friends, and the fact he is trying to kill you.

My friends? I cant remember if Adam did anything, just any tiny thing to cross V, to cross me. He killed a lot of people? Hello, Night City! I am a serial killer myself. Deep neck in dead.
He killed Johnny? Not my problem. Johnny Silverhand died 50 years ago. Thing in V's head isn't him. It's just a construct. Limited imitation of a real person. He killed some other poor bastards who broke in Arasaka HQ shooting people left and right? OMFG! Now i definetely must kill him 4 TEH GREAT JUSTICE!!!11
Maybe you're okay with such primitive sentence. With this oversimplified infantile concept of justice, good vs evil brawl. Other people are not. They are asking for a real story, not a fairytale.

I don't believe an inch he is totally dead, the game makes you think he is totally dead. If you look closely in his stash room there's a copy of his body, what makes you think he doesn't have a backup brain or engram stashed? With his experience, there's always plan B, C, D.

It would be crazy for Arasaka to store all the engrams they want to keep in Mikoshi. They would definitely have engrams stored away from there.

Even without chrome he was Night City's top solo since at least the 2010s.

V has no right bitch slapping the guy like he does here. Smasher should be popping his head just like Saul..... at the same time, left foot for Saul, right foot for V.

I mean he just tosses rogue aside like nothing and she is/was Night City's top hitman!

I would question why aren't these clones all attacking V in the final mission.

My friends? I cant remember if Adam did anything, just any tiny thing to cross V, to cross me. He killed a lot of people? Hello, Night City! I am a serial killer myself. Deep neck in dead.
He killed Johnny? Not my problem. Johnny Silverhand died 50 years ago. Thing in V's head isn't him. It's just a construct. Limited imitation of a real person. He killed some other poor bastards who broke in Arasaka HQ shooting people left and right? OMFG! Now i definetely must kill him 4 TEH GREAT JUSTICE!!!11
Maybe you're okay with such primitive sentence. With this oversimplified infantile concept of justice, good vs evil brawl. Other people are not. They are asking for a real story, not a fairytale.
V just wants to live, he wants the upper hand or at least a fair deal exchange, unfortunately V is worthless to Arasaka, but the Johnny Engram stuck in his head is priceless.

Throughout the game, the players are given lore on how Arasaka treat the human souls as a commodity to exploits, you as the player, in the end decide to side with Arasaka or............. be convinced by Johnny, at least by V own judgment to get what he wants, to live without Arasaka condition. And dude, that's not just simply a primitive stance of good and evil.

He was just so... boring? Like he shows up twice and that's it. His boss fight (at least in the Panam ending) just felt tagged on. Like "Oh we still have smasher let have him kill
Saul.
". That's it. The fight was okay but totally felt like an afterthought. No build up. No excitement. He just shows up all of the sudden... just a character I didn't care about that killed another character I didn't care about. :shrug:

The villains of the setting are the Arasakas and a few others that you can become aware of through side quests. Very few of them are even remotely reachable by V.

The cyberpunk world, in a traditional story sense, is one where the villains have already won. The protagonist might defeat a villain, but another will just rise to fill its place. The best the protagonist can hope for is improving their lot and achieving a personal goal.

Smasher is just a nobody that Johnny and Rogue have a beef with and he dies like a nobody as well.

It feels like a sacrilege to use the Major in anything related to Adam Smasher xD The guy is despicable in every possible way and I hope he doesn't return :think:

I would love him to come back. It just show that they could make Relic chips fast. And are blatantly lying to V in the Hanako ending.

V has no right bitch slapping the guy like he does here. Smasher should be popping his head just like Saul..... at the same time, left foot for Saul, right foot for V.

I mean he just tosses rogue aside like nothing and she is/was Night City's top hitman!
So you have the option as V to surrender and get killed, and the credits roll, that's your ending, Smasher saves Arasaka ass again, some unknown Merc named V dies in the end.

So you have the option as V to surrender and get killed, and the credits roll, that's your ending, Smasher saves Arasaka ass again, some unknown Merc named V dies in the end.

The great difference between Saul and me is the Legendary Assault Rifle in my hands and this hack: "Cybernetic Malfunction."

Which....oh makes it so sweet. They even give him unique dialogue for it.

V just wants to live, he wants the upper hand or at least a fair deal exchange, unfortunately V is worthless to Arasaka, but the Johnny Engram stuck in his head is priceless.

Throughout the game, the players are given lore on how Arasaka treat the human souls as a commodity to exploits, you as the player, in the end decide to side with Arasaka or............. be convinced by Johnny, at least by V own judgment to get what he wants, to live without Arasaka condition. And dude, that's not just simply a primitive stance of good and evil.

V just faced consequences of his/her deeds. As a player im forced to submit to the storytelling. I cant say Dex to go and fuck himself and went myself back in the streets to continue my bloody business with local punks.
Im forced to clean up the shit i didnt decide to start. And i see nothing special in Arasaka reps treating V as a piece of shit. You broke into someone's house and now after the police took your ass you're waiting to be scold a little? If Saburo wasnt killed that day the trouble with stolen relic and thieves will be solved shortly. Without any special attention given.
And no, Johnny engram isnt unique. Its only a copy on a single relic. "Original" is stored inside Mikoshi, like any other engram.

Top Bottom