[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowest difficulty from Flash mod is easy. You could try insane. Melee with limited signs in FCR is perfectly viable like every other build.TW alchemy mod is compatible with FCR.Enjoy the game :)

Thanks! I just installed your latest version of FCR and the alchemy mod.I guess this is as hard as the game can get :) going for melee with no/limited signs, spent my first points in dexterity up to night vision, will see how the game goes!p.s. just an observation: i really find games(rpgs specifically)way too easy nowdays, is it just me transforming into some game-freak or games DO get easier :D?Anyway, a rather subjective matter, i guess it's mostly up to the individual, what he/she likes.

Games do get easy. Most, if not all, are made with casual players in mind. Players whine when game offer "insane" or "nightmare" difficulty and it's too hard for them. I mean, if it's too hard then lower it. But NO, they want the achievement and it's developers fault that highest difficulty is actually hard. That's the pressure from player's side lately, especially on multiplatform games. PC players usually don't mind. Console players whine. I'm not anti-console player, I understand why they find games harder with their controllers instead of mouse + keyboard but I don't want to suffer for them with super easy games. Nowadays when player have to reload savegame because his toon has fallen in battle due to total player inexperience and ignorance he accuses developer. Do they even read manual, do they read the journal, do they read codex or bestiary? Why they completely ignore consumable items? There are bombs, salves, potions, poisons, oils, toxins, etc, etc, and I'm not talking only about The Witcher. Look at Dragon Age. Same problem there and everywhere.

Yeah, you're absolutely right :( consolization is reaching epidemic proportions!Well, i am *REALLY* looking forward to TW2, i believe that it is going to kick ass.. but i must admit that i am also afraid.But then again, CDproject has my utter respect, won't let us fans down :)Just pray that the game is going to surpass TW1, and if it turns out to be 'too easy' well - hopefully there is going to be some tool and people like you to tweak it.edit: and yeah, nothing better than reading all the 'small' stuff :) like the codex, learning monsters weaknesses, information on every little thing, i really like that and take my time with the games i play to read everything.We'll see that kind of detail in TW2, hopefully :)

well, they said they are considering a hardcore mode for TW2 although they didn't say anything about the difficulty settings yet. I guess easy/normal/hard is a given but how much the hardcore mode (apart from no dying) will further influence enemies and/or hitpoints .... that's unknown to me.

Thanks. It'll be a much better experience playing for the neutral path for the first time with this mod. Is FCR compatible with Texturen mod?

Question for FlashAre the NPC swords all supposed to have such awful stats? I'm still using the r/r/r meteorite sword I made at the beginning of chapter 1 and I'm nearly out of chapter 3. The fact it looks exactly like the sword I got from the prologue just adds to the dreariness.I was hoping the Holy Sword of the Order would at least be competitive with the meteorite sword. the Illegal Swords off the salamandra guys sure is. But it isnt, it's exactly the same thing as the starter sword with a superior model.Prettymuch all the swords have been disappointing. Harvall underwhelms as well and it is surely harder to get than an r/r/r sword.Can you make a UTI file where the holy sword of the order ( dropped by patrick deweyze if you side with the vampires in the house of the night, chapter 3) has at least competitive stats with a meteorite sword or explain how I can do it?Thanks.

Yes, holy sword is supposed to be worse. As you can guess from the lore, there's nothing holy in this sword beside the name. No gods in the witcher universe are enchanting weapons with their holy powers. It's just a very good sword, a bit better then a witcher steel sword. A regular witcher sword by itself is a piece of art forged from meteorite ore. Very light, very sharp and durable. Perfectly balanced. Of course there is ore and ore. One ore can be better than other, that's why you are forging new swords. Anyway, yes, NPC swords are worse than super rare, exquisite witcher swords forged from special ores. This is intentional.I'm modding DA:O now. No time for FCR at the moment so if you want something changed, you have to do it yourself. Edit damage in weapons_abl.lua;DefAbility({Name = "it_stlswd_009", AttrsMod = {Damage_Mod = 14}})this is holy sword of the order.

Thanks Flash. It's purely from a gameplay perspective that I complain, since lack of equipment diversity has always been one of the major negatives about Witcher as an RPG. Sometimes lore adherence has to step aside for gameplay. Or it has to step aside for logic for that matter, since I have to assume that a unique sword pried from the cold dead hands of a wealthy knight has to at least compete fairly with a drab oar of grey metal made for me by an angry dwarf in a peasant village. Even Harvall should have had something to make it competitive with a meteorite sword considering the work you have to do to get it, and it's obviously more complex design.Has anyone modded the end of the campaign in DA:O to be less of a chore? I remember when I played that I was rather let down that I had built up this mighty mystical titan leading armies of many nations that I never actually had to ever use, because the last battles were all against a swarm of level one midgets. That really took the drama away.

made the change and it's not reflected in the tooltip, I even reloaded and got the sword off Deweyze again to get a new copy. Item tooltips are separate from their stats, right?

cuteunit said:
Has anyone modded the end of the campaign in DA:O to be less of a chore? I remember when I played that I was rather let down that I had built up this mighty mystical titan leading armies of many nations that I never actually had to ever use, because the last battles were all against a swarm of level one midgets. That really took the drama away.
I'm doing it right now :pJust 5 minutes ago I started balancing final Redcliffe battles.
cuteunit said:
made the change and it's not reflected in the tooltip, I even reloaded and got the sword off Deweyze again to get a new copy. Item tooltips are separate from their stats, right?
Yes. You need to edit description in uti file in D'jinni.

Flash's Ornate Sword seems rather... incredible, statistics-wise. Is the only way to get it to kill a guard, though?Nice model too.

Ornate sword is optional. It's a pretty addition to the game which on is supposed to get late in Act 3. Some people get it in early Act 2 and break the balance and fun from game. Their choice. You can buy ornate sword from Act 4 smith.

Hallo,I decided, that second time I play the game, I will do it with FCR mod. I started with hard difficulty as vanilla game was IMO very easy even on hard, when you found, how it works - and you could learn that quickly in Prologue (few exceptions were more imperfections of game design, than difficulty issues).I have some problems and maybe 1 or 2 questions - sorry, If they were already answered, but going through 50 pages of this topic will is taking some time - I slowly get to No. 14:problem:1. I have installed the latest version of the FCR, basic game is czech version patched to EE + 1.5. I looked at the development tree, but it seems to be as it was in vanilla game - AXIE and no Heliotrop sign and even the rest are probably untouched. Combat system has clearly changed - as enemies and Geralt are dying quickly, but this is untouched and maybe other thinks also, as I don't know all the things, that are changed. What can be wrong?(And being stuck in the middle of the game, because I have old development tree, but talents for new one is something I wouldn't like to do.)2. in this topic I found information, that there are supposed to be hints ingame (during loading screen?) but I have nothing there. Is it possible to find them somewhere else? And a few questions:1. Geralt is supposed to be vunerable from flanks and back. OK, but how big angle that means? During fights at Kaer Morhen I was quite often hit by thugs from ~90 degree frontal arc. I think that even a witcher with amnesia should be able to deal with thug armed with axe standing in front of him. And normal swordsman should be able to have fair chances to block attacks coming from frontal hemisphere even from several enemies.All things are made worse by game "bug" that many times you click to attack, Geralt makes nothing (instead he got hit) - and it happens couple of times in a row; you double click directional keys to make some special movement and Geralt again stands still - pretty unpleasant even in normal game when you face wyvern, but deadly in FCR.Btw., when Geralt ingame makes piruette movement - with that bonus to hit chance for enemies attackig from back - does that mean, that he is a dead meat, because he showed his back?2. When playing vanilla game (of course, there were talents almost for everything), I prefered signs+potions, oils and bombs to sword. That means, that while I picked stem improvements more or less equaly at least until Lvl.3 for signs and sword styles, when it come to branches, the signs power and longevity and reduced toxicity improvments had priority against similar improvments for swords. I also spent the first gold talents to get lvl 5 Intel + reduction of the toxicity of potions and some gold levels of IGNI an AARD and after that I put gold to swords.Is it possible to make such a development in FCR? I.e. is it still there and does it make sense to go for that high reduction of the potion toxicity talent? As I have still old development tree, it is hard to think about any plans.Anyway - thanks for interesting mod, it made me to play the game again (as I simply cannot force myself to play a bad guy, I would replay the game with same choices and without your mod, It would be the same game).

Hi,1. Current version of FCR supports 3 languages: English, German and Polish. You need to change text language to one of supported languages in order to see the new skill tree.2. The game sometimes behaves illogically. There are hint files installed with the mod but it seems that some game distributions (I suspect that there are differences between Polish CD Projekt's, Atari and Steam version) ignore modded files. On some TW versions hint files should be loaded by the game but they aren't. Having a Polish version of the game I can't check other versions to test this issue.Questions:1. These are 90 degree arcs. The Witcher like most RPG games use percentage to-hit ratios. Enemies in Prologue have 15% chance to hit Geralt. You can decrease enemy chance to hit by putting some talent points in dexterity after you level up.This game bug is how the game behaves. It has something to do with Geralt's distance to enemy and the enviroment. If something is blocking attack or if you are a bit too far from enemy sometimes nothing happens when you click to attack. I can't do anything about it.Technically during piruette Geralt is not turning, it's just an animation. It's also worth to know that active dodge moves like piruette, jumps and rollovers give a bonus +50% chance to avoid being hit.2. Yes, you can focus on signs. Aard, Igni and Yrden are very powerful when you invest in them. You might have to learn strong steel style level 2 however in order to make Chapter 1 easier to finish. Be sure to read beastiary to learn monster's weaknesses. Some are vulnerable to Yrden, other are resistant to Aard etc. Most players eventually decide to learn endurance to level 5 so they take potion tolerance talent on the way.

Thank you for such a quick answer.Problem1. How should I do that? I can reinstall the game, but my game allows only for czech and polish. Is installation of the EE update in english sufficient to do the trick? Will the game be afterwards fully in english?Otherwise it would be quite difficult, I could install everuthink in polish language - I am slovak so I naturally understand polish a little bit, but not enough to really enjoy the all ingame speech and texts.Questions1. which 90 degrees arc? Simply, when Geralt is standing in the middle of the clock looking at number 12 at which numbers must stand his enemies to get these bonuses to hit chance? From slightly less then 2 o'çlock to slightly more than 10 o'clock so Geralt covers only 90 degrees in front of him, or from 3 to 9 o'clock, so he covers 90 degrees to the left and 90 to the right and only real side and back attack are so dangerous?Just to be when I loose fight, whether it was because of the better abilities of my enemy, or because I have exposed Geralt to backstab.Thanks for the notification about protection during special moves2. Btw., is AARD able to make damage to enemies? I think in vanilla game it was not and I was even little bit confused with description of the various resistancess of the enemies to it's effect when they were stunned ot knocked down even when they were supposed to resist.I of course plan to invest in some swordfighting abilities to hurt enemies when waiting for energy for the next spell or for finishing those than are not worth to waste a spell on them.Oh, I was not sure even in vanilla game abou this issue - are enemies more vunerable to spells or their critical effects when they are hurt? So, does it make sense to hit a ghoul couple of times with sword and after thar try to knock-down him with AARD; or it makes no difference, when a use AARD?

P1. Install English language pack that comes as an optional part of patch 1.4. You'll get an option in game to choose the language. You can choose Enlish text and Slovakian speech.Q:1. 90 degrees in front of you is safe; 45 degrees to left and right from 12 o'clock. Everything more to the side is dangerous. Positioning in combat is important now, for example fighting on stairs indoor will force enemies to wait in queue to you and fight 1v1...2. Aard doesn't deal damage. Resistance doesn't mean immunity. Resistant enemies still can be knocked or stunned. Btw. stunning is better then knocking down since finisher move is much quicker thus you spend less time being vulnerable to hit by enemies.Wounded enemies are more susceptible to critical effects like stun, falter. Some critical effect make more susceptible to other critical effects, like bleeding enemies are more likely to get pain effect, etc.

Thanks, now it works - I just switched back the speech from english to czech, although there are some differencies in names and so on - english speech IMO is too simplifiedI have just looked at talents and development tree - it's going to bee pretty hard. I would even trade some gold talents to silver If I could, as I would be probably unable to reach more then 3-5 golden upgrades in the dev. tree.My short calculation:No group styles upgrate, strong and fast styles by one plus and then either strong or fast to lvl. 3 that gives 6 silver for fencing. (Btw., which style is more usefull in game - strong or fast?)Strenght 2 to slightly increase sword damage, max. DEX., STAM. and INT. for dodge/parry and for gold improvement of Sign power and Toxicity reduction means 3x 4 = 12So 6+2+12 = 20 - means there are just 7-8 (with mutagen) silver talents for sign improvement and it is barely enough for good AARD and IGNI, fair Yrden but only basic QUEN and Heliotrop.And this is calculation for 40th level, which I'm very unlikely to reach and that realy desired effects like golden improvement of sign/toxicity through stamina and intelligence I can reach at the moment, when they will be of almost no use of them, as IMO Chapters III and V where those the most combat-heavy ones. Although in Ch. IV were a few really nasty fights - especially in the crypts.So for a moment I don't have any good plan for development, especially when I keep in mind some of those nasty group fights in some crypts with almost endless spawn of monsters and of a different kind - fledders, wraths and some necrophages. And in your mod as I read is necessary to use specific oils for different monsters. Does that mean that in such fight I will spend 1/2 of the time by applying oils over the previous one and back?Anyway 2 little question for start of the game:1. I have just finished Khaer Moren and before I leave, I want to spend talents. I am at level 2, that means 3 silver and 4 bronze talents. I would like to have herbalism, as there is no alchemy without it (especially with so few orens it cannot be solved by bying ingedients), but that immediately takes 2 silver talents. So, is it viable option to get herbalism and spend the last silver to i.e. Dextrity? Because otherwise I will have to try to get another 2 levels for just 1 silver - and without herbalism and money it would be pretty tough.2. when it comes to dev. tree, which improvements are cummulative and which just replace the previous one?I.e. Int lvl. 1 and 2 both say "sign intensity +15"- does it mean that mena that with Lvl. 2 Intel my basic sign intensity will rise by +30?And i.e. AARD has some %-age improvements - 25% for lvl.2 50% for lvl.3 - so at level 3 power is increased by those 50% from base sign or by 50% for lvl. 3 and additional 25% for lvl. 2.Sorry for asking too much but even at vanilla game after quite intensive searching of the internet I didnt fully understand how some upgrades really works. 'But that times it wasn't so important.Oh, I think that I miss my favourite Patinado upgrades for strong styles :)

You should reach level 40 without any additional grinding. Some players did additional monster raids like they were used to do in vanilla game and they've ended with level 43 or so.Excel charts in The Witcher folder might help you plan you character build.Don't spread too much with your build. If you focus on signs, learn them first and only put the necessary minimum in sword fighting. The minimum would be 2nd level of strong steel style and 2nd level od strong silver style.Q:1. Put 2 points in either dexterity or endurance for much needed survivability on hard difficulty. 3rd silver point in intelligence. You'll level up quickly in Chapter 1 and you can learn herbalism and rather necessary sword coatings quickly.2. Main branch of sign tree is not cumulative. Higher level sign replace the lower level. Upgrade branches are cumulative. IIRC everything else is cumulative unless stated otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom