[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have a problem with uninstalling FCR. It was fun and everything but I want to go back to original witcher.So I uninstalled the mod but the game still has all FCR features. Basically the game is still modded. Additionally, I cant reinstall the game because I installed the game to my laptop when I was on holiday trip and I lost the DVD there.So how can I delete the mod completely?

The only thing that could possibly remain after uninstall is FCR's dialogue_*.tlk. There are dialogue_*.backup files in DATA folder. Just replace tlk with backups. FCR 1.2 installs all other files to one folder. If there's no z_FCR folder in The Witcher\DATA directory then it's completely uninstalled.

Ahh i see the problem. It appears I've somehow left the vanilla descriptions on too (which supposidley writes level 4 stuff requires silver etc.). Would this indicate possible future bugs?

I can't imagine how anyone could play FCR without correct talent descriptions. It's like playing blind. Either you have all descriptions correct or all from vanilla game. There's nothing in between.

youtuber said:
Ahh i see the problem. It appears I've somehow left the vanilla descriptions on too (which supposidley writes level 4 stuff requires silver etc.). Would this indicate possible future bugs?
Do you have the right language selected? Somewhere back is the list of the compatible languages - I had a same issue when I left czech language for the texts/subtitles. Switching to english solved that.

Hi I'm new to this forum and just started The Wicther. I tried vanilla on hard but did found it not that hard at all. So I installed the fcr and play now on normal (hard is to hard for me). After a while I got a handle to the game and I reaaly like this mod, particularly after I killed the beast with specter oil with 2 attacks. I really appreciate the time, effort and skills of Flash.Now my question concerning Accuracy. In the Excel charts comming with the mod there are accuracy values in the charts for monsters and npc, about 100. This would make sense as doge/parry base value is 50. However in a small charts and mentioned in the FAQ there are accuracy values of 15-35 for monsters and humans depending on level. However they would never hit Geralt as doge/parray base is 50 %.Or is this values for Geralt accuracy depending on enemies, which would mean Geralts accuracy depends on the opponent.Thanks for answers.

Welcome to official The Witcher forum.Dodge and parry are seperate checks for chance to avoid being hit. Dodge and parry values do nut sum up. An enemy with 100 attack value has 100 minus dodge value chance to hit in percantage. If dodge check fails then you still have a parry check. In theory the chance to hit is very small since for example a witcher with level 5 dexterity, upgrades and under the influence of Blizzard potion has 90 points in defence. That's 100 - 90 = 10%. So its 0.1 for dodge and then 0.1 for parry -> 0.1 x 0.1 = 0.01. That's the theory and equations in game files prove this. Still we sometimes can't believe that random numbers chosen by computer are really that random.To make things easier to understand I'm not including the second parry check in accuracy explanations.

Thanks. So its actually true, there is a dodge AND parry check. I thought there is only one of either,as as you have explained the very low chance to hit value. I still don't know what this accurracy values of 15-35 % mean for easy, normal,elite, boss... etc humanoid and monsters.

anduls said:
I still don't know what this accurracy values of 15-35 % mean for easy, normal,elite, boss... etc humanoid and monsters.
Let me explain it on one example. Let's take a monster - graveir.- First time you can meet graveir in Chapter 2.- An average player starts Chapter 2 with level 11 and finishes it with level 21. It means that with optimal character development you can start Chapter 2 with 70 defence and finish with 80, having maxed dexterity.- Now the question is if graveir is an optional enemy = can wait for his turn until you are ready or you must face him because he stands on your way in main quest, like Skoffin boss. Graveir is an optional enemy so one can wait until he max dexterity -> 80 dodge and parry.- Graveir is an elite rank enemy so its accuracy is 30% at the time you meet him -> when you are ready, not when you must. So I think of level 20 Geralt with dexterity level 5 and Blizzard potion and then add 30 to his defence value. 80 + 30 = 110. That's graveir's 30% accuracy.Of course in battle you can decrease its accuracy by drinking Blizzard potion and applying pain and bleeding critical effect.Oh, and when I'm talking about being ready it doesn't mean that everone has to wait until level 20 to fight graveir. It's just that level 20 is optimal. Optimal but not required.Btw. all of this is my method of naming and balancing the game. None of this was used in vanilla game.I balanced whole game in similar fashion by planning and calculating every value. No value in FCR mod is random. Everything derives from precise calculation, not my mood, not the weather ;)

Ah, ok thanks. I think I got it. So the accuracy is fix, e.g. 110, but you balanced the value on a expected character development at this stage, so 80+30.What's Geralts base accurracy value ? 50 as well ?

I have English selected for subtitles in the Options menu.It appears the vanilla descriptions are left on. How to apply FCR descriptions? Reinstall? Would that mess up my saves?

You can reinstall the mod at any time but everything was installed during first installation. What vesion of the game you have? Steam, Platinum, EE?

Wow. It's been aeons since I've been here. Awesome to see what you've accomplished. Anyways, thinking of finishing the game one last time before The Witcher 2. I'll of course be using this patch. I had a related query: Are the 4th level talent style Hold attacks actually useful now?I remember back when just using the difficulty mod that you basically stated they aren't and that there isn't a whole lot to do about it, but with the addition of the bonuses to those attacks, are they now optimal in some fights? 'cause they have always tickled my fancy but they just never felt very useful.

Elealar said:
I had a related query: Are the 4th level talent style Hold attacks actually useful now?
They are what they were - a powerful opener. It's worth to use it as starter move. Beside this, now 4th level attacks add bonus to all other levels, so buying it makes all attacks stronger.
Elealar said:
Director's cut edition from steam, which is a better version of Enhanced Edition.
Sure it's better but I don't know if there are some differences in the way the game recognize the mods. Possibly the game has modded files in proper folders but ignore them anyway.

So again my turn :)1. little bit about bloedzigurs - I watched discussion here about how to avoid that acid explosion - something like "when you see you hit them by 1 HP, run away, he is dead". If I try that, I am also dead. If the first slash took the rest of his HP and the second shows 1HP, then its too late to run - that explosion is so quick. I tryed moddified approach from vanilla, just for final blow I used sword and not IGNI (best strategy anyway). So I carefully hacked him couple of times, even switching style from strong to fast and group to not to kill him, just leave him almost dead - by chcecking life ring under him. When he is almost finished and I would normally hit him by fire, I run away a little bit, switch to fast style, click on him, so Geralt must make a few steps forward before he attacks; meanwhile I turn camera view by ~180 degree and in a moment Geralt makes a first slash, I immediatly click Back-arrow (interrupts sequence) and then Forward-arrow (run). I use that trick with turned camera, because I can easilly use 2 different keys for interruption of the attack and for running. Using 2 same ususally ends up by evasive maneuver - and it stops Gerat form further moving for a moment = death.If it wasn't enough for kill, I repeat that. But If I let Geralt to make even 1 more slash than the killing one, he just starts running when Bloedziger explodes. And I don't suppose, that my ingame animation are different than the others ones.2. just more important question about game mechanics. Many of times it was said, that it is better to start attack, even to interrupt the sequence, step back and repeat, rather than face constant fight. Ok, it fully works when fighting couple of enemies, but is it same in one-on-one?a) if I am right, I can interrupt the sequence, but not before at least 1st slash - otherwise I make no damage. Simply, game is counting every slash independently.b) if I try to step back - attack - repeat; my enemy is still fighting back and e.g. I see that "PARRY" notices flying over us, I just don't see an animation. There were even fights, when doing my best to kill him as quickly as possible ended with no to few scratches on me; while I had problem to survive fight, when I used more cautios tactic. For example it's not worth to retreating from single barghest when one strong-style sequence with oil can instantly kill him, while retreat just gives him chance for one more attack. Same, when I was fighting Ozzrel, when I tryed to retread, his regeneration eliminated at least 1/2 of the inflicted damage and it prolongued the fight so much, that he simply had more chances to "get a 6 on roll of the dice" and hit. So - am I confused by some non-typical fights; as well as by game engine, which doesn't show the animation properly; am I right; or both of it? As I don't see, how the game is rollng the dices, I have to guess from outcome - and it can easilly leads to the wrong conclusion.

1. This topic returns like a boomerang. I'll ask Calbeast to record killing bloedzuigers in all camera views.2. Interrupting attack is used only when you are in danger of being surrounded, only to reposition yourself so you don't have to fight 2v1 or more. When fighting 1v1 there is no reason to stop attacking.a) True.b) True.It's not a faulty game engine. Geralt's animations have priority and they cancel enemy animations. Its just that. Imagine seeing both Geralt and monster attacking and then clipping and one character model going trough other, etc. On the same engine in NWN animations work "properly" because you have no influence on the fight. You just click once and watch predirected scene. You can easily see this system faults in KotOR where you can hit and be hit even when animation says that you've blocked the attack. You see block and lose health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom