Is Act I the Cyberpunk 2077 game we wanted?

+
No, that would be a disaster which would totally ruin the whole story.
Add the story at start part will only change it to another GTA style gun-looting game.
The problem is the main story is already a disaster now, it should be a 40 hours main story, we have 7 hours start and 30 hours mid, then 3 hours ending. But what did we got? 5 hours mid and 2 hours ending. You have to admit the missing part is at mid part, not start.
There is no way to add more start part.
You feel good about the start part just because it’s the only part finished. They have time to make the story right and fill enough details that make every character lovely.
This rule is also worked at other part.
Look at the forums, the more story the character have, the more love they got. The sound of more River and Kerry is much smaller than more Judy and Panam, even Goro are more welcomed, and people even hate Johnney because we can hardly find the story of V after we got chip.
You have to find the right problem to shoot .

May I ask what the problem you had was?

Faction reputations are terrible in a stealth game. They should never suspect I was responsible. In my game, I murdered hundreds of Tyger Claws and they never knew.

"Yes, James, I am the architect of all your pain."

Wow where to start. Even when you would let the extrem over advertising of this game be....

The Life Paths are after the Intro meaningless and the fast forward of the 6 months is a shame. You aren't able to get really a feeling of friendship and as I started corpo - it was meaningless as V was so StreetKid after those fast forward action I barely could connect with him. Furthermore after the wow-effect of graphics there isn't much other things which shine. Artificial intelligence in combat and open world is very disappointing. Could continue.. But this would be off topic.

Wow where to start. Even when you would let the extrem over advertising of this game be....

The Life Paths are after the Intro meaningless and the fast forward of the 6 months is a shame. You aren't able to get really a feeling of friendship and as I started corpo - it was meaningless as V was so StreetKid after those fast forward action I barely could connect with him. Furthermore after the wow-effect of graphics there isn't much other things which shine. Artificial intelligence in combat and open world is very disappointing. Could continue.. But this would be off topic.

May I ask what was street kid about the Corpo? I felt like a sophisticated intelligent criminal compared to the idiots around me.

Otherwise? Yeah, I agree.

Yeah I need more heist missions, trying to survive in the streets. Be none then become big fish in the city, getting to know my pond... Want big houses from dirty money, real high cyberpunk fashion (plastic/see-through, heels, etc.) and alive friends, quests without trying to survive dumb brain cancer without failing it.

No. This isnt THE GAME i wanted, that i was promised. But i still love it somehow..., im sad what we got for 60e.

I want to beat the city not be beaten and thrown away. :(
Or be alive at least. Death at 22 years old isnt happy ending even if you ride with nomads into sunshine....
Oh well.

I want to beat the city not be beaten and thrown away. :(
Or be alive at least. Death at 22 years old isnt happy ending even if you ride with nomads into sunshine....
Oh well.

The game has the view that Night City is basically poison and that's weird because I think its fundamentally different from something like Novigrad.

But I do think you live in Nomad and Legend.

I just think that could be more explicit.

May I ask what was street kid about the Corpo? I felt like a sophisticated intelligent criminal compared to the idiots around me.

Otherwise? Yeah, I agree.

Well for example you start with a mission which gave me the feeling after some minutes that shit is going down. As a corpo u wanna climb up the ladder and you have given a task with Abernathy. So why not screw him over? Just stay with me here. We go to her and arrange a deal to get our bosses job and would be more powerful as now. But no we can't decide to betray him on this suicide mission. So we take all evidence on a stick with us to a meeting in a bar. We work in a Spionage Job for what? Years? So you think it's a good idea to go in a bar with a? Friend? With all evidence of your mission? No extra muscles? No Intel about what your target knows? I would be more aware that maybe I wouldn't meet in an easy space, not checked for some microphones or surveillance software to talk about the mission. You also would have enough power to hire some men and arrange a meeting with Jacky in a safe space with exit points when something gets south. They even don't need to know whats the mission just ensure a interruption free meeting.

So we get caught and we are all crying like a baby nearly got killed. After 6 Months we hate Arasaka and are all Street talking all bad about the bad bad Corpo even we screwed up. No feeling to kick her ass no feeling to get back in the Corpo Style just some Dialoge Option to say something the Corpo Way but his whole Life as a High Animal of the Corpo made him same Street Kid V in just 6 Months. That's for me a real shame.

So we get caught and we are all crying like a baby nearly got killed. After 6 Months we hate Arasaka and are all Street talking all bad about the bad bad Corpo even we screwed up. No feeling to kick her ass no feeling to get back in the Corpo Style just some Dialoge Option to say something the Corpo Way but his whole Life as a High Animal of the Corpo made him same Street Kid V in just 6 Months. That's for me a real shame.

Couple of points:

1. Funny thing, the Corpo dialogue with Hanako has you directly ask for your old job back if not a promotion. She says "sure."

2. I feel an Edgerunner is a very different beast from a Street Kid. They are both, however, independent professional criminals.

I'm astonished there are people who want some kind of faction system with the Night City gangs. It's like New Vegas, except they're all worse than Caesar's Legion. The Voodoo Boys are simply bigots against anyone who wasn't a Haitian refugee, the Tyger Claws are human traffickers who work with Jotaro, the Maelstrom are absolute monsters who experiment on innocent people with involuntary cyberware installations, and if 6th Street is your aesthetic, you may as well sign up with Gab.com and start living your best life in South Carolina. Signing up with the Valentinos makes some sense given the connection with Jackie, but that'd be a silly idea if all the other gangs are horrible.

I'm astonished there are people who want some kind of faction system with the Night City gangs. It's like New Vegas, except they're all worse than Caesar's Legion. The Voodoo Boys are simply bigots against anyone who wasn't a Haitian refugee, the Tyger Claws are human traffickers who work with Jotaro, the Maelstrom are absolute monsters who experiment on innocent people with involuntary cyberware installations, and if 6th Street is your aesthetic, you may as well sign up with Gab.com and start living your best life in South Carolina. Signing up with the Valentinos makes some sense given the connection with Jackie, but that'd be a silly idea if all the other gangs are horrible.

We all want to join the Mox or at least set up a payment plan. :)

The thing is you CAN join the Aldecados. It just doesn't need a faction system.

Ditto befriend Maelstrom with Brick.

I was thinking about it and I can't help but think that the period leading up to the Heist is pretty much the Cyberpunk 2077 game I wanted. Jackie, you, Viktor, T-Bug, Evelyn, Judy, and all the other members of the cast are characters that I feel are more interesting than the rest of the cast (sorry, Panam) but the stakes feel a bit more appropriate. You're trying to do the BIG SCORE and everything is about leading up to that.

You also are doing "small jobs" up until that point that make sense with the Side Gigs.

If they'd stretched this part out and made the Heist the end of the "first" Cyberpunk game, I think I might have liked it more.

What do you think?
The period leading up to the Heist was linear and boring. A small time bandit (V) teams up with another small time bandit (Jackie) and in their idiotic quest to become big time bandits, they get caught up in a game too big for them....duh
The way the story transcended after this rather lame prologue was great, small time bandit gets caught up in a chain of events that force him to understand the world in new ways, and view it from different angles that would have been impossible if he remained the aspiring bandit that he started as.

Last edited:
I think the "game we wanted" problem is deeper than that.

I personally like the story, specially the whole Johnny being stuck in V's head thing, but the game is clearly undercooked. The story revolving around the main quest and the good graphics are pretty much what's going for the game, so if someone don't like either, there isn't much to it. It's a mishmash of different features from various games, without excelling in any of them. Storytelling is one of those features, that could be quite improved if they expanded upon act1, but I think that ship has sailed and expanding upon it would still not make CP the game we wanted.

If we had more missions and interactions with Jackie and T-bug, they would be more meaningful and what happens to them would hit harder. Instead we get that poor narrative mechanic where V and Jackie are greatest choombas forever because of a simple introduction with "chemistry", a cutscene with 6 months time lapse and a tutorial mission. Dialogue options let you choose if V is more warm or cold towards Jackie, but that's it. I think Dex played his part being a smug unreliable motherfucker and Judy/Evelyn's joint arc was nicely fleshed out.

Still, expanding upon act 1 would still make the game a story-driven action game with RPG elements and pretty graphics.
I think we needed more and better ways to interact with night city. All it's gangs are canon fodder for unloading our (quite nice) arsenal of weapons, cyberware and quickhacks. No meaningful interactions with them. The whole running around the map clearing markers is a very poor way of developing the "gigs". Per example, there's a gig where we have to neutralize Jane Koch, an engineer who led a corpo experiment that killed a bunch of nomads. Doing other gigs and clearing police markers around the area revelas a bit about the experiment, on how she's covering her tracks, etc... That was clearly a questline that got scraped and fragmented into map markers. Now all we get is "go to place X, kill 3-10 guys, read some stuff". There's still no interaction with Jane Koch, her victims or actual investigative work, which would be nice. It's just a fixer telling you to do shit and get paid. The missed opportunities are all over the game. This is a small example of it. There's a lot to fix before CP turn into the game we wanted

IMO, the fact that many people think that Act 1 story is better than Act 2/3 means that too much Johnny really screwed up the game. Note, the game, not the story, I still think this story is great for a story-driven videogame, but not for an open world videogame.

Act 1 story is just V trying to become a legend in Night City, so you do gigs offered by fixers, and you are given that big gig/heist as soon as you enter Act 1. As you can see, the story isn't anything special, but IMO is more enjoyable because there isn't a timer on V's head, and you feel more in control of V's fate than in Act 2: I think this is a core aspect of open world videogames. When you're in Act 1, it's still reasonable for V to try rank up reputation by doing Regina's gigs before the heist, you are not forced in the main quest until it's the last quest marker on the map.

But from Act 2, even if there are interesting side quests, I feel "forced" to do the main quest, because that's the only reasonable thing to do, as the character is... (is this a spoiler free thread? Btw, I think that if you played the game, you know what I mean). Again, IMO, act 2 story becomes really bad only at the point of no return, so basically at Act 3

The period leading up to the Heist was linear and boring. A small time bandit (V) teams up with another small time bandit (Jackie) and in their idiotic quest to become big time bandits, they get caught up in a game too big for them....duh
The way the story transcended after this rather lame prologue was great, small time bandit gets caught up in a chain of events that force him to understand the world in new ways, and view it from different angles that would have been impossible if he remained the aspiring bandit that he started as.

That's what we said "Opening".
Typical Openworld Game Script Structure.
Then they need to set a "hooker" to lead V expolre and beyond himself.
The Relic and Goro done this job. They lead two arcs, the internal conflict of Arasaka, and the way to save V.
It almost perfect until ACT III they cut the arc off.
Post automatically merged:

IMO, the fact that many people think that Act 1 story is better than Act 2/3 means that too much Johnny really screwed up the game. Note, the game, not the story, I still think this story is great for a story-driven videogame, but not for an open world videogame.

Act 1 story is just V trying to become a legend in Night City, so you do gigs offered by fixers, and you are given that big gig/heist as soon as you enter Act 1. As you can see, the story isn't anything special, but IMO is more enjoyable because there isn't a timer on V's head, and you feel more in control of V's fate than in Act 2: I think this is a core aspect of open world videogames. When you're in Act 1, it's still reasonable for V to try rank up reputation by doing Regina's gigs before the heist, you are not forced in the main quest until it's the last quest marker on the map.

But from Act 2, even if there are interesting side quests, I feel "forced" to do the main quest, because that's the only reasonable thing to do, as the character is... (is this a spoiler free thread? Btw, I think that if you played the game, you know what I mean). Again, IMO, act 2 story becomes really bad only at the point of no return, so basically at Act 3

I still believe ACT II was designed as a rail. They may give you some reason to explore the world such as Goro need some time to making plan, or V should helped him. It will back to free at ACT III, while the internal conflict of Arasaka float up, and story back to slow speed instead of end.

Last edited:
What's your opinion about Keanu Reeves/Johnny Silverhand as main part of the game? This might be the reason why the game is f up in its core.

Is act I the Cyberpunk 2077 game we wanted?

No.

The Cyberpunk that I wanted originally (and still do, in case some bold indie studio happens to make one) was a completely different game. A pipedream, obviously, but still.

Yah, it really was. But its too late now.
I hoped they did more with militech, arasaka, biotechnica, zetatech, nightcorp, ncpd, maxtac, netwatch, all the gangs ...
No idea why they went for such an narrow story with so little space to expand...

But:

Spoilers Ahead!

At this point?

Does anyone really want to have act 1 extended while knowing V and Jackie will die.
Knowing that all characters you will meet will not influence the plot and will only exist in their act1 bubble?
Knowing that you cannot meet any of the already established characters?
Sure you could expand some characters from act 1 into sidestorys for act 2. But act 2 is already so bloated with a life
expectancy of a couple weeks.

Let act 1 influence the overall story?
That would be preem, but that is way too much effort at this point.

Same for act 2... Act 2 is already 90% of the game with an timeframe of a couple weeks.
Would be silly to pack more into it.

And act 3?
The game has serious structuring problems and the guy whos responsible for this. Did an really awfull job in my opinion.
There is so little space to drive the game forward. Characters dying/leaving Nightcity. Its really hard to find a way to bring them back for dlcs.
Its an enigma to me why they went that route.

I think they drop V. And i hate that tought.
Or do something with the endings/afterwards.
Or they just add more gigs, easy way out for the dev to do something ... But nobody would be pleased with.

do lifepath's even matter?

it's not like they have some dialogue option that makes things easier, do they?
from my playthrough (as nomad and corpo): lifepath's don't matter, other than the starting outfits you get... that's basically it

(i would have hoped that we'd atleast get a skilltree related to the lifepath, so atleast the playstyles would differ... but nope)
I agree. With everything that they hyped up about lifepaths, I expected them to play a larger part in the game. If I wasn't paying attention to the marketing, I would probably appreciate them more as small little intros to Night City, but they all feel half-finished. With the Corpo one, there's this heist that never happens. In the Street Kid lifepath, nothing really happens between Padre and the 6th street, or with that police officer at the end, or with that Kirk guy. With Nomad, there are some interesting characters that you never see again, and one that you talk to over the radio that seems like you have a past with that you never hear of again. Plus with the Nomad intro, you get almost zero info on what happened between you and the Bakkers.

And then comes that montage, which looks like all stuff that was playable at some point. If you slow it down, it looks like there are important dialogue and emotions going on. If all of that wasn't cut content, then I don't know what is. And the kicker is, I'm not sure if they can fix those problems. I hope they do, but I'm not so sure that those are their free DLC plans.

There is no changing this game without deleting the whole story... If we did get ACT 1 and we should have and a lot more.. this ACT2 things should have been an expansion and i would have been very happy to get it. But ehh.

Top Bottom