[SPOILER] Adam Smasher. Character we have lost.

+

Who is mr. Smasher?

• Big Bad Boss, mindless killing machine

Votes: 66 74.2%
  • Complex Character, Man who has a story to tell

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
Was Jackie even killed by bullets? As far as i understood it his leathal injury was caused at the fall down through the glass roof, no?
He got hit by a Gatling from the "helicopter" thing. He lost too much blood on the way to Delamain's car. Delamain refused to bring him to the hospital first, because fixed on the plan "no detour" accorded to the contract.
Because Hanako is another lost character doomed to be archetypical treacherous and hypocritical rich bitch. Oh, she is a japanese too? Double the Meanness! No, of course there is no connection to Pearl Harbor at all.
She is simple Corpo. Lying is common business and you have to be aware, that's the current situation about coup and family dispute.
Saburo is different, but indeed has connection to Pearl Harbor, his mind is from WW2 - imperial era and is unchanged.

The thing is that Hanako is actually a character from the tabletop RPG and formerly a good guy.

Some says that NightCity is the main antagonist of this story.

It make sense since it’s widly know in literature and movies concept of building and streets creating some malevolent hive mind entity that will hunt down the protagonist for no other reason than its evilness.

Adam Smasher so was here just a big bad boss.

Some says that NightCity is the main antagonist of this story.

It make sense since it’s widly know in literature and movies concept of building and streets creating some malevolent hive mind entity that will hunt down the protagonist for no other reason than its evilness.

Adam Smasher so was here just a big bad boss.

I actually admit I do have a bit of amusement that Adam clearly has NO IDEA WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE.

Which is a nice twist.

But not very interesting dramatically.

I wanted to kill him since the very moment you saw him in Evelyn Parkers Braindance for his sexist comment and this wish increased thousandfold at the end of Silverhands first flashback in the Arasaka tower.

The very moment he killed Saul/Rogue sealed his fate.

Lol. You led Saul and Rogue on a date with death, but guilty is Adam Smasher. Not you. Nice logic.
It wasnt to hard to predict who will be waiting for you and who's the boss in the last encounter. Its so fucking obvious, so just every pixel on your display yells - This big scary cyborg guy is a final Boss! Look at him! Look at him! Its a boss, sweety!

I actually admit I do have a bit of amusement that Adam clearly has NO IDEA WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE.

Which is a nice twist.

But not very interesting dramatically.
Poor Smasher - his plan for the day looks like
- oh another boring day in the office
- who is this fool?
- oh I’m dead

For there was zero tension or what so ever.
The only reason why he could be an antagonist because he and Johnny had history, but than for some people this wasn’t story about Johnny so either this wasn’t story about Smasher.

Completely wasted potential.

well.. Rogue did put a granade into his thorso,
and after that he whent down
you didnt fight a fully functional Adam Smasher..

not that that wouldnt change anything in a game where you have to defete him to continue

the hardest fight i had in the game was vs Rozor. i cant remember how often i had to reload to win this boxfight
Boxfight is a good point to understand CP system and world.
I beat Rozor one shot, in all of my charactor.
First, understand the boxfight rules. You can't use mantis blade, but gorilla hands is OK.
Second, you can't hack him, but bullet time and the passive power of orange quick hack chip is OK.
If you use bullet time in right way, it would be eazy a looooooot

Well i think he is wasted in a sense that hes throw away character just for mediocre boss fight. V literally has no connections to him or personal reason to fight him and zero interactions throughout the story.

Lol. You led Saul and Rogue on a date with death, but guilty is Adam Smasher. Not you. Nice logic.
It wasnt to hard to predict who will be waiting for you and who's the boss in the last encounter. Its so fucking obvious, so just every pixel on your display yells - This big scary cyborg guy is a final Boss! Look at him! Look at him! Its a boss, sweety!

That has absolutely nothing to do with logic, its an emotional reaction his actions caused in me. And after all the path of actions is forced upon us by the game. If i could have dodged the attack of Dexters bodyguard in the motel and send them both to hell, neither of all the fuss with the relic had happend and i would not have led neither Saul nor Rogue into death. But the game leaves me very little choice. The only way nobody else would suffer would be when i agree to Hanako´s plan wich would make Arasaka win.

And what makes you laugh about my opinion? Perhaps you are in love with Smasher and wants to shove something fleshi into his dataport? Feel free.

Ive the book for cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper. Smasher is addicted to cyber. And Most of his body were destroyed on a mission for arasaka. Arasaka give him choice and he choose to survive. But he is bond forever to arasaka

I found interesting note on wiki:

If V and Jackie do not leave after Yorinobu Arasaka, Goro Takemura, and Smasher evacuate the suite in The Heist, Smasher will return and compliment V for their bravery but insult them for their stupidity. He then severely wounds V with the bullets from his arm gun and finishes them off by stomping on V's head while Jackie panics.

Anyone experienced this?

If V and Jackie do not leave after Yorinobu Arasaka, Goro Takemura, and Smasher evacuate the suite in The Heist, Smasher will return and compliment V for their bravery but insult them for their stupidity. He then severely wounds V with the bullets from his arm gun and finishes them off by stomping on V's head while Jackie panics.

Anyone experienced this?
Yeah - I've tried a few times to fight him - but he one shots you.

Anyone experienced this?
Adam Smasher - Marauder Shields of Cyberpunk 2077

SPOILERS

Adam Smasher is Yorinobu's bodyguard... and fun fact - Yorinobu goal is to destroy Arasaka from within...Its obvious Johnny Silverhand inspired him to do so (he admits that in Arasaka ending) so technically, Adam Smasher is protecting a guy, who has same goal as Johnny Silverhand, who he killed 50 years ago (ok ok, soulkiller did it, but he captured him)

So you have the option as V to surrender and get killed, and the credits roll, that's your ending, Smasher saves Arasaka ass again, some unknown Merc named V dies in the end.

Don't be silly. Obviously my point is that Smasher was poorly utilised in this game.:facepalm:

So you have the option as V to surrender and get killed, and the credits roll, that's your ending, Smasher saves Arasaka ass again, some unknown Merc named V dies in the end.

Smasher saves nothing.. If he stops V, Yorinobu wins... and he has own plans with Arasaka - he accuses Militech for his father death and throws the Arasaka into another Corpo war with single goal - destroy the company from within ( as he said,"if bombs dont change things, a man itself has to become a bomb")

Mr Nice guy
"Adam Smasher is a towering cyborg, with little humanity left to be seen - not that he ever had much to begin with. He is the rival of Morgan Blackhand and dealt the killing blow to Johnny Silverhand. Adam was given a choice by Arasaka after being reduced to mush by RPG blast - either pull the plug or become a full body cyborg. With little to no options and a lack of care for his human side, he agreed and became more machine than man. Adam has no empathy for people or even his fellow employees, but Arasaka kept him alive, so he lives to repay their kind deeds to him by killing the enemies of the corporation.
He does have one stipulation: Collateral damage and civilian casualties are a must. "

I expected V to face Adam in the climax but in my opinion he was to easy to beat in face-to-face combat (I think even MaxTac would have problem with it). I was hopeing that maybe Morgan will show up and they will end what they started on top of Arasaka Tower on August 23rd 2022, before nuke went off (how is it possible that any of them even survived it's another unanswered question).

Adam Smasher have plenty of story to tell. Unfortunately just not with V & Johnny Silverhand story apparently. His real story exist when MORGAN BLACKHAND APPEAR! In which a clear biggest missed opportunity that the main story told "as of now."

Morgan Blackhand is the real rival of Adam Smasher, not Johnny Silverhand. Bear in mind both of past memories missions are screwed perceptions/memories of Johnny Silverhand, not the "historical facts." That's why one of the final word reactions when Adam Smasher got beaten & V mentioned Johnny, he said "what the hell are you talking about?"

Adam Smasher Boss Fight is pretty much a power fantasy "fan service" imo. Realistically to the lore, in no way V or Johnny can ever beat the millions eddies borg like Adam Smasher. A one grab/shot from him is enough to kill V for sure.

From the overall V & Johnny perspectives in this game, I think Adam Smasher should have been the one that critically wounded Jackie to give player even more laser focused motivation on him, instead of the attacks from Arasaka drone & "fall damage" hehe

From the gameplay perspective, I think Adam Smasher boss fight should have been way way way waay more harder & deadlier for sure, especially on Very Hard difficulty LOL. Maybe something like:
+ have multiple armors & health bars
+ Immune to any negative effects including stuns/stagger
+ Immune to some quickhacks
+ have one deadliest attack that could almost kill player
+ have a multiple stages/transformations
+ Overall attacks are simply faster & deadlier.

Basically make the boss fight as hard as Sekiro or DMC5 or NioH or for FPS game like DOOM Eternal.

Also, I really think the game shouldn't even give choice for player to spare or execute him, making him unkillable in way. A scenario where the fight ends & V only managed to beat him in some way, a duel to survive, not even revenge. In any case, I think Adam Smasher is still alive (yes, for real). Even though if player executed him. Why??? He is ARASAKA BORG, I am sure that's enough to tell you that CDPR & even the actual lore could easilly bring him back to the story in number of ways.

As for the big villain talk. The real villain of this game is always been death itself & a philosophical fight between Corpos & Anti-corpos.

Top Bottom