[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not introduced by the mod. Same was in vanilla game. I assume that you know vanilla game skill tree.

Which of this two options is more gameplay difficult??? :a) The Witcher without FCR on HARDorb) The Witcher with FCR on normalI played The Witcher without FCR on HARD an a find it too easy, but with FCR in HARD its too difficult. Maybe my best option is NORMAL with FCR?

Its possible to change the difficulty with the game started? Im playing chapter 3 with FCR on hardest mode (INSANE-HARD) and i would like to take it easy...thanks

Guest 2091327

http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=27458.0Download and install this mod.

Download and install this mod.[/QUOTE]I appreciate your great work on this project and in anticipation of the Withcher 2 I replayed the orig which was modded with ver1.0.15 on hard mode which was challenging for me and very enjoyable.So I downloaded your latest reiteration ver 1.3RC and installed it on top of ver 1.0.15(since I made a new rig and transferred my Steam directory to the new computer and did not have an uninstall option). I hate it!!You flubbed with the inventory prices(as if it wasn't hard enuf juggling the limited weapons inventory to generate some revenue from selling salvaged enemy weapons. (thank God for the Gerald's STUFF mod).I chose the Middle difficulty..gimme a break, Now the beginning chapter 1 puts me pitted against 6 barghersts..ThanksI modded with the vendor mod that allows me to buy a Red Meteroite Sword in Chapter 1 (since I now have 3 reds and it costs 1300 to upgrade of which I had 1750 orens so I grinded till I could earn 2500...boring) Now the Cinfrid Oil doesn't work with the "purchased" Red Sword.. thanks again The durations of the oils seem shorter also!!I could go on about the added "tweaking" of your modding fixes to make it more canon-like...but no thanks. I hope I can undo ver 1.3 and find my "favorite" 1.0.1.5 version. I know this is a semi-sweet comment and will probaqbly get flamed!I still appreciate your valiant efforts and You are modding it to the way you like to play the game.Guess what I'm saying is I don't like playing it now the way you play it anymore. QQ

If I use that option to change the difficult [from INSANE (3) to HARD (2) ], the results are the same as if I started a new game on HARD (2) ???

There are 3 barghests at the opening battle of chapter 1. It's impossible that amount of enemies changed since there are no spawn point files in the mod, meaning it's same as vanilla.Crinfrid Oil works on every sword, only the percent chance to inflict pain is reduced to 33% like in-game oil description says.There are 3 red meteorites available in chapter 1 without vendor mod.Duration reduction of critical effect oils was introduced as a workaround for permanent oil stacking bug from vanilla game. I've fixed this bug completely so duration can be reverted, forgot about that completely.Economy balance was introduced to remedy the problem with too much money you earn at the end of chapter 2/beggining of chapter 3. If you suffer from insufficient money problem, FCR always offered poker tweak which made earning money quick and easy.

I bought the potion (200 Orens) to change difficulty to medium because I was playing on hard. After that I try to fight with some monsters but I really dont feel any difficult change, ¿is this possible? It´s possible to verify the game difficult somehow?Also, I have other question, in the final mod 1.3 FCR includes "potion difficulty"? I didnt install potion mod but the woman witch (chapter 1) and Kalkstein (chapter 2-3) sell that 3 potions...thanks

aboreal said:
Also, I have other question, in the final mod 1.3 FCR includes "potion difficulty"?
Difficulty potions were integrated with FCR in version 1.1.Check differences between difficulties in start game menu and compare the effect in game. You should deal 5 more damage points if I remember correctly.

hi there, i've been enjoying the mod so far.. it's almost like a new game:))just encountered a bug wherein my skill tree reverts back to the old one or something.. the icons and descriptions are different but the number of talents learned,gold/silver/bronze requirement,etc remain..the axii sign has a heliotrop icon in-game but it's description is basically axii even in the skill tree..i don't remember any major changes i made in the game folder or anything..i stopped playing for a while after this happened.. hope you can help thanks..

Hi,You've probably encountered same problem as Executor_ two pages ago.Check for a solution to this problem starting from this post: http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24499.msg5463174#msg5463174Most likely it's a compatibility issue with some other mod.

Hi Flash, Thank you for a great mod -- I have extensively modded a complete combat rebalance of another RPG (Mount&Blade, also to make it faster paced and more interesting), and can appreciate all the planning and calculation that can go into such a mod. I played vanilla Witcher to nearly the end of Act 4 (on hardest) and switched to FCR after reading the forums. So far I played up to the middle of Act 4 in FCR on Normal, enjoyed it a lot, and have some comments, suggestions and bugs to report. Firstly, I started FCR on Hard, and played to the end of Act 1, but then switched to Normal due to some battles after cutscenes starting before I can do anything and losing 2/3rds of health before I was in action - this was annoying and I had to keep reloading until I got a moment when the enemies hesitated a bit and gave me time to act. This is a problem with the game, I know. BUG: when I tried to switch to Normal by drinking the potion, first it seemed to work, giving me an extra 20 vitality and noticeably faster regeneration, but after a loading a game I went back to lower hp as in Hard and regeneration was gone. So I had to restart a new game on Normal. I really like what you have done with the parry/dodge chance being greater when you are attacked from the side or the back -- it makes combat a lot more dynamic. However it also makes it simply frustrating in some situations -- when you can die from two good attacks of an enemy if one of them moves a little to the side of you, and leads to unnecery reloads -- your character can beat this group, but this time you didn't maneuver quick enough. I think the severe penalty to parry/dodge from the side is to blame -- I think it would be better to lower the penalty to parry dodge to attacks from the sides maybe to -25%, and maybe increase the penalty to attacks from the back to 75% (I'm assuming front-sides-back are 90 degree regions, or you could keep the -50 penalty to sides/back, but increase the front region to 120 degrees?) This would allow a little more room for error in your maneuvers when fighting a group of enemies, but would still punish you for getting surrounded and turning your back to the enemy. I think this is change (lowering parry/dodge penalty to attacks from the sides) would make the mod much less frustrating on all difficulties without making it any less enjoyable or difficult. If you are well prepared for a fight you should be able to win most of the time, no only when one of the enemies hesitates to flank you a little bit. a couple more comments:The mod says that Dexterity is the most important talent, but both times I found Stamina more helpful, not only because of the extra vitality, but because of the massive boosts to pain/bleeding/stun/poison/blinding you can get very early -- this is what usually led to my death - being pained or stunned or poisoned and then dying without being able to do anything about it (this also relates to lucky attacks from the sides). So when I played I first took Stamina to lvl3, and eventually to lvl5, then maxed strength (with Dexterity lvl3). I found it better to know you can take a hit when you need to and not die from the consequences than to have 15% chance to be hit instead of 30%, and be slaughtered 15% of the time) (High stamina and resistances were what I think allowed me to beat professor and Azar at the end of act II at lvl 17 after about 5 reloads)Another thing I tried was using only the silver sword, even for battles with humans, and developing only the silver group style (to lvl3 as soon as possible, not counting a couple bronze talents in steel strong in act 1). Because humans have no resistance to silver, it just has lower base damage, I decided to try fighting all my fights with that sword, and mostly group style -- and it worked great! The high parry bonuses allow you to kill most things that (except boss vampires and graveirs) in as many hits as it will take, even elite humans can be taken care of with no problems, and its a lot of fun to just stand in front of an enemy and watch Geralt dodge his blows 20 times in a row. (The other style I develop now with extra talents is silver strong, also to use on both humans and monsters)Reading the thread I saw you were trying to make the Kikimore Queen more difficult to kill, just to let you know I killed her on my second try with group style (up to lvl4) and blizzard, dealing 3 dmg per blow, she hit me maybe 5 times, but high stamina allowed for it.Fast style seems a little unnecessary, but maybe thats because I did not develop it. I also missed the additional combat effects of vanilla like extra damage when enemy is incinerated or blinded. Overall you made the talent tree slightly less varied and interesting.a couple more BUGS: The parry bonuses from group style do not always turn on. It seems like if you draw the sword and it is already in group style, they work, but if you switch from strong to group without sheathing your sword, they do not apply (possibly they also remain if you switch from group to strong style) Quen sign sometimes stays on forever, even after you meditate overnight. But sometimes it behaves as it should, I haven't tracked down what situations cause it to do that yet. Poison oil (I forget the name) stayed on my blade and poisoned enemies after applying a different enhancement to it. Thank you for your time working on this mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom