[TW1] [mod] Grass Green Shani Outfit

+
[TW1] [mod] Grass Green Shani Outfit

Shani is one of my favorite characters in The Witcher, though I've always thought her outfit was a bit strange. (I wonder why CDPR decided to have her dress like Peter Pan?)

Green is a good color for a redhead, of course, but I didn't like the shade of green they chose for Shani's outfit; it's too yellow. Like this:

So I recolored it to be more of a true green or a grass green and less yellow. Like this:

This is a very simple recolor, but I think Shani looks a lot better this way. I made this recolor for my new adventures for TW1, then decided to share it as a separate file, for all those Shani lovers out there who'd like her dress to be more green and less yellow.

Because of forum upload limits, the files are housed at The Witcher Nexus. (Thank you, Robin Scott!)

To use, simply unzip the file and put it in your The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\Override directory. (This is NOT where your saved games are, nor is it where the adventure files go for fan-made adventures; it's another directory.) If you decide you like the old, yellowish color better, simply remove this file from your Override directory.

I still prefer the original. The color is more natural and the outfit a bit worn out and dirty.

Thanks for the effort tho.

With the monitor I'm using now, the new one looks nice, a sort of Kendal green. It may look overbright on some monitors, but that's the monitor's problem, not yours :)

IRL, green yarns were quite variable, as they were made by dyeing first with weld (dyer's rocket) or another yellow, then overdyeing with woad. The process gave a lot of opportunity for variation or mistakes.

the one you made looks more 'cartoonish' I must say (for eg the difference in the graphics between GTA 3 and Vice City?)
the original looks more natural, the dull look making it look good. Well whatever it is all have their own liking (in these cases) :)

I see you obviously have the same problem with ugly horizontal stripes in TW1 like me. I could never figure out what caused them, but sometimes, while using the cat potion, they were gone.

On topic: I still prefer the original yellowish green, the other one doesnt quite fit into the range of colors used in TW1.

Nobody's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to download the mod. If you don't like it, don't download it -- it's just that simple.

Damn, I miss the old Witcher forum.

Top Bottom