What do you want from Cyberpunk 2077 Expansions? (Spoilers)

+
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 1_9_2021 8_34_04 PM.png

If you have finished the game, I think you know there's a lot of things that point to a future Expansion about The Crystal Palace, Mr. Blue Eyes & Rogue AIs. Since the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 was disappointing, I posted this to give feedback for the future Expansion. My intention is not been a backseat driver for the writers. I just want to point out what we generally expect from an Expansion.

1) Give a campaign with a satisfying length - Short campaigns might be cool but in the Cyberpunk base game, the story felt like a rushed one with so much unexplored areas, even though story sometimes had really good moments. Spending some time between massive set piece moments will help to build characters & it will create an emotional attachment. Examples of such moments are going to a wedding with Shani or Priscilla's quests in Witcher 3. Try to incorporate those moments into the main quest between climactic moments.

2) Actual Branching paths - I think most people can agree that Cyberpunk just had an illusion of choice in most moments. Even most endings out of 7, can be achieved by just playing the final quest again & again which greatly reduces the replayability. In contrary to this, even Witcher 2 had 2 complete paths depending on your choices in Flotsam.

3) Sometimes it's okay to be small - Most criticisms for Cyberpunk directed towards how the massive Night City behave in the game. There's so much bugs and glitches while it's interactivity is way less than modern AAA titles. Setting the expansion inside a Space Station like Crystal Palace will be a good thing because CDPR can focus on the details of a confined area instead of trying fill out a massive map. Many NPCs with unique daily activities is much appreciated. I remember how people react to Geralt after returning to an area that I previously did a quest & villagers reacting to me depending on the outcome. Also, sometimes when I follow a NPC they they actually proceed to do some quest related things instead of just standing still. Little details like this are rare in Cyberpunk comparing to Witcher 3. CDPR maybe able focus on those instead of trying to render hundreds of generic NPCs.

4) Better Set Piece Moments - CDPR tried to put some set pieces in Cyberpunk but they were disappointing because of the heavily scripted nature. Sometimes enemies don't even die unless they are in a predetermined position. (Specially in Takemura chase scene) Many of those moments were confined to shooting the chasing enemies while riding a car. There should be more open set pieces with occasional choices. I loved the Ascension level in Crysis & various set pieces in Call of Duty that breaks the usual gameplay loop. Maybe we finally get a chance to pilot an AV or Spaceship? Or a Zero Gravity exploration quest in space?

5) No teleporting cops - Since it's a space station, at least put a hole in the walls to spawn Drone while you guys figure out what to do with the human cops.

6) No montages please - I was really disappointed to find out that the introduction to Night City in the game were limited to a montage cutscene with Jackie. CDPR lost a huge opportunity to build Night City as a character in the prologue. Please don't do that in Expansions. Let the Crystal Palace build itself by showing it through well paced quests.

7) Celebrities & Youtubers? - I love Keanu & watched his movies repeatedly. But if CDPR thinks that Keanu is essential & they need to create an entire game around him just to sell copies, they are wrong in the long run. I would have played Cyberpunk game made with a clear vision from the start of the the development instead of something that cobbled together to fit Keanu in the last minute. I know that some people don't agree but I loved the performance of Keanu in the game. However, I would rather play a game with a complete story without a celebrity.
Witcher 3 succeeded without any celebrity in the marketing.
Same goes with the Youtubers? I have no idea why you guys put Alanah Pierce & other Twitch streamers in the game. It's kinda distracting. Witcher 3 had cameos by few Youtubers but those were subtle. (Ex: Trolls) If you didn't know who they were, those moments fit right in to the game. Also if you really want those cameos, consider people who actually helped you since the beginning like Yong Yea & Angry Joe instead of going for whoever famous right now.

8) End with a Bang - Story in the base game was cool but I felt like it's way less epic than the marketing which said "We have a city to burn". So forgive me for expecting a Corporate war in the biggest Cyberpunk adaptation or a Fallout 3 ending where you actually burn some stuff. Giving a better ending where you actually affect the world around you is appreciated instead of NEWS mentioning that the Arasaka Tower got another break-in. Since the Crystal Palace is far away from the rest of the world, you guys can do wild things in the story.

9) New Skills - Maybe some DLC specific Skills like Zero G ones? Can't expect to make use of that underwater skill in space.

10) Cosmetics - removing armor system to subdermal armor or something is kinda necessary because I don't wanna look like the Red Carpet of Oscar Awards, just because a pink thong has better armor than the pants that I've found in the beginning.

11) Side Activities - I don't know what people do for fun in space but I don't wanna go to an inventory screen everytime I want to eat a space hot dog.

12) Better side quests - I've said this million times in the forum but don't put fetch quests like Gigs. Instead put quality cutscenes & NPC interactions. Quality over quantity always matter unless it's a MMO or an Ubisoft game.

13) Ending - At least give one ending where you feel good & accomplished something. I know CDPR stories are morally grey & bittersweet but Witcher 3 & RDR 2 did this way better than Cyberpunk.

14) More Third Person cutscenes - I kinda understand why CDPR chose to go full first person. However ending cutscenes in third person were some of my best moments in the game. Since the base game is very linear, I felt V is a pre-established character in the universe which is not necessarily a bad thing. So more third person cutscenes might be great.

15) Let the world shine - Even though CDPR marketed different districts of Night City has it's own personality, I didn't feel it in the game that much. At least having one quest that properly introduce you to the location will fix this. CDPR should look at Witcher 3 again and learn that stories need some slow moments.

16) Reveal when it's ready - please don't put any footage out, if you don't even have any idea what the final game might be. "Everything is subjected to change" should not be a marketing slogan.

17) Conclude the DLC story. No huge bait for another DLC or cliffhanger ending.

18) Release when it's ready.
In contrary to the popular polish beliefs, the word "Ready" doesn't mean "with a plethora of bugs"

19) No microtransactions. You guys kinda didn't do what was promised. Please, at least don't do this.

20) Better performance - I was shocked to find out that Blood & Wine actually perform better than the base game. Frame drops in crowded areas are significantly less in B&W. I don't think any other game did this with a DLC. So I have faith in you guys.

This is just one guy's opinion. Please join the conversation with your ideas.
Cyberpunk or Table Top Games were never a thing in my country. My knowledge about the Crystal Palace is from Youtube & Wikis. Please add something if you know more things that we can see in an Expansion.

Last edited:
There's a whole planet to explore, other cities, countries, continents, gangs and corpos, corpos from one city allied to gangs in an other, new technology, mind control, in my opinion it's a bit too soon to start thinking releasing anything that's beyond the stratosphere.

I want to get in combat and have my system reset, my eyes blinded or pulling the clip of a grenade and let it blow in my hands... we're so much more powerful that other ppl we fight against to it's not even funny anymore.
The stealth mode's the best, which I find the most "realistic", all the rest is awesome concept wise but it makes me feel, or any one player i'd assume, are the only ppl in NC with access to this technologies.
I'd like to see an Atlanta expansion, see where V been before coming back to NC, why did he left, more cities, more of the badlands for a couple of missions maybe, it's that cool madmax vibe... we'd tune cars to run against an evil boss to rescue a tank truck and a caravan of nomads stuck in the desert

More Evelyn.

What? I can dream.

* More hookups
* Focus on gritty street level stories
* Arasaka being cartoonishly evil
* Militech being the same.
* More dialogue options
* New Endings if you successfully complete the DLC.
* More Night City, no space or Badlands. Maybe add an entire new district to the city over Watson.
* The Thermal Katana

More Night City, no space or Badlands. Maybe add an entire new district to the city over Watson.

For this they just need to open up the door and fill them with interesting content
Post automatically merged:

1 - A full corporate war that burn to the ground Nightcity, like the on hintend in "under strict surveillance"
2 - an extraplanetaty expansion
3 - an expanded (a lot) nightcity by opening the doors

I posted topic 10 minutes ago for this, but this is better, i am here now :D

1) Give a campaign with a satisfying length (I agree with you, cyberpunk story is equal to W3 dlc's.)

2)More dialog options with characters please.

3) More side quest with great design characters ( like diving with judy or concer quest )

4) More romance activities, we literally can't do anything.

5)Panam ending must be cannon for dlc stories.

6)We must find cure on dlc's.

7) HAPPY ENDING WITH MY BEST FRIEND PANAM AND MY LOVE JUDY PLEASE... I DON'T WANNA DIE :(

While i read good, or what reads as good, suggestions of ppl, at the end of the day i just hope first and foremost that the devs update and release DLC/Expansions on what they envision/hope for the game to be still.

I dont mean that badly to my fellow gamers but i never signed up for there vision or my vision of how this game should be, i signed up for CDPR's for better or worse and thats not changed

There's a whole planet to explore, other cities, countries, continents, gangs and corpos, corpos from one city allied to gangs in an other, new technology, mind control, in my opinion it's a bit too soon to start thinking releasing anything that's beyond the stratosphere.

I want to get in combat and have my system reset, my eyes blinded or pulling the clip of a grenade and let it blow in my hands... we're so much more powerful that other ppl we fight against to it's not even funny anymore.
The stealth mode's the best, which I find the most "realistic", all the rest is awesome concept wise but it makes me feel, or any one player i'd assume, are the only ppl in NC with access to this technologies.
I'd like to see an Atlanta expansion, see where V been before coming back to NC, why did he left, more cities, more of the badlands for a couple of missions maybe, it's that cool madmax vibe... we'd tune cars to run against an evil boss to rescue a tank truck and a caravan of nomads stuck in the desert
I think there's many signs in the game that poibt toward a Crystal Palace Expansion.
More backstory for everything is needed including lifepaths but I don't think they gonna create an entire Expansion just for a single Lifepath.

I can read the mind of the people: More judy, more Panam :D
I wonder whether majority of the Witcher 3 feedback was about Yen vs Triss instead of quest design & gameplay.

More Evelyn.

What? I can dream.

* More hookups
* Focus on gritty street level stories
* Arasaka being cartoonishly evil
* Militech being the same.
* More dialogue options
* New Endings if you successfully complete the DLC.
* More Night City, no space or Badlands. Maybe add an entire new district to the city over Watson.
* The Thermal Katana
Since many people complain about the ending, I don't know whether it’s ethical to add more endings in a paid DLC.

For this they just need to open up the door and fill them with interesting content

1 - A full corporate war that burn to the ground Nightcity, like the on hintend in "under strict surveillance"
2 - an extraplanetaty expansion
3 - an expanded (a lot) nightcity by opening the doors
YES. An actual Corporate war where we can see streets of fire. If that happens can kinda justify not been able to play the game after the ending because there's no more city.

I posted topic 10 minutes ago for this, but this is better, i am here now :D

1) Give a campaign with a satisfying length (I agree with you, cyberpunk story is equal to W3 dlc's.)

2)More dialog options with characters please.

3) More side quest with great design characters ( like diving with judy or concer quest )

4) More romance activities, we literally can't do anything.

5)Panam ending must be cannon for dlc stories.

6)We must find cure on dlc's.

7) HAPPY ENDING WITH MY BEST FRIEND PANAM AND MY LOVE JUDY PLEASE... I DON'T WANNA DIE :(
Actually, I have no idea how they gonna set a DLC after the main game because those 7 endings are bizarrely different.

While i read good, or what reads as good, suggestions of ppl, at the end of the day i just hope first and foremost that the devs update and release DLC/Expansions on what they envision/hope for the game to be still.

I dont mean that badly to my fellow gamers but i never signed up for there vision or my vision of how this game should be, i signed up for CDPR's for better or worse and thats not changed
Yeah. That's why I didn't give any ideas or story n stuff. I just gave feedback about mostly general improvements. I don't think bugs & lack of content should be their vision.

Last edited:
Not going to pay for expansion till the base game will be complete.
Unfortunately, I gonna buy it at launch but my support for CDPR will end soon if they go down this path.

btw guys, when we have story dlc's u think? I hope it will be soon, i have post game depression so badly...
First Witcher 3 expansion launched 5 months after the base game. I'm guessing that first Cyberpunk Expansion will launch in either May or June if we factor in additional two months for bug fixing.

Top Bottom