Romance: Quality over quantity, V

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they could have some activities, idk find Judy in her desk doing BD stuff, or see her sleeping, or not find her in her apt. But nope, she's glued next to her window forever. :rolleyes::giveup:

Judy:
At her computer doing BD stuff
Tinkering with the stuff in the living room

Panam:
Tinkering with her truck
Running nomad errands
Singing songs at night around a campfire

River:
Playing with the kids
On a computer doing some investigative work

Kerry:
Making music
Using all the crap that's in his house
Cleaning up his house or conversely
Hiring a maid

Then you can also have generic stuff that they all do:

Making food (in Kerry's case, ordering takeout)
Eating and drinking. Coffee in the morning, alcohol at night
Sleeping
Showering

V should be able to ask them out. "Hey wanna go for a drive? Wanna grab a bite to eat? Let's go to a bar!" They can talk about the latest quest stuff V has done, anything they are working on, spilling personal feelings, or whatever else. End the evening with a kiss or a hug or whatever platonic stuff, fade to black, and boom. Hangout done, you get a followup text about how much they enjoyed hanging out with you and that you should do it again sometime. The mind fills in everything else that happened ...

You know something @Trinixy I keep stumbling across your posts here and keep agreeing. These thoughtful and constructive critiques really speak to the beauty of the game.

The main reason we (well at least a good portion on the forum here) love the game is because of the characters and their role in the narrative. Amid all the badass shit we are doing. Characters like Judy, Panam, Goro, Misty and Vik really ground us in the world, even River, Kerry and Blue Moon.

To add in closing, I really hope that CDPR takes away from all this that they nailed their narrative and game at large. Just keep working on the strengths of the game and build from it. Adding more function to masterfully crafted characters would just be boon for the game. We wouldn't be here giddly theorizing the possibilities if they weren't so good.

Aside from all the frustrating bugs, the game really is a thing of beauty (sorry had to do it 😅).

Last edited:
Yeah, when I first saw how NPC's in this game behave I was really disappointed, but I just started to ignore it, I have stopped paying attention to how lifeless they are and decided to treat them as background. And I got used to it. But much bigger disappointment was still waiting for me. I have completed the romance questline with Judy which was amazing and thought it would be cool idea to go to her place immediately. Since she gave me keys to her house I was sure I will have now lot of stuff with her to do. Bruh how wrong I was, when I saw the same three old dialogues I had with her before and completely nothing new I fucking died inside. My disappointment when I saw one liners zombie NPC's was nothing compared to that. I'm still pretty mad cuz of that, I really hope they will add way more content to Judy and other romance options soon. I didn't expect this game to lack such an essential stuff considering how crazy detailed The Witcher 3 was.

Totally agree, i felt exactly the same, after her romance i ran to her appartment, waiting for something "special" like i dont know, being able to sleep there with her, to see new dialog options, to interact more with her, to hang out with her to the hundreds of restaurants around the map, ANYTHING... but no.. she was there, in that window.. with the same 3 dialogs.. and you cant even say good bye to her when you finish to talk... for me the game needs urgent to fix this issue, Judy, as Panam has sooo much to offer in terms of immersion in this world.

In my opinion, it is what this game needs, because bringing life to our romance brings life to our experience in the game.

As i said so many times, we need a repetible mission or something that brings interaction with our romances, to "hang out" for example, or enjoy time related to braindance with judy.

For example, i had an idea, maybe it is too crazy but i think it would be amazing.. Imagine if we could record some parts of the game, and them we could edit it as a braindance record at judys house with her (something similar to photomode) or record mode in GTAV, i can imagine many people making very interesting things with it :D), at the same time she says things like thats cool or something.. i know maybe its too much but hey!! dreaming is free jeje. I really hope that CDPR hears us and implements basic interactions like "Hang out" at least soon in the game :)

CDPR's red engine just is not capable to do such a things, I'm afraid. It can't manage any complex AI procedures.

Btw, that is exactly how camp and home work in RDR2. I loved it. Playing as John Marston, you can come back home, and seeing your wife and son doing different things, talking to you and each other, a lot of different context dialogs are available for them, you can have a family dinner, kiss your wife when she's going to sleep, help your son cleaning the horses, do some home job, at evening sit with family in front of the fire and sing songs, and a lot of other things. When you get captured by police, your wife can go to police station to help you out and such. You receive letters from your ex gang members and you can discuss it with family. Family reacts on what you are doing, how do you look, you can argue with them or have a lovely chat, or get drunk and make your wife upset with that.
RDR2 is a true nexgen experience of life simulation. Too bad CDPR (and any other dev) still can't reach this level.
Sad but true. I've played RDR2, and I know what you're talking about. But despite the obvious technical problems and imperfections of the Cyberpunk engine, I continue to hope. With this game, looking at all the potential, I want to believe in miracles, that at one moment some patch will change everything, and so on (yes, I know how naive it sounds :giveup:)

Just keep working on the strengths of the game and build from it
That's what I've been saying over and over. These characters are prolly the strongest side of this game. They all have such a big potential to build on, and there is not a single one that have fulfilled story. We have seen too little of them to be able to say that we are fed up with them. What would I have seen there, is to add among others more interactions with our romance partners in free DLC's. And then in big paid story expansion the best possible idea for them would be to continue the story after endings with all of these characters included. See Judy, Panam, Kerry and River helping our character to find cure. Just look on social medias or this forum, all of them are full of Judy and Panam, CDPR would have to be blind if they didn't exploit the fact that community loves them. So making spin off expansion with new characters and new story or some mid game expansion adding some new side stories or gigs are just no

Last edited:
For example, i had an idea, maybe it is too crazy but i think it would be amazing.. Imagine if we could record some parts of the game, and them we could edit it as a braindance record at judys house with her (something similar to photomode) or record mode in GTAV, i can imagine many people making very interesting things with it :D), at the same time she says things like thats cool or something.. i know maybe its too much but hey!! dreaming is free jeje. I really hope that CDPR hears us and implements basic interactions like "Hang out" at least soon in the game :)

I had this idea too. Haha, would be cool for an expanded photo mode ala Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Being able to more easily make funny scenes with Jackie and Johnny would break canon but would be a lot of fun. Getting cool action shots of V fighting Adam Smasher or Oda. Making cute scenes with your Romantic choice. Loads of additional functionality there. Composing an Avengers style action hero poster with your favorite characters would be baller.
Post automatically merged:

Someone apparently even found hidden messages from Judy if you use console to get her car... and we can't even get her car because it's locked. :giveup:

CDPR PLZ :sad:

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying over and over. These characters are prolly the strongest side of this game. They all have such a big potential to build on, and there is not a single one that have fulfilled story. We have seen too little of them to be able to say that we are fed up with them. What would I have seen there, is to add among others more interactions with our romance partners in free DLC's. And then in big paid story expansion the best possible idea for them would be to continue the story after endings with all of these characters included. See Judy, Panam, Kerry and River helping our character to find cure. Just look on social medias or this forum, all of them are full of Judy and Panam, CDPR would have to be blind if they didn't exploit the fact that community loves them. So making spin off expansion with new characters and new story or some mid game expansion adding some new side stories or gigs are just no

AMEN!!! i think an expansion with new characters and new missions is a waste of time, cause the game with what it has can make a lot of quality content, quality over cuantity as judy said and this thread says ;)

I would like to see more characters and missions of course, but i hope they dont forget about the immersion and the interaction with our romances in NC.

AMEN!!! i think an expansion with new characters and new missions is a waste of time, cause the game with what it has can make a lot of quality content, quality over cuantity as judy said and this thread says ;)
Yeah, I wouldn't really mind spinoffs or mid game dlc (heart of stone in tw3 was great, even when it was side story) if the game felt finished. But it doesn't, the epilogue is left on cliffhanger, we had very few interactions with side characters, especially these who you can romance with, and the whole story of V is just overall way too short. With that being said any expansion other that continuation of V and and his/hers close ones story will just feel unsatisfying.

See Judy, Panam, Kerry and River helping our character to find cure.

For some reason, I have a feeling that DLC won't be related to V. Or at least it won't continue the main story, maybe prequel or something. Because there is another ending, where V became an AI within cyberspace. That was my ending. I sacrificed V's body to Johnny. I don't see the way to continue this story. How?.. Paying as Johnny instead of V?

My argument to this is that they need Johnny for any mid-game DLC, and even then, you are dragging out the time you have until the Relic kills you, which breaks immersion and doesn't make any sense in terms of the narrative.

When it comes to Johnny, I wouldn't mind more of him. I think he did his job well and made an awesome companion throughout. But his story is finished in my eyes.

So yes, having more time with your love interests and the less developed characters is a much better decision to make on their side moving forward.

Last edited:
For some reason, I have a feeling that DLC won't be related to V. Or at least it won't continue the main story, maybe prequel or something. Because there is another ending, where V became an AI within cyberspace. That was my ending. I sacrificed V's body to Johnny. I don't see the way to continue this story. How?.. Paying as Johnny instead of V?

BioWare ignored one of the endings in Dragon Age Origins, specifically, where our character dies and they decided to create several sequel-like DLCs. I imagine CDPR can do the same.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided did the same. Ignored the ending where Adam died and went on with the sequel with him anyway.

You know something @Trinixy I keep stumbling across your posts here and keep agreeing. These thoughtful and constructive critiques really speak to the beauty of the game.

The main reason we (well at least a good portion on the forum here) love the game is because of the characters and their role in the narrative. Amid all the badass shit we are doing. Characters like Judy, Panam, Goro, Misty and Vik really ground us in the world, even River, Kerry and Blue Moon.

To add in closing, I really hope that CDPR takes away from all this that they nailed their narrative and game at large. Just keep working on the strengths of the game and build from it. Adding more function to masterfully crafted characters would just be boon for the game. We wouldn't be here giddly theorizing the possibilities if they weren't so good.

Aside from all the frustrating bugs, the game really is a thing of beauty (sorry had to do it 😅).
You point out correctly things that shine through with the developers passion amongst the poorly received missed promises at launch. Values that people found I believe are the consequence of how the balance of content experience is handled. On one hand you have to go through all the violence, the game wants you to think like a killer, a thief or a detective, have you figure best ways to dispose of enemies, how to plan your weapons, skills etc. All again for the purpose of violence.

Now on the other hand you get sometimes a Skippy or a Brandon, or a dude with a malfunctioning cyberdong along the way, and you are reminded, hey! Am still human, not just a killer, nice emotions and investment, very fun stuff, thanks game! These events take you by surprise since most of the side quests end up being boxed within a repeating gameplay loop of your choice in violence.

But then you get slapped with this amazing relationship and treated to a totally different type of experience that takes you far away from any thoughts of violence. You understand then, waw, it was all filler up till now, this is the main prize, this is where I wish to be, with this character. Am not a killer anymore and my goals flipped entirely. It is the weight of this newly found love for the character and the emotional upbeat journey you had with them that tries to balance itself with all the violence and dark themes in Cyberpunk. Because these extremes now become so obvious we understand that both are necessary for the best experience. However, they try balance and because the violent loop is so heavy and the romance feels so lacking, we feel that nothing more can make the leftover side quests worth the effort.
It also underlines the issue of choosing not to kill someone as an obvious oversight, as players we should have use of this choice to influence said balance and make it matter. It doesn't currently.

These things are probably obvious to the developers in the design process to the point of not needing to elaborate between themselves on their values. But as they spend months immersed in every detail of the characters we love, it is only few quests for us in the end and they probably don't find time to enjoy the game as we do atm and look over the entire experience in a way we can, so it is up to us to give feedback where we feel it could benefit most and define why it matters to us.

Last edited:
You point out correctly things that shine through with the developers passion amongst the poorly received missed promises at launch. Values that people found I believe are the consequence of how the balance of content experience is handled. On one hand you have to go through all the violence, the game wants you to think like a killer, a thief or a detective, have you figure best ways to dispose of enemies, how to plan your weapons, skills etc. All again for the purpose of violence.

Now on the other hand you get sometimes a Skippy or a Brandon, or a dud with a malfunctioning cyberdong along the way, and you are reminded, hey! Am still human, not just a killer, nice emotions and investment, very fun stuff, thanks game! These events take you by surprise since most of the side quests end up being boxed within a repeating gameplay loop of your choice in violence.

But then you get slapped with this amazing relationship and treated to a totally different type of experience that takes you far away from any thoughts of violence. You understand then, waw, it was all filler up till now, this is the main prize, this is where I wish to be, with this character. Am not a killer anymore and my goals flipped entirely. It is the weight of this newly found love for the character and the emotional upbeat journey you had with them that tries to balance itself with all the violence and dark themes in Cyberpunk. Because these extremes now become so obvious we understand that both are necessary for the best experience. However, they try balance and because the violent loop is so heavy and the romance feels so lacking, we feel that nothing more can make the leftover side quests worth the effort.
It also underlines the issue of choosing not to kill someone as an obvious oversight, as players we should have use of this choice to influence said balance and make it matter. It doesn't currently.

These things are probably obvious to the developers in the design process to the point of not needing to elaborate between themselves on their values. But as they spend months immersed in every detail of the characters we love, it is only few quests for us in the end and they probably don't find time to enjoy the game as we do atm and look over the entire experience in a way we can, so it is up to us to give feedback where we feel it could benefit most and define why it matters to us.

Its true, that how much more you play, more you understand that. When you pass the game (and more when you finish the romance) your experience in the game changes to something more than just killing enemies and make missions, it transforms into something more depth in my oppinion. After Judy you find that you can be something else than only a killer or merc.

Cyberpunk has something very difficult to give to players - emotions, and it can keep us playing for ages. But the way they ended the romances feels very INCOMPLETE, so yeah Trinixy, we are in this all together. I hope CDPR takes note of all this messages that every single one wrote with so many emotions, wanting what this game lacks, what it deserves (more interaction and more depth and details in romances and NC in general, in my opinion these are the most urgent issues right now)

Great topic. Hopefully someone from CDPr sees it, reads all of it, and steps are taken.

I miss content after having a relationship with someone. I would like them to add: Small missions or activities. More messages.
We would get messages like ""Hey, i want a little ride outside the camp, wanna join?" (PANAM) "I want to watch some BD, will you come over to see me together?" (JUDY).
I wish the messages were of some minimal importance or just YES (mission started) NO (message: ok, another time).
When we return to our apartment, we find the person with whom we are romancing, watching TV and drinking something, or lying in bed playing with the phone.
I'm not talking about sex right now, but small interactions like a kiss, lying next to you, a conversation (about the progress of solving the chip problem) or other. Invitation to coffee, club, food.

A lot could be added, changed. Most of the animations are ready.

Why can't you say goodbye to Panam, a kiss or a hug in the final (Nomads)? We do not know what our waiting for after side.

Yes, yes, English. I know. Just one post to ease the emotions :sad::censored: :rolleyes:

Great topic. Hopefully someone from CDPr sees it, reads all of it, and steps are taken.

I miss content after having a relationship with someone. I would like them to add: Small missions or activities. More messages.
We would get messages like ""Hey, i want a little ride outside the camp, wanna join?" (PANAM) "I want to watch some BD, will you come over to see me together?" (JUDY).
I wish the messages were of some minimal importance or just YES (mission started) NO (message: ok, another time).
When we return to our apartment, we find the person with whom we are romancing, watching TV and drinking something, or lying in bed playing with the phone.
I'm not talking about sex right now, but small interactions like a kiss, lying next to you, a conversation (about the progress of solving the chip problem) or other. Invitation to coffee, club, food.

A lot could be added, changed. Most of the animations are ready.

Why can't you say goodbye to Panam, a kiss or a hug in the final (Nomads)? We do not know what our waiting for after side.

Yes, yes, English. I know. Just one post to ease the emotions :sad::censored: :rolleyes:
Never sell yourself short choom or let language prevent you to share your passion or stop you from becoming part of this idea fueled therapy session! ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

This topic can only gain more weight if more people share their ideas and views as you have, thank you for them!

Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom