[mod] Hi-Res Character Models (NPCs, Monsters, Animals)

+
[mod] Hi-Res Character Models (NPCs, Monsters, Animals)

[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Description[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]This is a high-resolution texture pack for The Witcher, designed specifically to work hand-in-hand with Master of Darkness' Texturen mod. This mod "fills in the blanks" and adds higher resolutions to almost all NPC's, monsters, and animals in the game. The Texturen mod gave us high-res landscapes, buildings, trees, etc... but since characters and monsters were not included, this left us with better looking environments with the population looking a bit dull in contrast. Now with this hi-res character package, almost everything in The Witcher will look very high-def in comparison to the original game. The most notable changes to characters come by the way of outfits; now leathers look more realistic, metals more metallic, and creases and stitching are much more detailed.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Features[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]- All NPC's, monsters, and animals have been given high resolution textures. It is important to note that while many characters will look exceptional now, not all will be equal. This is because not all were created equal in the original game, with some NPC's having higher vanilla textures than others (a good example is to take a look at Kalkstien's outfit in the original game in comparison to Shani). This difference has been inherited by this texture pack due to restrictions beyond my control, however the differences are slim, as all characters have been improved significantly.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Installation[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]Unpack the ZIP file, then take all of the extracted files and put the loosely into your override directory (so they will be right there with all of the files installed from the Texturen mod. Do NOT place the extracted folder named "Characters" into your override directory as a whole, as that will conflict with other mods I've made. Just dump all of the included individual files right into your override. If you do not yet have an override directory, then simply create one in the \data folder in your main game directory.NOTE: I highly recommend installing the Texturen mod along with this one. If you do not then the result will be bland looking landscapes in contrast to the character models. Basically, with both mods installed just about everything in the game will now be high-res.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Credits & Special Thanks[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]The Witcher "Hi-Res Character Models" made by Roxtar.I would like to thank Master Of Darkness for creating his Texturen mod, otherwise I'd have a lot more work to do before this pack would be complete! I'm glad I had the opportunity to pick up where he left off and finish making this game look it's best.Last but certainly not least, I want to thank witsw and Corylea for giving me the information I needed to learn how to mod this game, or I'd still be trying to figure out how to export the .DDS files![size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Use My Work, Please![/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]If any other modders want to use any of the work I've done on the Black Edition for your own projects, feel free to use whatever you want. We really need more mods for this great game, and I encourage anyone willing to join in and help. [size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Screen Shots[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]
Sorry, I don't have any before/after shots of the monsters and animals because getting them in the same position with decent and similar lighting twice in a row would take forever. However, I can assure you that all monsters and animal went through the same processes that I used to make the NPC's look better, so they all look just as good in-game as the people do.[size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size] [size=14pt]Download[/size][size=12pt]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size]Click to download at ModDB

Great.Must-have mod.What method did you use? Is it real hi-res, meaning bigger size texture or sharpen filter?

The method I used was the "smart sharpen" filter because it gives you more control than regular sharpen. I changed the setting based on what I was dealing with (more sharpen on clothes / less on face to make skin look smooth / heavier sharpen on overly burred stuff, etc.)I checked some of MoD's textures from the Texturen mod and compared to vanilla, and they appeared to be same size in pixels, just sharper... so I followed suit so when both mods are combined all looks congruent.Making everything look like it was supposed to go together was my main goal.

Very fine.Something that bother me though, even in vanilla, for triss is the line that cut the head from the body ;) No way to fix this? ^^Thanks

Looks mostly improved from vanilla. The topic name is a bit misleading however, since strictly speaking you're not touching the models.

Top Bottom