Hardest difficulty is pretty easy. Game is not balanced.

+
Cyberpunk 2077 is way too easy. The AI is actually good and functioning IMO - they do what they need to do; they surround and take cover plus they have good aim surprisingly and net-runners to scatter the diversity of enemies. The problem is their health can't compete against my perks and overall DPS.

I'm doing 1.3 million damage with the Quasar (I believe that's how it's spelt) against enemies that don't even have CLOSE to that as health.

When you stack nothing but Armadillo mods you're pretty much an invincible tank. The game itself will kill you before the enemies ever have the chance. The difficulty should scale better and Adam Smasher should have an instant kill move. Stuff like that. Maybe AIs have more health and can shield and heal their allies?

What's the point of having this DPS if I'm not rewarded for the attribute & perk builds that I assembled? New Game Plus is vital for me to continue playing regularly because at this point all three of my characters are gods that are given no challenge in an otherwise brilliant and unique gaming experience.

They broke the game with crafting if I'm being completely open about it... but I don't want to complain about crafting because it's such a fun element of the game.

Last edited:
Check out this video of Prenatural beating the final mission without any attribute or perk allocation. He essentially just went in at the max level with a shock stick.

Spoiler warning for the video :

The most important emphasis for the devs to make improvements is definitely the boss fight.

If you don't cheese or spoil it, Sekiro is to me perfect example of challenging difficulty done right without being too hard or frustrating. Every game should follow it's steps.

I want games to be hard but NEVER should an RPG or adventure game just one hit kill you. No matter the difficulty, the player should always take three or four hits at least, before going down. And enemies should also need two or three hits to kill no matter your level. That to me is the start of a well balanced engaging combat.

So remove one hit kills and one hit deaths entirely, make stealth and hacking way more limited and just habilities that get the player an initial combat upperhand but not a way to avoid combat entirely.

Then balance the skills and remove anything overpowered or useless.

Make all weapons slower, melee and ranged.

With the above the game would already be 500% better in terms if balance.

Seems pretty easy to fix, or at least make waaaay better than now.

It's really hard if you run around naked without any weapon at lvl 1. I don't suggest doing that.
And try fight a horde of NCPD... Their ninjutsu is to be feared of.

If you don't cheese or spoil it, Sekiro is to me perfect example of challenging difficulty done right without being too hard or frustrating. Every game should follow it's steps.

If game difficulty is all about pumping stats, it will fail most of the time in terms of balance. I think biggest issue of Cyberpunk difficulty lvl is lack of depth mechanics to play around. Its easy to somehow rebalance stats, but even perfectly balanced stats wont make this game less "braindead" easy in terms of mechanics.

Critical damage, critical chance and damage behind walls are the three main culprits here. Disabling crits all together for bullets passing through walls is a good way to bring choice while fighting. You either find a way to properly reposition your character for a clean shot, or your bullet's potential will be reduced to base damage.

And of course, 100% crit chance should not be a thing, ever, no matter your build or weapon.

Critical damage, critical chance and damage behind walls are the three main culprits here. Disabling crits all together for bullets passing through walls is a good way to bring choice while fighting. You either find a way to properly reposition your character for a clean shot, or your bullet's potential will be reduced to base damage.

And of course, 100% crit chance should not be a thing, ever, no matter your build or weapon.
I really agree with you, 100%.
I honestly think you pointed out everything that's at the core of this game's balance issues. There's others obviously but looking into those three and fixing them would make a huge improvement to the experience.

And yes, 100% crit chance is nonsense and breaks the whole concept of a crit "chance".
The highest it could ever get should be around 30% (which is already pretty massive).

To be fair, I've never been a big fan of RNG related crit, and while it's essential in certain games (like Souls game, for exemple, because there's little to no way to target a part of an enemy's body) it's not the case in CP which is designed like a shooter.

i dont get all that obsession with numbers... i play with them turned off... headshot is a headshot... it doesnt really matter if its 500DMG or 5million as long as it kills the enemy...

i dont get all that obsession with numbers... i play with them turned off... headshot is a headshot... it doesnt really matter if its 500DMG or 5million as long as it kills the enemy...
The problem isn't so much for enemies you're supposed to kill with a headshot but those who don't.
Against those, "primarily designed to be more chalenging" enemies, dealing 10k or 5 million damage is a big deal since the second will destroy anything ever no matter what while the first wouldn't (I mean, if you design your enemies to be able to sustain 10k damage obviously, I'm just giving you random numbers for the example).

You're not supposed to kill everything in one headshot, especially in a game designed like CP, because resiliency is part of what's gonna represent the chalenge of quiet a lot of foes.

See it like the ability to one shot a boss...Legitimate problem isn't it?

game is easy when you are loaded, also this is a rpg mind you. you level up, you get good gear and better perks and you shred. however, game is not balanced. specially when you are max level and fight the endgame boss or when game tells you it's safe to do the fist fight quests.

I want games to be hard but NEVER should an RPG or adventure game just one hit kill you. No matter the difficulty, the player should always take three or four hits at least, before going down. And enemies should also need two or three hits to kill no matter your level. That to me is the start of a well balanced engaging combat.

So remove one hit kills and one hit deaths entirely, make stealth and hacking way more limited and just habilities that get the player an initial combat upperhand but not a way to avoid combat entirely.

Then balance the skills and remove anything overpowered or useless.

Make all weapons slower, melee and ranged.

With the above the game would already be 500% better in terms if balance.

Seems pretty easy to fix, or at least make waaaay better than now.

Even Sekiro was broken at launch. Senpou leaping kicks were overpowered.

I think it is too easy if you go about it like the game wants. However it can become hard if stray from that - at least in the begging. Like, I took one of the cyberpsychos at lvl 12 (normal difficulty) and I emptied every sniper rifle bullet I had in the inventory into her head and she was still at 60% health. Then I just stunlocked her with Satori (5 attacks per second) until she died after minute or two. That was like 15 minute battle.

There is a clear line between a First person RPG and a FPS Simulator. Cyberpunk is an Role playing game first and foremost, so, numbers, armor, stats, RNG, perks and any other RPG jargon are all supposed to have their place.

I really agree with you, 100%.
I honestly think you pointed out everything that's at the core of this game's balance issues. There's others obviously but looking into those three and fixing them would make a huge improvement to the experience.

And yes, 100% crit chance is nonsense and breaks the whole concept of a crit "chance".
The highest it could ever get should be around 30% (which is already pretty massive).

To be fair, I've never been a big fan of RNG related crit, and while it's essential in certain games (like Souls game, for exemple, because there's little to no way to target a part of an enemy's body) it's not the case in CP which is designed like a shooter.

Well said. The Crit chance % is one of the biggest balancing issues as thats where the over the top dmg numbers are just yeeting the most powerful enemies straight past the Blackwall.

You're not supposed to kill everything in one headshot, especially in a game designed like CP, because resiliency is part of what's gonna represent the chalenge of quiet a lot of foes.

See it like the ability to one shot a boss...Legitimate problem isn't it?
I have never seen anyone get shot clean in the head and get up hiphopping about like it's nothing. I don't want to see this in games either; it's stupid.

If you don't want to be over powered, stop using cyberware, mods, quickhacks, smart weapons, tech weapons, melee weapons, blades & stat boosting perks..

I'm having a great experience over here. Just relying on standard weapons & tactics.. Using logic & realism.

I also turned off the numbers before I even started my first save.. Don't understand why people have that stuff enabled then turn around and talk immersion..

I think that the game is not too easy, and even better if they make the IA a little more smart.
There are gamebreaking weapons, hacks and enhancement and I think is good that we have the possibility to use them or not (and in which way).

Played as a standard shooter I don't think is very easy (played far easier games out there): in my second run with only ping and gorilla arms + shotgun/pistol, I've been killed many times on very hard.
When AI works, enemies hacks you a lot (if you don't disable quickly cameras or them), have good precision, try to circle you and mix snipers/gunners/melee and grenades to make you run.
Even smart weapons do far less DP on chest and limbs if you don't aim to the head (and when they run is not that easy).

First big gunplay in Act I (one of the blue ones) against 10 enemies lasted at least 20 minutes and I had to sweat a lot, changing frequently covers.

It's not F.E.A.R., but it's not CoD too...

EDIT: guys, I can say that even Doom and Doom: Eternal are easy when you start to feel the flow... I think it is more about tastes/opinions and the using of gamebreaking things than a real balance of things (which I think is very difficult to obtain in a game like this).

Last edited:
If you don't want to be over powered, stop using cyberware, mods, quickhacks, smart weapons, tech weapons, melee weapons, blades & stat boosting perks..

Saying a mechanic is overpowered proves that balance is required. All paths to victory should have pro's and con's.

I was able to one shot enemies with 0 perks and not putting any points in attributes on very hard just by headshotting with the revolver.
CDPR is not going to fix this It also doesn't help that most people struggle with doing basic things in video games. So you will have tons of people on this forum protesting and defending the difficulty. I seen some people on here say this game is challenging, and you have people in this thread saying it's fine.

There is a clear line between a First person RPG and a FPS Simulator. Cyberpunk is an Role playing game first and foremost, so, numbers, armor, stats, RNG, perks and any other RPG jargon are all supposed to have their place.
i agree there is a clear line between those two genre and there is a clear understanding Cyberpunk is not an RPG :)

Top Bottom