January update

+
Since we are about mid-January and we are supposed to be seeing a big update soon-ish, I wish there were something from the Devs as a heads-up on what we might expect to see and about how much longer until the January update. I know many people are guessing end of January, but whose to say they aren't almost done and it gets released this weekend or next week?

I've really tried to play as little as possible so that I can experience the update without spoilers of already having played through content, especially if the update has some pretty drastic changes to gameplay and story options or something.

Up until now i've been keeping busy by trying to find the unmarked crates/locations, i've found some rather nice things that really upped the immersive experience the game has the offer, like
  • the little container with the sattelite dishes on top, belonging to the homeless guy wanting to become the baddest netrunner out there
littlecontainer.jpg

Just like the abandoned movie set, hell lake i think it was called, these things really add to the cp2077 experience.

Also the parkouring is just too much fun, partly because you stumble on so many holes in the map it's unreal :D

Don't think you will see story options in these next two updates. As far as I'm aware these are just to fix the issues mainly on last gen consoles and possibly major bug fixes on all. My guess we will be waiting till like March or so to get any improvements to actual gameplay. Then there would need to be reworks of AI systems. But they did say In the Night City wire episodes that we would be getting a true next gen update later in the year.

FkzAz

Forum regular
Don't think you will see story options in these next two updates. As far as I'm aware these are just to fix the issues mainly on last gen consoles and possibly major bug fixes on all. My guess we will be waiting till like March or so to get any improvements to actual gameplay. Then there would need to be reworks of AI systems. But they did say In the Night City wire episodes that we would be getting a true next gen update later in the year.

Ah Night City Wire... The Next Evolution in RPG Gamming...

Now those were the days...

I haven't played since December. I look forward to the update, but there are other games out there to keep occupied with. I only expect fixes to the current content. If you're expecting more than that, I think you're in for some disappointment.

I haven't played since December. I look forward to the update, but there are other games out there to keep occupied with. I only expect fixes to the current content. If you're expecting more than that, I think you're in for some disappointment.

It is the curse of 2020. not about the game :)

Since we are about mid-January and we are supposed to be seeing a big update soon-ish, I wish there were something from the Devs as a heads-up on what we might expect to see and about how much longer until the January update. I know many people are guessing end of January, but whose to say they aren't almost done and it gets released this weekend or next week?

I've really tried to play as little as possible so that I can experience the update without spoilers of already having played through content, especially if the update has some pretty drastic changes to gameplay and story options or something.
Would not hold your breath for new content, they are strictly trying to get it to RUN on consoles and get back on PSN. But I want to play the story without bugs breaking the immersion, especially for the story parts.

But it will be the same exact game, just hopefully stable on console.

I’m just hoping for this type of after release communication and comeback:

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for CDPR :)

don't expect this; you'll only set yourself up for disapointment
cd projekt red isn't the same as they were before; they'll do the minimum to make sure cyberpunk is back on consoles, then move on (they already set records in sales, so cyberpunk is a hit, time to move onto the next project)

DC9V

Forum veteran
As far as I'm aware these are just to fix the issues mainly on last gen consoles and possibly major bug fixes on all.
Exactly. The January and February patch were referring to the console version. The PC version was mentioned as postscriptum, but updates will more likely appear in the size of hotfixes.

Guys plz ... Be a bit realistic.

January AND February update (if they both even happen) will only address performance issues and bugfixes, mostly for consoles.
There will nothing change that is worth waiting for.

The game is finished so far.

Just play the story until you get bored and then wait.
Several months up to an year... maybe even more.
There will be no major updates in the near future.

If they had something crazy up their sleeves. Someone would have already leaked it or datamined...

All we can do is wait. The next Patch will tell us definitely what to expect in the future from CDPR patch wise.

What we got so far wheren't 'patches', they where 'hotfixes'.A Hotfix is generally a quickly released solution to some very specific, very game breaking bug. I.E missions that corrupt your savefile, scenarios that delete your inventory etc.

On the other hand, the 'patch/update's' they promised for january and february are meant to be so significant that they literally asked customers to 'wait' for those and that they hope we stay loyal until then. In that sense they've put that pressure on themselves. Either these patches will deliver substantial improvements across all boards, or CDPR's reputation is permanently terminated.

will only address performance issues and bugfixes
There is a lot of simple fixes to make like what components you get from dismantling versus crafting or how much is needed for upgrades etc. Then you can improve some UI, text on mods, clarify what should stack what should not. Balance some numbers etc. That can give an incentive for a new playthrough with a new dynamic or options to go for perks that did not work before.

All we can do is wait. The next Patch will tell us definitely what to expect in the future from CDPR patch wise.

What we got so far wheren't 'patches', they where 'hotfixes'.A Hotfix is generally a quickly released solution to some very specific, very game breaking bug. I.E missions that corrupt your savefile, scenarios that delete your inventory etc.

On the other hand, the 'patch/update's' they promised for january and february are meant to be so significant that they literally asked customers to 'wait' for those and that they hope we stay loyal until then. In that sense they've put that pressure on themselves. Either these patches will deliver substantial improvements across all boards, or CDPR's reputation is permanently terminated.
yea and patience is cool I get it, but they also got my $60 I have faith , but the progress needs to be faster - any other studio I would promptly get my refund, and I kinda wish I did now cause it is taking too long

I don't care I didn't pay TO WAIT to have my full priced game FIXED - I Paid to play a finished game

Top Bottom