Security Cameras not staying disabled

+
Ah -- curious! I just did a mission yesterday, and I was almost sure I had disabled a camera that later spotted me when I returned to the same area. Thought that maybe I had inadvertently reactivated it or something.

I'd report these to CDPR Support -- especially if you can identify the mission / camera location.

Woah, thought I was crazy or that they made the game work that way (which makde little sense but bugs galore so you know), you hack it or turn it off but if you then control it making it akin to resetting it, interesting logical bug, thought I was alone in that bug or was losing my mind from so many bugs already lol
Yeah, its one of those that you think might sound like it is working as intended just describing it. But when you see it visually in game is when it feels off. I've definitely started always scouting first then disabling afterwards cause I just don't trust the cams in game anymore.
Post automatically merged:

Ah -- curious! I just did a mission yesterday, and I was almost sure I had disabled a camera that later spotted me when I returned to the same area. Thought that maybe I had inadvertently reactivated it or something.

I'd report these to CDPR Support -- especially if you can identify the mission / camera location.
I've posted up a few things in these forums but never really found any specific bug reporting area. Is there a link to it cause I thought the CDPR Support was for more general or technical related things more so than game bugs?

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

(Game bugs need to be categorized, hence the system here of following the most logical pathway and ensuring it's not being caused by some configuration setting or something. For this one, you'll want to focus on "gameplay", as this is almost 100% a bug.)

Well in my playthrough if I used system to disable all cameras, they can still detect me when they are supposed to be off. If I use my kiroshi to scan them, they are off, I need to turn them on first then turn them off again for them to be disabled and not detect me. Now I no longer use system to turn all off. Doing it one by one.

I dont understand it either. Security cameras immediately turn back on if youre discovered, and combat begins. Unles you physically disable with gun, or Mechanics

Not a bug. Enemies can them back on or take control of it again.
Except that the cameras are still clearly labeled as "OFF" when you go to turn them off again at a terminal.. Definitely a bug, or oversight.

Happens with ALL cameras.

mmm it happens to me sometimes, but I thought that the enemies reactivate them: I've also seen enemies going near the camera just before it reactivated.

And trying to kill a netrunner, I disabled cameras but he reactivated them from the distance.

Thus I thought it was working the way intended...

I've had that happen to me a few times, but I'm almost certain it's a bug. I will very often take control of a camera, scope out the area / mark targets I want to track, etc., then deactivate the camera I had hijacked.

On a few, odd occasions, it would then re-activate and/or be the camera that detects me...even though it's off. I'll see the red lasers coming out of it, but the camera unit itself is still in the "closed" position.

I would say that such behavior is not the intent. Almost completely, maybe, with some incomplete level of certainty a bug.

Turn them all frendly (it may take a while) will suffice, they will never spot you as an enemy

True, true. Another glitch: disabled cameras will actually cause the "Body identified..." message to pop up if you leave one in their range. This occurs if the camera was disabled and a save loaded afterwards. No visual cue to let you know the camera is spotting the body. But then again, it shouldn't be able to so...

Also, too:
There are almost always a few desktop computers or laptops throughout each area that will let you access / cycle through / turn on-and-off whole networks of cameras and turrets at once.

Turn them all frendly (it may take a while) will suffice, they will never spot you as an enemy
This seems to play out the same way as when you remotely disable, or quickhack them.. If you initiate combat for example, all cameras immediately reactivate, unless theyve been physically diabled via gunshot, or Engineering turn off each camera on the camera itself. After youve finished clearing the area, or even during combat, you can try to hack again, and see that friendly mode is unavailable for quickhack (because its been done), or go back to the computer terminal and see that cameras are still set to "OFF"

This seems to play out the same way as when you remotely disable, or quickhack them.. If you initiate combat for example, all cameras immediately reactivate, unless theyve been physically diabled via gunshot, or Engineering turn off each camera on the camera itself. After youve finished clearing the area, or even during combat, you can try to hack again, and see that friendly mode is unavailable for quickhack (because its been done), or go back to the computer terminal and see that cameras are still set to "OFF"
I dont know in my game didnt work like this, if the camera are frieldly they stay friendly

This sounds like it may be working as intended. I would imagine triggering open combat would immediately (officially) reactivate any functional defenses. That may not be a bug.

It's when the player is un-detected, or manages a stealth takedown in front of a disabled or "friendly" camera, and then that camera magically alerts all of known creation within the mission area, that seems like a bug.

the fact that there's SO MUCH CONFUSION surrounding this issue is PROOF that there's an issue here... regardless of explanation, security cameras in Cyberpunk 2077 are NOT WORKING as expected. we're not born yesterday. we've been playing video games for decades. we've seen stealth games before. we've seen security systems before. but the stealth and security in Cyberpunk is not behaving in a coherent, consistent, or reliable manner. this means that stealth gameplay is effectively broken in any areas with security systems.

it shouldn't be this difficult. when you DEACTIVATE a camera it should be off indefinitely. until you completely leave the area and the zone resets. period end of story. the time limit for cameras turning back on should ONLY apply to the Big Sleep daemon. the daemon actually says that it will only function for 3 or 6 minutes. ANY other manual deactivation should be indefinite. simple.

I don't see this as a bug at all. You USING the device to scout turns the device back on. What should be done is the option to control be greyed out unless you first turn it back on.

As much as I found it convenient game play for how I was playing my character (as relative for the time technophobic that "don't trust no complicated electronics") just shooting the cameras SHOULD alert who ever is watching the feed...

But what ever I was happy to see I could shoot them and get the job done by "stealth".
Heavy handed brut force "stealth", but still...

This is a reminder to everyone not to start assuming that your own, personal experience with the game is absolute.

Remember -- just because I see a bug doesn't mean everyone else will. Just because I don't see a bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist for others. Speak about your experiences, and be sure you are not trying to speak for anyone else.

Back on the issue, the following makes sense:
1.) I deactivate a camera using a hack or computer.
2.) I get detected by something else.
3.) Any deactivated cameras come back online.

The following does not make sense:
1.) I deactivate a camera using a hack or computer.
2.) I remain undetected, and that same camera suddenly reactivates and detects me -- from the closed position -- with no "scanning animation" playing -- as the camera remains in the closed position and the laser-lines remain stationary and red.

The following makes even less sense:
1.) I destroy a camera outright.
2.) I am later detected by the destroyed camera. I see the stationary, red laser-lines coming from the completely destroyed camera.

I have seen the game working as clearly designed, and I have seen both of the other situations in my game. I believe there is clearly an issue with the game detecting when cameras should be permanently deactivated.

There is another issue with the cameras as well.
When you hack them using Breach protocol and the camera shutdown ice pick (dont know now the name), and then turn it off manually via engineering skill or computer, they will automatically turn on after the ice pick daemon time has passed.

Top Bottom