About controls.

+
Hello everyone. I've finished the game walkthrough (and all the sidequests) a few days ago, after 159 hours of playing and realized that i have a few suggestions (requests) about game controls.

1. Let us to configure all the controls, including "interaction" key (i prefer E, but it's impossible to change it from F) and all menu navigation keys.

2. Allow smoother car controls. What it means? When we hit "W" it won't instantly apply 100% of acceleration, but increase it from 0% to 100% in 0.5-1 sec. and so on with other keys.

3. Allow car steering with mouse movement. Allow to configure steering sensitivity and camera sensitivity. Also variants of car camera mode: mouse-camera always on (so if steering is ON, on turn right or left we'll also look to this side) or mouse-camera activation by holding hotkey.
It will make car controlling much more smooth and comfortable.

4. Allow us to look at V in 3'd person (in photomode) during conversations. So we can see her/him in unusual poses for photomode and make much more beautiful screenshots.

5. Add Tobii Eyetracker Native support (if CDPR will contact Tobii, they will gladly provide all resources for implementation Native support of eyetracking devices; unfortunately it's their policy that players must convince devs to contact Tobii). I think that eyetracking will benefit the gameplay a lot as it did to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (you can see youtube for examples). Being able to scan objects at gaze, mark at gaze, aim at gaze, interact at gaze, light adjustment at gaze would be really awesome. Also extended view (by gaze or by head movement), especially inside car will be very-very useful (especially when steering with mouse).
Or at least add headtracking system for headtracking devices.

P.s. I understand that CDPR have their hands full with fixing the game now... But maybe someday, something of this will be implemented (especiall eyetracking i hope). So no hurry (i think we can wait a few months or even a year) if dev's will see this post. Just keep in mind this info. :)

So guys, what do you think about this suggestions?

1. This shouldn't be difficult to do and in fact, you can already edit inputmapping.xml and options.json to create custom keybinds. This is not without technical difficulty however. I have attempted to create a walk toggle key and there are all sorts of problems with it. Diagonal movement speed is affected when you change strafe speed. I can't figure out how to create a toggle key in game even though it is clearly possible (there are toggles for crouch, scan and sprint). Attempting to script toggle behaviour in AHK causes loads of issues, especially when using modifier keys because IfWinActive just doesn't work for some reason.

Another problem is that if the game is ever patched or you need to verify your game installation, it will throw an error that user input mapping has been corrupted and reset all your options (graphics, sound, gameplay, keybinds, everything).

2. I think this is a car handling thing and is specific to each car. Some cars have mad acceleration like the Quadra V Tech and lurch forward whenever you press W. This is one of those things where car acceleration just works better with a gamepad since you have analogue trigger paddles and can control how much you accelerate by how much you feather the triggers. I don't know of an elegant way to do this with mouse + keyboard.

3. This sounds kinda horrible? One of the things I do when attempting 3 point turns is mouse look through the front door windows to see that I'm not about to reverse into incoming traffic. If you steer with the mouse you can't mouse look.

4. 3rd person photomode in dialogue can't be done because V's model is only rigged to display correctly for first person, other than some bespoke third person animations (which you only see in the endings).

This is the reason why photomode has preset poses and doesn't work like photomode in third person games like Warframe, where you can move around freely, fast forward and rewind until your character is in just the right pose.

5. Can't really comment since I don't know how eye tracking works. In theory it should be doable since the viewport is mounted on V's neck, in the head mesh.

Last edited:
3. This sounds kinda horrible? One of the things I do when attempting 3 point turns is mouse look through the front door windows to see that I'm not about to reverse into incoming traffic. If you steer with the mouse you can't mouse look.

5. Can't really comment since I don't know how eye tracking works. In theory it should be doable since the viewport is mounted on V's neck, in the head mesh.

3. That is the point. I've described (maybe not clearly enough) that with both options steering with mouse and camera look with mouse you will, for example steer left and look left at the same time (and you'll be able to synchronize it with adjusting sensitivities).
You'll be able steer OR look with mouse when camera look will be set on hotkey...
Or turn steering with mouse off and control car only with keyboard.

5. Just look into "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with eyetracking" on youtube. You'll be pleasantly surprized how awesome it is. :)

I would also like to suggest changing control mappings option for console players. I usually use a bumper-jumper tactical scheme as it gives me greater movement control whilst on controller, hate having to use “o” and “X” on PlayStation for jump and crouch, combat could feel a lot faster.
Another suggestion I have is also to use
camera controls, helps the RTX 30 fps mode on next gen to not feel as laggy or slow, been having a great time playing it on that mode.

Top Bottom