Bad lag and FPS drops after playing a while (PC)

+
i meant its not ram issue maybe GPU VRAM
Almost certainly not.
Radeon RX580 w/8 gigs VRAM here. Watching hardware monitors, CP2077 holds quite steady using almost all of it. However, the system RAM usage keeps climbing and climbing and climbing. Temps are also staying fairly stable both on the gfx card and the CPU.
On several occasions I've actually had Windows complain about running out of memory, which is ridiculous. That's all about system RAM. And when I say, "Shut up, it's fine," the game generally has a CTD not long after.

It happens to me too, and it's not a GPU overheating problem, as my GPU actually runs cooler than normal when it happens. This means it is not beaing taxed as much, so the drop in performance comes from somewhere else (code).

Almost certainly not.
Radeon RX580 w/8 gigs VRAM here. Watching hardware monitors, CP2077 holds quite steady using almost all of it. However, the system RAM usage keeps climbing and climbing and climbing. Temps are also staying fairly stable both on the gfx card and the CPU.
On several occasions I've actually had Windows complain about running out of memory, which is ridiculous. That's all about system RAM. And when I say, "Shut up, it's fine," the game generally has a CTD not long after.
main is RTX2080S 8gb too. never ran from system ram (32gb), however my vram is always near the 8gb

I also seem to have the same issue. It takes around 1 hour to 1.5 hours and then the performance drops by half.

Specs
RTX 2080 Super
i7 4790k
16g ram
Running the game on 1440p resolution.

Last edited:
I noticed this issue also after a few hours of gaming, the performance dips and I have to restart my game :(

Specs:
2700x
3060 TI
16g ram

Same thing is happening to me. Have to restart the game every time it happens and it's very annoying.

I7-9700k
Rx 5700XT Red Devil
16gb ram

Same here. Super annoying. Playing on a 10700K and RTX 3080 at Ultra settings with Ray Traced Reflections and Lighting (on Medium).

I notice my GPU will draw 320W+ as reported by MSI Afterburner when the game runs as it should and will drop to ~270W when ithe game decides to shit the bed (which for me seems to be a lot sooner than I've seen others mention). In all other games I typically see a steady 320W+ as well.

same thing, i hope this gets fixed, i always need to restart the game everytime i play long sessions, just makes me paranoid whether the problem is coming from the game or something wrong with my pc

RTX 3080
32 GB RAM (16x2)
i7-10700KF @4.7GHz

What ram you using you could try low profile too
Nice thought, but no chance. If I could rotate the cooling fins block 90 degrees, the RAM slots could be used. However, the cooling block then won't let the case close LOL
I've considered taking some heat the the clear acrylic window to "bulge it out" a bit so I CAN rotate it.
Adding RAM is the only worthwhile upgrade to this machine. And, frankly, I HAVE run out of RAM when rendering large scenes in Blender. That's also partly the reason I upgraded my gfx card to one with 8 gig of VRAM. Also for video editing, so I can hold more in buffer for smoother playback. Went with an AMD RX580 cuz I couldn't find an nVidia card with 8 gigs within my alloted budget.
Next time tho, I'll stick with nVidia pretty much solely for CUDE. OpenCL can be VERY VERY slow for rendering, cuz it has to "compile kernals" before the actual rendering begins every time I make significant changes to a scene, or close and re-open software. This can easily double the render time, or more. Annoying, to say the least.

Sounds like the problem.. I've been having some time ago! Try to google ISLC software. It's from the guy who created DDU.

There are plenty of informations about this sw ;) give it a try man. GL

Sounds like the problem.. I've been having some time ago! Try to google ISLC software. It's from the guy who created DDU.

There are plenty of informations about this sw ;) give it a try man. GL
interesting. hmmmmm

Having the same issue as everyone else here. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one experiencing this. So I guess this has to do with bad optimization/memory leak? If so, the only fix for this is a big update in the future and until the update comes out, I will have played out the entire game, so there's really no point in trying to find a fix for this. Sucks.

My specs:
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
16 GB RAM

So I got this weird glitch which occurs lets say around 2-3 hours when you play in one session. Until then everything is fine I am getting solid 60+ FPS everywhere, but after two hours or so when I get into car and drive a bit I start to get this terrible lag and FPS drop all of the sudden and even when I exit the car and walk on foot the game is lagging and FPS drops to like 30-35, and then when I exit the game and restart it everything is fine again. Anyone experiencing same issues ? Any suggestions?

I am playing on PC/Ultra settings, without Raytracing

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600x
RTX 2080 Super
16GB RAM
Game installed on SSD
just a question,
do you use Wallpaper Engine?
thats what makes my performance drop after a while... but that almost happens on everygame i play
so i did turn it of when i play games and everything runs fine for hours and hours

just a question,
do you use Wallpaper Engine?
thats what makes my performance drop after a while... but that almost happens on everygame i play
so i did turn it of when i play games and everything runs fine for hours and hours
Thanks for the idea. Will try it out and see if it makes any difference. Don't think it will tho since I've been able to run all my other games just fine with Wallpaper Engine running in the background.

If you have strange video card issue check how it's powered. It must be two separate cables from power unit. Sometimes lazy vendors use 2 connectors split from the same cable and video card just dies under heavy load.

Top Bottom