DLC / Future Romance Ideas

+
First, I want to commend CD Projekt Red for making the existing romance & friendship options in Cyberpunk 2077 deep and believable. I find myself not wanting the relationships to end and will call Panam or Judy in hopes they will have something new to say, even though I've completed those arcs (they repeat the last video call dialog in their respective stories), which is a testament to strong character development, VO performances, and storytelling. I do occasionally still receive text messages from Judy on her travels, which is GREAT. I largely ignored the text messaging portion of the game until I had established friendships / romantic interests - then, I became engaged with both the video calls and the TMs. My first play through clocks in at 250 hours and I've already started my next with a different life path and gender.

Looking ahead to what CDPRED has in store for us, I thought it'd be fun to propose a few ideas:

AI Romantic Interest - the movie "her" with Joaquin Phoenix does a terrific job of exploring a relationship with an ever advancing, relational, non physical, artificial intelligence construct. Bladerunner 2049 introduced us to "Joi", a holographic AI companion to Joe. It would be fascinating to experience an AI having a vested interest/bond to the player, with various story arcs that could update into a friendly "Jimney Cricket" conscience, a buddy, or a romantic interest. To a certain extent, Jonny Silverhand is in this general direction, although he is derived from a real human being in the game and he isn't a romance option. However, I'd love to see an AI with the same level of emotional / psychological sophistication as what we see in the films mentioned above.

Reference links:

Pursued Romantic Interest - currently, the romance options involve the player as the one pursuing the relationship(s) in Cyberpunk 2077, but what if there was a character who pursued the player? This would open up a whole new host of opportunities with the dialog tree options (hook up/not interested/meaningful relationship) as well as the complications of a current romance partner meeting the new romance interest.

Reference links:

Continuation of Pre-Existing Romance - After all the time invested in my romantic interest, there should be a whole lot more adventures and relationship stakes to experience. As an example, I would LOVE IT if I could continue my journey alongside Panam. The game gets the player just past the point of hooking up before being "complete", which is sad because we never get to take on Night City together or experience having that special someone watching out for you. We do get a hint of this in the Panam option, which is really cool, but it's such a small part in the entire game. Also, it would be cool if romancing a character such as Panam could result in them living at your apartment or visiting it frequently. This would provide incentive for the player to return home for story / relationship progression, flirty / loving banter, fun surprises (Oh! I didn't expect you to be here....and that is one sexy outfit - pity for it to go to waste, etc.), your romantic partner leaving you notes or their personal items around your apartment - having someone to come home to, especially in a place like Night City would be great.

Reference links:

Anyway, there are many more ideas floating around, but at least this is a start. I'm curious what the dev team and the Cyberpunk community think about these approaches.

Interesting, the only "romantic" interest i find that V actively pursues as that is Panam, River i never felt it was going in that direction until dinner time and apart from a couple of remarks upon receiving the phone call to start Judys last mission and before you take the dive i never thought V pursued anything there either, if anything both Judy and River pursued you if you checked the right boxes.

Anyhow more contents always welcome

I'd love for Evelyn's engram to be in Clouds.

You could do a whole "Her" thing with her.

Maybe have her possess a doll.

...River i never felt it was going in that direction until dinner time and apart from a couple of remarks upon receiving the phone call to start Judys last mission and before you take the dive i never thought V pursued anything there either, if anything both Judy and River pursued you if you checked the right boxes.
I'll agree about River - relations with him boosts so spontaneous, that it doesn't feel plausible.
But Judy. For the first half of her questline she pursues Evelyn as her best friend (or more? who knows...), but later
when Evelyn passed
she turns to V, as the one who can support her. And if V will support Judy - here comes the feeling. So yeah, partially you're right about her too - she doesn't pursue V. It's about moving from both sides to start something amazing. :)

Subj: I totally agree - relations with other persons and romancing is one of the most important things in game (for many people). And i hope CDPR will improve and extend them.

What I find "beautiful" in the relationship V / Judy, is that the two have lost someone (Jackie and Evelyne) and that in their misfortunes two come closer and support each other.

Until the last mission, where they finally see each other to enjoy a moment for two.

I have to update my list.

1. Sandra Dorsett
sandra.jpg

She's so cute as she sits in her corner. Besides she seems like a really good person.

2. Theo Price
theo.jpg

Her best friend is a vending machine, I don't know how with that face, at least let V be her bff.

3. Claire
claire.jpg

All I can say is they are really kickin it out of the park in 2077 with those operations. Although her going on and on about how Dean was so much better is a bit offputting.

Top Bottom