I wish V had a garage

+
I remember some post on YouTube had a comment saying that there was some kind of garage that saved the vehicles for him. I'll edit this post with a link if a find the comment which also had the location of the garage. Also, this may depend on what you're playing on, but the megabuilding where V lives has a garage that saved a police car that I left in there. Suprised me when I got back there!

Where we could display all the vehicles we bought or collected over the course of the game.
Me too i would love that i can see all my vehichles, anyone has tried to drive all vehicles in the Megabuildng H10 Garage, save exit and restart game to see if all vehichles are still there?

"I WISH V HAD A GARAGE"
"Where we could display all the vehicles we bought or collected over the course of the game."

"Sadly I spent a good amount of time remote calling all owned vehicles to the street across from V's building and parking them in the attached multi level garage, only to have them despawn when I fast traveled from the building's NCART."

Tried this once too, but mine disappeared the moment they went beyond rendering range, let alone reload or relog. Same for stolen vehicles, they disappear too. Bout the only vehicles that can persist through rendering range, reload or relog, are police vehicles. Discovered that purely by accident. Napped a police car once as I was curious how it drove, the siren and everything. I drove it home into the parking lot, parked it there and signed out.

The next day I started playing, went to the parking lot, and to my surprise the police car was still there. Drove a little with it, tried out the siren which I could not get to work at first. Parked it again and left the parking lot to fetch the police car downstairs. Napped it, drove it into the parking lot, and parked it next to the other one. At this time had decided to nap every police car I could find, and fill the parking lot with them. Unfortunately could not fill the lot with my own vehicles, but the police cars would do nicely.

But when I napped a 3rd police car, and drove it to the parking lot, the 2nd police car was gone. It was the one parked downstairs across from the parking lot. Made a 2nd and 3rd attempt to nap it, but as it would disappear every time, gave up that one. There's another one on the other side of V's megatower parked alongside a closed off 1 line road that also disappears. But as I napped police cars left and right, I discovered at some point that "most" police cars will remain where you parked them throughout the rest of your game through reload, and even relog.

In the end, I was able to nap 33 police cars. :whistle:

20201231031052_1.jpg

20201231031101_1.jpg

If you wanna go for it, know that police cars still disappear when you progress the game, meaning, when you complete a main job, and maybe even a side job. I am guessing that there are 2 different police units. Units on watch, and units on location due to a call. That call could be anything. The vehicles of police units on location due to a call, will always disappear. They will never persist. Not even beyond rendering. Ignore those. It's the vehicles of units on watch that you want. (2 cops, 1 vehicle). Most of those will persist throughout the entire length of the game.

As the police car is almost always parked on a pedestrian walkway, wait for an opening in the crowds. When you snatch the car, rundown at least 1 of the cops, and preferably both of them, as they will immediately start shooting, doing exceptional damage to the car. They won't die, at least I don't think so. Probably.

Last edited:
It would be nice, maybe in an upcoming DLC.
Though I think most people would go there but once to look at their collection, then just go back to remote calling the one they always use when they need a vehicle. I'd rather an option to see the vehicles' stats, from acceleration to maneuverability to off-road etc, and have those stats accurately reflected when driving that car/bike.

"I WISH V HAD A GARAGE"
"Where we could display all the vehicles we bought or collected over the course of the game."

"Sadly I spent a good amount of time remote calling all owned vehicles to the street across from V's building and parking them in the attached multi level garage, only to have them despawn when I fast traveled from the building's NCART."

Tried this once too, but mine disappeared the moment they went beyond rendering range, let alone reload or relog. Same for stolen vehicles, they disappear too. Bout the only vehicles that can persist through rendering range, reload or relog, are police vehicles. Discovered that purely by accident. Napped a police car once as I was curious how it drove, the siren and everything. I drove it home into the parking lot, parked it there and signed out.

The next day I started playing, went to the parking lot, and to my surprise the police car was still there. Drove a little with it, tried out the siren which I could not get to work at first. Parked it again and left the parking lot to fetch the police car downstairs. Napped it, drove it into the parking lot, and parked it next to the other one. At this time had decided to nap every police car I could find, and fill the parking lot with them. Unfortunately could not fill the lot with my own vehicles, but the police cars would do nicely.

But when I napped a 3rd police car, and drove it to the parking lot, the 2nd police car was gone. It was the one parked downstairs across from the parking lot. Made a 2nd and 3rd attempt to nap it, but as it would disappear every time, gave up that one. There's another one on the other side of V's megatower parked alongside a closed off 1 line road that also disappears. But as I napped police cars left and right, I discovered at some point that "most" police cars will remain where you parked them throughout the rest of your game through reload, and even relog.

In the end, I was able to nap 33 police cars. :whistle:

View attachment 11141489

View attachment 11141492

If you wanna go for it, know that police cars still disappear when you progress the game, meaning, when you complete a main job, and maybe even a side job. I am guessing that there are 2 different police units. Units on watch, and units on location due to a call. That call could be anything. The vehicles of police units on location due to a call, will always disappear. They will never persist. Not even beyond rendering. Ignore those. It's the vehicles of units on watch that you want. (2 cops, 1 vehicle). Most of those will persist throughout the entire length of the game.

As the police car is almost always parked on a pedestrian walkway, wait for an opening in the crowds. When you snatch the car, rundown at least 1 of the cops, and preferably both of them, as they will immediately start shooting, doing exceptional damage to the car. They won't die, at least I don't think so. Probably.
They should totally make a news item out of this in one of the DLCs, footage and all.

Top Bottom