A little worrying

+
I agree, but it's understandable, their focus right now is on bringing the game back to the PS Store. After the February update, we should be looking for answers to the other problems
Sure I'd naturally expect them to focus on bugs, stability and the legacy console issue first, but like I said to not mention the other issues at all is a little worrying.

No it's not. He just wanted to say sorry and explain the whole situation. The fixes are gonna be explained later on when the roadmap goes further.

Sure I'd naturally expect them to focus on bugs, stability and the legacy console issue first, but like I said to not mention the other issues at all is a little worrying.
They said that they will be working on fixing up the game till the end of the year. As many bugs as there are, I don't think it's gonna take them all that time to fix them all. At some point, they will have to work on cut/extra content

They said that they will be working on fixing up the game till the end of the year. As many bugs as there are, I don't think it's gonna take them all that time to fix them all. At some point, they will have to work on cut/extra content
"Fix the game" can also mean that many things, that have been criticized, will be changed this year. I think we will see new story content/new romances next year with the paid DLC's. But many other things belongs to "fix the game". Otherwise we wouldn’t get three DLC's for free this year. But it's only my opinion

Yes I am glad to hear from them. But ignoring the larger problem to focus on the smaller problem doesn't inspire confidence.
My concern is in 6 months we'll have the same game without the bugs. That would be very disappointing.
That is all I want tbh
could it be more in depth and consequential sure, but I just want to play without crashing / terrible performance

images.jpg

You miss my point. I'm concerned there is no mention of the game's shortcomings beyond bugs and performance on legacy systems. To not mention it at all as a problem is concerning.

the game is at its basis what it was advertised to be, its not what many people hoped or thought it would be. There's a lot of fixes to systems they could do, but what people really want, is the game to push the boundaries of what games are capable of, in almost all respects. I would love it if they could do that, but that is a task rarely achieved, and even harder as production values go up. Square Enix literally said its not really possible to make ff7 world with todays production values.

The game pushed some boundaries, didnt push others, but minus bugs and errors, its about as much as you can get out of a 60$ 5-8year development game with no microtransactions. Also, even aside that, there is tons of subjective things, that some people like and others don't like. Can't fix those, thats just a choice of the creator

I watched and listened carefully to the message the CDPR CEO broadcasted through the video today and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed and feel like its a hopeless situation, like this is the final end of the road for Cyberpunk.

Us gamers have learned the hard lesson that we shouldn't read between the lines and interject our own personal hopes and dreams into a game when the developer doesn't explicitly made such a promise in writing, even when its hinted and reasonably inferred or all but assumed, we have to stop short of letting our imagination run wild and we must go by what is actually stated...

It isn't so much what the CEO said, it is what he did NOT say... He made zero mention of revamping the totally nonexistent AI, including the lacking NPC AI driving, the cop chase /stars system and also the AI of the NPC pedestrians and in general the true immersion of the game/city that was promised but never materialized...

There was zero mention of adding back content that was cut, nothing about adding back the train system, or the walk climbing, or dual welding or any number of dozens of features and functionalities that were promised in the numerous trailers but then suddenly abandoned and cut out at the very last minute in order to ship a broken and incomplete game under false pretenses just to pump up sales revenue for the holiday season....

So in essence, there will be a few bug fixes, but that's pretty much it.... you can tell by the tone of the CEO that in his mind the PC version is already pretty great and basically don't even need fixing, and the main focus will be on making the last gen consoles versions more playable...

What is most disheartening perhaps is towards the end of the video message the CEO is just brushing Cyberpunk aside and already on the verge of pimping to us the next new games/titles that CDPR has in the pipeline and in the works...

I for one will never again pre-order another game from CDPR, and most likely will never buy nor play another CDPR game ever again if their DLC ends up being just some more story telling missions and does nothing to fix the AI, to add back functionality that was in the trailer but cut out at last minute, or to make good on the immersion that was promised that would befit a city of this genre...

But if we are to take the CEO's own words at face value, there is no evidence that any of this will ever happen. The only thing he mentioned was bug fixes, primarily on the last gen consoles, and still refused to admit the PC version is also horribly broken in that its basically missing at least a full 1/3rds of the content/functionality/immersion that was cut out in order to rush the shipping date and also to load-shed the game enough to conform to the last gen consoles least common denominator...

It isn't about the money to me, I would gladly pay hundreds or thousands of bucks for a true NightCity that lived up to its full potential... but what we are hearing from the CEO today, is that they will do some bug fixes, push out a DLC with no mention of adding back cut functionality and content/ immersion, no mention of fixing AI, NPC, etc and basically just wrapping it up and now they already want to rinse and repeat and ready to sell us the NEXT game...

Fool me once....

NO... JUST NO. NEVER AGAIN.

I expected more of story content this year involving fans favorite characters, expanding more of the romances, maybe continuation of the story? Star ending was a huge cliffhanger.
Looks like they are planning to only focus on fixing the game this year but they will not add any of the missing content (and this is what majority of the people want).
So at the end of the day nobody will be pleased.

Top Bottom