Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Can someone explain why the GTX 1060 6GB is still listed in the requirements section as RECOMMENDED to run the game on steam? I can barely hit 40 fps on low/medium settings. How is that recoomended level?

I understand selective reading is all the rage with the outrage community, but you know that's not what I said. :rolleyes:

Missing content? Imaginary "cut content" from people who saw a piece of conept art, or read into something does not make something "missing content". This game isn't Skyrim. It isn't GTA. It was never meant to be. If you want to play those games, with their mechanics, then go play them. Anyone who played Witcher 3 knew what they were getting into with this game, and they delivered - well beyond what that game did.
GTA? What are you talking about. I'm talking about they things the game had before launch, the things that you can see in CDPR's promotional videos. Stuff like wall running, train system, they bragged about verticality and exploration, that on every corner you can fight something interesting to explore. Where is that? Where is the next gen AI that gives life to the city? You can buy BD's but you can't use them.

And on PC, the game doesn't even have a simple option like toggle ADS, an option that every FPS out there has.
I can give you 100 reasons and proof that this game is botched, you can't give me a single reason that it's not. "I played it and I found no bugs" ain't it sorry.
Of course everyone is free to agree or disagree. I disagree with you and consider you a troll. Have a great day ;)

Last edited:
Can someone explain why the GTX 1060 6GB is still listed in the requirements section as RECOMMENDED to run the game on steam? I can barely hit 40 fps on low/medium settings. How is that recoomended level?

Recommended does not guarantee 60fps. Its typically for running the game at moderate settings and getting moderate performance. Such as 40 fps in one of the most complex open world environments in gaming.

I guess Ill try reinstalling in a year.. I understand why silence is sometimes better than sharing priorities, because no one is happy. I agree bugs and performance should be fixed first.. I guess I was just hoping acknowledgement of the product released, vs the game that has been advertised over the years. See ya in a year I guess. I have faith in CDPR, but that faith has been shaken to its foundation. I dont buy shooters, and action games. I thought I was buying an "Immersive, fully interactive, rpg experience", and instead I got a looter shooter, with a skill tree...

I understand selective reading is all the rage with the outrage community, but you know that's not what I said. :rolleyes:

Missing content? Imaginary "cut content" from people who saw a piece of conept art, or read into something does not make something "missing content". This game isn't Skyrim. It isn't GTA. It was never meant to be. If you want to play those games, with their mechanics, then go play them. Anyone who played Witcher 3 knew what they were getting into with this game, and they delivered - well beyond what that game did.

Yeah it is not Skyrim, nor GTA V, but I did not see anyone saying so here. Just for you then, even tho it is on reddit, it actually have the timestamps https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/keg3lp Here. What is imaginary about it? Don't go starting with that it has work in progress and things might change. They were announcing content they would cut and deliberately did not mention other things they cut aswell. Makes sense, since they were major ones which they were boasting about in various videos and twitter posts.

I’m really glad bugs and glitches are being addressed but the rest is really nothing else than Corpo Speech.
Cyberpunk has some extensive issues that start at the foundations; the poorly created economy, cut content, AI, among others, are all key components to make the game enjoyable.
I feel like it’s only damaging their image how much they try to deflect some of the issues and only address what they want to.
I appreciate that they asked for people to not take it out on the dev team, but by now, we all know this was the consequence of poor management.
Also, this “explanation of the days before launch” tries really hard to make it sound like this was an issue that only became obvious right before launch... Cyberpunk spent 8 years in development, a poorly put together console version shouldn’t exist with a development cycle that long! Unless... management didn’t do its job.
This requires some maturity from the higher ups, address people with full disclosure, talk about your false advertisement; apologize for not allowing reviewers to show their own gameplay; address the cut content; explain to people when exactly in the game’s development cycle you decided to start all over again knowing the clock was ticking down and shareholders were getting nervous.
This is a YouTuber-level apology, only worse because it’s coming from a company; we were a few more bad decisions away from a clip of Marcin talking to his pet about how to start the apology video.

No CDPR, the game on PC is not perfect. And no, fixing bugs and making the game viable on consoles won't make it finished product. You need to try way harder than that so we can say you have some commitment to quality. There are simply way too many holes in every aspect of this game. The city is still far from being alive, there are still no activities to do in the city, romances are still empty after sex scene even if you mentioned before that isn't going to happen. The epilogue and endings are still rushed and unsatisfying. Dealing with bugs or adding new cars and clothes in free DLCs won't fix any of that problems.

Recommended does not guarantee 60fps. Its typically for running the game at moderate settings and getting moderate performance. Such as 40 fps in one of the most complex open world environments in gaming.
So what are minimum requirements for? Running the most complex open world environments in gaming at 15 fps? Come on, man.

GTA? What are you talking about. I'm talking about they things the game had before launch, the things that you can see in CDPR's promotional videos. Stuff like wall running, train system, they bragged about verticality and exploration, that on every corner you can fight something interesting to explore. Where is that? Where is the next gen AI that gives life to the city? And on PC, the game doesn't even have a simple option like toggle ADS, an option that every FPS out there has.
I can give you 100 reasons and proof that this game is botched, you can't give me a single reason that it's not. "I played it and I found no bugs" ain't it sorry.
Of course everyone is free to agree or disagree. I disagree with you and consider you a troll. Have a great day ;)

Wall running was specifically removed because of the restrictions it placed on level design. They literally explained that. It severely inhibited what they could do with environment design all for a gameplay mechanic that's tied to one piece of cyberware. That's a design decision, not cut content.

They never promised a train system. You saw trains in a CGI trailer, and concept art, and YOU assumed there would be trains.

Verticality and exploration are in the game. Again, you must not have made it past the prologue. Anyone who seriously plays this game understands how ludicrous this claim is.

There is something interesting in every corner of the map. Again, try playing beyond the prologue.

The AI on PC is not only legion, they are very complex. On console they are few and far between, and use simpler processing instructions due to the severe hardware limitations. Nothing new. To be expected. If you want the definitive experience, you have to play on a high end PC. This is a next gen game after all.

Oh no, no option to toggle ADS? Gee someone grab me a refund. So game breaking. Can't continue. The petty nitpicking is truly a marvel to witness.

100 reasons? My friend you've struggled to give me 6 above. Don't overestimate yourself.

Just because I'm pointing out facts that don't align with what you want to hear doesn't make me a troll. I've got no dog in this race, however I'm also not in the business of slandering a company and a game because it didn't live up to my own self created hype. I don't play CDPR games looking for a GTA experience and complain and whine when it doesn't live up to that. Same can't be said for most of the vocal minority trying to tear down this company and game.

So what are minimum requirements for? Running the most complex open world environments in gaming at 15 fps? Come on, man.

Minimum requirements are for running the game at low settings and expecting moderate fps. Typically around 30. Are you being serious here?

I am not impressed with this video mainly because I haven't heard anything in terms of improving the game, as in game systems, until march, and even then it is very questionable which issues will be addressed. Most of the fixes as far as I can see are connected to bug fixing and stability.

I have finished the game three times already, 1st time as male street kid, then as male corpo and finally female nomad. My game had a few bugs and other similar issues but what frustrates me the most are things like the criminally designed wanted system, illogical and bad crafting, lackluster character appearance customization (mostly inventory, but also character customization in terms of having a barber or a hairdresser), questionable itemization, NPC AI, driving AI, vehicle handling, enemy scaling and many other quality of life missing features like key rebinding, mini map zoom out when driving and other issues that have been well documented on this forum. When we will hear about these things? Will the developers at least address these issue or maybe post something whether they will be fixing these things at all? Are they even aware these things are problematic? The explanation in the video about these issues is vague at best. That is why it would be much better if the developers didn't post anything other then full overview of the situation. Instead, in my opinion, they gave us a hasty response which is mostly focused on damage control for the console players. That is not the way you should do it, especially since there are other issues that require your attention and are equally important.

I really hope we will get some information about the things I have mentioned in the nearby future because these system are what makes the game what it is and if these issues are not mended then this game will be forever flawed, or better yet, it will seem unfinished.

I've played 200 hrs in total (base ps4) and I totally agree with you. The enemies should scale with the character level and the cars are hard to operate. I even connected my PS Wheel (it works in CP races), but it was the same as on the gamepad.
And I would like to have a romance line with Judi as a male character as well. Players should decide by themselves which romance line to choose, straight, homo or bisexual.
And the story line of the talking gun should be continued ) Playing with Skippy was so fun! I returned it hoping to get it back on some point. (

I expect a photo with Tekashi's face on it at CDPR next month saying "employee of the month" with how much the guy is shilling right now.

But troll aside and back to the topic, glad CDPR actually made a roadmap, a bit crude yes but at least it shows they are reading the forums and hopefully taking notes. I can understand and encourage the fact that they are going for performance fixes, but also as I and many others have been pointing out, there is a good chunk of content that was alluded to in videos, interviews and even up to Night City Wire from november that is clearly not in the game or had to be scrapped and that mentions of implementing them again into the game were not addressed and that's one of the few problems I have with the video.
At the end of the day at least they gave us something and promised fixes to come, I got all the achieves already and without those features I currently have no desire to come back, if other people do then please go enjoy, but personally I'll be focusing on something else while these updates don't roll out.

I'm playing on pc, and I love it, despite of its state. The game now is just like Johhny, a shining nova coverred with a lot of shit. I have the wishlist, just as the others, but I think what I wish first is some time, and calm of the community. The witchunt against CDPR is sad, and painfull to watch. No them the first firm, who fucked a "too big dream", which was fueled by the impossible expectations of the community, nor will be the last. Try to step back, and let the developpers work. Cyberpunk now like an early acces game, in a massive test phase.. I trust the boys and girls at CDPR, will solve the prolems, at least the majority of them, if they are not threteaned in they very existence. ( lawsuits, governmental charges etc.) . Oh I can't stand it, please more Panam, and at least one happy ending.

Yeah it is not Skyrim, nor GTA V, but I did not see anyone saying so here. Just for you then, even tho it is on reddit, it actually have the timestamps https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/keg3lp Here. What is imaginary about it? Don't go starting with that it has work in progress and things might change. They were announcing content they would cut and deliberately did not mention other things they cut aswell. Makes sense, since they were major ones which they were boasting about in various videos and twitter posts.

The vast majority of the items on that list are straight up untrue. Again, people who have clearly not played the game. But don't let me get in the way of your fictional writing exercises. ;)

As I played Cyberpunk 2020 (pen & paper) years ago during my time at university, I was very exited to play 2077 in 2020.
I think, this is why you chose to release in December ;-)
As I play on PC, all my expectations where fullfilled.
It is a great game with great atmosphere (even with cars falling from the stars sometimes) ;-)
Take your time to please the needs of console players.
In fact I have a lot fun in exploring Night City, earning money and improving my skills.

In my opinion you did a good job.

Heads up chooms ;-)

"our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements"

I work as a User Researcher/Tester and BA within Digital/Cyber projects and the above statement highlights either a complete failing of you having conducted any testing or worryingly being dishonest, as already strongly insinuated amongst many recent statements/practices by the company recently.

The graphical bugs, glitches, cut content and technical faults are all clear as day and to say the above is farcical. I'm a long term fan of CD Projeckt Red and sympathise with the devs but completely disenchanted with recent practices by the higher chain of command. It is an utter disgrace.

I've heard this same song and dance from many developers in my life, most notably from Blizzard and Bethesda over the past decade. I never thought I would hear this sort of shady used-car-salesman-speak from CDPR. Very disappointed.

And you've just exposed yourself a someone who either hasn't played the full game, or only done one playthrough. This false notion that the story is linear, or that there are no choices and consequences is honestly laughable given the amount of choices and consequences in this game, especially for minor quests. Just stop perpetuating this fiction, the devs being the ones who programmed all of it know it's not true - and the players who have done multiple playthroughs and experienced a multitude of differences know as well. It just makes you come across as disingenuous.

I did replay it and it is completely linear, I have no idea what are you talking about. What is non-linear in sidequests or main missions? My second playthrough was different only by the gameplay style, definitely not by the story or any other choices. Because from the top of my head I cannot remember one side quest where you would have choice that would somehow matter in the whole picture. Only choices I do remember are those made in the main missions and those are scarce aswell, being mainly after meeting Hanako at Embers.

I expect a photo with Tekashi's face on it at CDPR next month saying "employee of the month" with how much the guy is shilling right now.

But troll aside and back to the topic, glad CDPR actually made a roadmap, a bit crude yes but at least it shows they are reading the forums and hopefully taking notes. I can understand and encourage the fact that they are going for performance fixes, but also as I and many others have been pointing out, there is a good chunk of content that was alluded to in videos, interviews and even up to Night City Wire from november that is clearly not in the game or had to be scrapped and that mentions of implementing them again into the game were not addressed and that's one of the few problems I have with the video.
At the end of the day at least they gave us something and promised fixes to come, I got all the achieves already and without those features I currently have no desire to come back, if other people do then please go enjoy, but personally I'll be focusing on something else while these updates don't roll out.
I really hope that in time, they add more stuff to do after you finish the main and side quests. I really hope they give the word "exploration" meaning. As it is now, night city looks like just another Ubisoft dead world. There are so many locked doors and only a handful of buildings that you can actually enter and can't do anything inside..

Except it isn't? Maybe you should stop watching outrage youtubers and getting your news from them. I've played through twice and only encountered 1-2 minor bugs. I know so many more across all platforms who can attest the same. This isn't Skyrim, the Bethesda forums are that way ------------------>

Also, it isn't a port. The game was developed for PC first, he literally says that in the video.

The game is a masterpiece, on PC and for what it is as an RPG. Console versions are held back largely by their hardware limitations, but it doesn't detract from the achievement this game is. Anyone who says otherwise obviously hasn't played the game in any serious way.

It's very hard to read that graphic they provided given there's no scale, but I'd say late February/early March the soonest.

I have 220h in to this "game". Playing on 3070 5600x 32gb ram m.2 pcie 4 ssd
And let me tell you there are a shit ton of bugs.
Recent once are:
The JS glitch animation is stuck. I did 2 quest with this shit on my screen.
After a long play session the game starts to lag a lot. There is some nasty memory leak.
Dying randomly for no reason.
A black bar stuck on the bottom of the screen
JS dialog loading at the same time the save loads and staying on screen.
Some quest do not register your actions - The one with River and the Red Queen's Race club, there is a point to find the entrance. I finished the quest and this was not ticked out. And I went trough the main entrance for the club.
Lack of character mouth animation in dialogs.

The game is mediocre at best. And this is without the bugs and glitches.

Technically is not good too -
The AI if you can call this an AI is the bare minimum.
No interaction with the world. None.
The shadow of V is a nightmare.
V has no reflection.
The animation for exiting entering cars is broken.
The driving is worst than the old GTA games.
The ragdoll physics are a joke.
Crafting is tedious.
There is a bug when you craft the JS "armor" the lesser quality items are perma stuck in your inventory. have this on both characters.
Food and drinks are useless.

So yeah masterpiece this game is not. It is far from it.

Top Bottom