Ability to re-allocate ability points and not just perks

+
Request: I would like to be able to re-distribute both ability and skill points, specially at the stage where we enter "point of no return". After lot of hard work and getting V to level 40+, it becomes too much of a chore to repeat the entire process in a new walkthrough just because I am satisfied with my netrunner mastery and instead want to try a full-on reflex build.

Although it is not realistic for V to change her abilities like that, but its a boundary between realism and what is fun I guess....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
On a 2nd thought I guess I'll just prefer to start a new game as I have corpo background left to discover anyway. I'll probably take a few months break though.

Last edited:

Axvil

Forum regular
Would that reset your ability related/gated skill progression, removing all bonus perks and passives until you retrain that skill?
Can I just quickly spec into Tech, unlock legendary crafting, make all the gear and bank i want, then simply go back to my previous build?
I think making a second character and focusing on a different build is also fun.

Depend on the current system is not going to.
as skills level caps at status level.
So there are no reasonable ways to go back
Or you will lose all your skill level and have to redo it and you lost all the rewards it brings.

you will basically reset the whole character by doing that

Download CET and use the console if you want that, redistributing perks is nice but mostly redundant since half of them don't do squat and or are completely pointless like whoopy enemies can't see me in water, too bad there's no water combat in this game and you get more perk points than you can actually spend because of the plethora of perk shards in the reported crime stashed and that you get tons of perks from leveling up your abilities anyhow + levels themselves.

Unless you exploit the broken crafting system the perk reset is also too darn expensive too, by the time you'll have the money you won't need it because you'll have more perk points than you'll know what to spend them on.

Ironically the perk reset might only be really useful in the first 10 or so levels of the game.

I think making a second character and focusing on a different build is also fun.
It was indeed fun for my 2nd playthrough. But now I have completed every single side quest. I will have to repeat most of it again for a new build and while i'll enjoy many of the major side quests, but farming all the way to lvl 40+ to truly enjoy new build might be a chore.

When I played other games like Dragonage, there has been an option to buy some item from merchants that allow re-distributing skill tree points and explore new combat styles without starting a fresh game. So I am coming from that background.

Can I just quickly spec into Tech, unlock legendary crafting, make all the gear and bank i want, then simply go back to my previous build?
I suppose items could have ability/perk requirements. For e.g. I crafted all the legendary quickhacks. But when I use this reset shard to do a reflex/body build, I should not be able to use my legendary quickhack netrunner system as well as the legendary quickhacks. The associated bonus ability levels, such as "breach protocol" for intelligence and "crafting" for Technical Ability could get capped to the new level to which you distributed points in respective ability.

Post automatically merged:

Download CET and use the console if you want that, redistributing perks is nice but mostly redundant since half of them don't do squat and or are completely pointless like whoopy enemies can't see me in water, too bad there's no water combat in this game and you get more perk points than you can actually spend because of the plethora of perk shards in the reported crime stashed and that you get tons of perks from leveling up your abilities anyhow + levels themselves.

Unless you exploit the broken crafting system the perk reset is also too darn expensive too, by the time you'll have the money you won't need it because you'll have more perk points than you'll know what to spend them on.

Ironically the perk reset might only be really useful in the first 10 or so levels of the game.

Do you happen to have a link for CET? Sry, I am not sure what it is but looks promising even if I can manually alter ability points, while use the in-game shard to re-distribute perks

Last edited:
Would that reset your ability related/gated skill progression, removing all bonus perks and passives until you retrain that skill?

Yeah you could pretty much cycle through both the crafting tree for equipment and the netrunner tree to get legendary quickhacks and then focus on some melee or range build again with top gear and netware.

I mean its a singleplayer game so it would be optional and we should not care how peple destroy their own motivation to start new playthroughs with this game.

If its ok for you to pay a full triple A prize for this game to then finish everything you could possible achive in this game in the very minimum of time, its up to you OP. Happy obliterate your copy of cyberpunk 2077.

But i do hope they never add anything like this.

It was indeed fun for my 2nd playthrough. But now I have completed every single side quest. I will have to repeat most of it again for a new build and while i'll enjoy many of the major side quests, but farming all the way to lvl 40+ to truly enjoy new build might be a chore.

When I played other games like Dragonage, there has been an option to buy some item from merchants that allow re-distributing skill tree points and explore new combat styles without starting a fresh game. So I am coming from that background.

I suppose items could have ability/perk requirements. For e.g. I crafted all the legendary quickhacks. But when I use this reset shard to do a reflex/body build, I should not be able to use my legendary quickhack netrunner system as well as the legendary quickhacks. The associated bonus ability levels, such as "breach protocol" for intelligence and "crafting" for Technical Ability could get capped to the new level to which you distributed points in respective ability.

Post automatically merged:

Do you happen to have a link for CET? Sry, I am not sure what it is but looks promising even if I can manually alter ability points, while use the in-game shard to re-distribute perks

CyberEngine Tweaks https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks

I've got 150+ hrs in on one of my characters and it would be nice to either redistribute those points or keep earning points to keep building out my character.

Guest 4519094

Maybe a full respec like the tabula rasa does for perks isn't too ... character friendly,
but maybe allowing ripperdocs to swap one point from one stat to another would be a softer touch, at a price indeed.
That would be the gameplay friendly option,
there's also the just mod your game if you're on PC route ... no gameplay there though.

I feel it would be less of a headache to just make different characters. If you reset your attribute, that means you reset your leveling of skills in that attribute. The thought of having to level athletics again alone makes my stomach turn. Just make multiple characters for different build types. In the end it would be just as fast, and you can go back to your old one if you're not feeling the new one.

I think this is one of those things that should remain as is. Game gives you enough info about how attributes work and enough leeway to not dead end players. You made the character, maybe it is not perfect, but it is supposed to be RPG so just play the role that you chose.

Top Bottom