[mod] Less crashing, no thunder bug on save/enter - EE compatible

+
[mod] Less crashing, no thunder bug on save/enter - EE compatible

It often happens that the gamer notices a loud thunder noise that is played each time a savegame is loaded or on loading an area, usually after the start of Act III. As this problem tends to break immersion and cause annoyance to the player ever since it was introduced in patch 1.2, this mod was created to soothe ears and remove the annoyance. Here you can download an empty version of the culpable wav file so you never get this sound again while using this replacement. Minor side effect is that during actual thunder storms you will not get amb-flash2 being played either, but there are still 2 other thunder sounds that will play and thus not negatively affect your experience otherwise. A possible side benefit of this mod is that it may reduce the number of crashes you experience when loading a new area. Download as attachement in this postWiki page: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Sound_fix_modTo be placed in Witcher\Data\OverrideCreate the Override folder if you don't have one.

thanks for that :) .. I hate that crash too ... not sure if i'll try, but it's nice to know an alternative exists

Yeah, this bug is very annoying and I've it on SP2 with 1.2 patch. Thanks for the fix.

Rancen said:
Yeah, this bug is very annoying and I've it on SP2 with 1.2 patch. Thanks for the fix.
Interesting, I skipped from 1.1a to 1.3 directly due to taking an extended break in between. So it was introduced in 1.2 and is unrelated to windows. Thanks, I'll fix the description :)Hope it fixes it for you. I also noticed I had fewer crashes with the fix ;)

A bit offtopic. Btw, can you add also info about shader/pixellation bug to wiki? Here's more info - http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2867.0

Not sure what you mean.The fix (i.e. the mod) fixes the thunder sound AND reduces crashes.

Ok. I've modified message a few sec's before your post. My mistake - I read it as I had a few crashes with the fix. ;D Actually, I never had crashes in Witcher.

STGhost said:
The crashing was introduced in either 1.3 or SP3. Care to test that? :)
Haha. I've a good method against crashes in Witcher. It calls "the right hands & clean system".

Hi.That thunder sound appear after you fight golem in the swamps, if lightning hits you, so the problem is simple, don't get hit by lightning! ;)

Well, in case you do and/or generally want to reduce the amount of crashes you get, my mod's still around ;)

Is this mod valid (still needed for this crash) for 1.4?Personally I don't remember experiencing such a crash (didn't play much on 1.2)

Top Bottom