Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
How bad sidequests are in this game, God, how bad they are.
I remember there was a sidequest there, Regina asked to steal an eye. One man lost his eye at cards in a Chinese cafe where Tiger Claws play cards for money. And we need to get this eye back.

To return it, you just need to go through the back door, open just one door with the "Technique" skill and take the eye out of the box. This quest lasts somewhere .... two minutes.
This is bad. It's lazy. It's boring. This is stupid.
And I thought, what would the old CDPR do? Before they were replaced by impostors?
They would give the opportunity to steal that eye, or play cards with the Tiger Claws and win it back honestly!

God, all the sidequests of this game just need to be deleted and redone. 50% of this game needs to be redone from scratch.
Just assume ... your tech level wasn't high enough.
You'll have to go through the front door and f***** kill all the people inside to get to the eye.
Depends on your level and the way you spent your skill points, doesn't it?

Just assume ... your tech level wasn't high enough.
You'll have to go through the front door and f***** kill all the people inside to get to the eye.
Depends on your level and the way you spent your skill points, doesn't it?
In fact, the first time I just couldn't kill them. Enemies began to attack me, but I could not. My weapon dropped downward when aiming at an enemy. Like he's an ally.

In fact, the non nudity is most likely due to the US market.
In US you'll get a 6+ rating if you just shoot some limbs off the body, but you'll get an "adult only" if you show some nipples.
Not A Political Post:
I'm in the US. I can promise you, hardly anyone I know understand this at all, but then again, we're not exactly world leaders right now.

In fact, the first time I just couldn't kill them. Enemies began to attack me, but I could not. My weapon dropped downward when aiming at an enemy. Like he's an ally.
In fact ... I shot the guard at the door (just because he was there) realized there was a back door ... forced it open (not by tech, but by force) and got the eye... killed all because I wanted the loot and ... well ... there were there ;-)
Different angles, different ammount of blood... Mission fulfilled...
It's not that you don't have a choice how to handle a mission.
Post automatically merged:

Not A Political Post:
I'm in the US. I can promise you, hardly anyone I know understand this at all, but then again, we're not exactly world leaders right now.
Nope ... but the biggest market ;-)
And I can assure you .. I have a lot of very good friends in the US. Government and the things people believe in are not the same. I know that. I hope there will be better times, but nudity has always been a problem regarding the US market.

You can do this quest without the skill check (stilling the eye).
You can sort of blackmail the dude at the counter to give you the eye.
No shooting required :)
So now we found 3 ways to solve the same problem... that's not what I call linear (reffering to older posts)

How bad sidequests are in this game, God, how bad they are.
I remember there was a sidequest there, Regina asked to steal an eye. One man lost his eye at cards in a Chinese cafe where Tiger Claws play cards for money. And we need to get this eye back.

To return it, you just need to go through the back door, open just one door with the "Technique" skill and take the eye out of the box. This quest lasts somewhere .... two minutes.
This is bad. It's lazy. It's boring. This is stupid.
And I thought, what would the old CDPR do? Before they were replaced by impostors?
They would give the opportunity to steal that eye, or play cards with the Tiger Claws and win it back honestly!

God, all the sidequests of this game just need to be deleted and redone. 50% of this game needs to be redone from scratch.

Maybe it's the sidequests in your life with which you are truly unhappy with.

Have you tried to spark joy by tidying your house?

So now we found 3 ways to solve the same problem... that's not what I call linear (reffering to older posts)
Ok, what about the crucified Joshua?
First, why can't I save Bill? Why is an immortal policeman killing him, no matter what I do?
Second, why can't Joshua be discouraged from doing this?
And after all, why can't I just kill the entire film crew?

In fact ... I shot the guard at the door (just because he was there) realized there was a back door ... forced it open (not by tech, but by force) and got the eye... killed all because I wanted the loot and ... well ... there were there ;-)
Different angles, different ammount of blood... Mission fulfilled...
It's not that you don't have a choice how to handle a mission.

Nope ... but the biggest market ;-)
And I can assure you .. I have a lot of very good friends in the US. Government and the things people believe in are not the same. I know that. I hope there will be better times, but nudity has always been a problem regarding the US market.
As this can be interpreted in the wrong way. There is a fullstop after the US. it doesn't mean I have friends in the US Government.

A message to the haters:

Let's get something straight. Video games will have bugs. There have always been bugs in video games. If you are looking for a game without bugs then you probably have as much luck finding one as a surfer looking for the perfect wave in a kiddy pool.

Games are made from code that is created by people. Its a mathematical and logical artform performed by a human to create a user experience to entertain and stimulate. It is just like any other form of entertainment or art piece, only the medium in which the game is created is through code and design. If you expect it to be perfect then get ready to be disappointed and try not to hurt yourself on the way down from your horse. Art doesn't have to be perfect. No one has the right to complain about the physical size of the Mona Lisa do they? No one has the right to tell a musician they can't play a song because they used a chord that didn't sound right to you. Its ultimately subjective. I for one, had a great laugh at some of bugs throughout the game. I looked past that though. I could see what the CDPR developers wanted me to experience it and respected it from that stand point.

Sure, If you are complaining about a product that didn't meet your standards then fine. Complain away. Because ultimately you didn't have to buy it. You chose to. And if you are a gamer and you buy any game, then you should fully expect it to have bugs. Don't beat yourself up about that fact that bugs break the immersion either. Incase you didn't notice. Its a game. Its code. It's also, not real. If you wanna be immersed, get off your ass and do something that doesn't involve a screen. This is coming from someone who plays video games often.

So don't get me wrong I get disappointed when things don't work out too. However, please have some respect for a team of developers (Artists) that worked hard to give you an experience that they are now promising to continue to work on and make better.

Good work CDPR. Thanks for the update.

Ok, what about the crucified Joshua?
First, why can't I save Bill? Why is an immortal policeman killing him, no matter what I do?
Second, why can't Joshua be discouraged from doing this?
And after all, why can't I just kill the entire film crew?

I thought you could kill Joshua and the police, resulting in Wakako giving you the Eddies and a job well done.

You can discourage Joshua, except he's been sentenced to death.

They're crucixifing him no matter what because this is already a done deal between crooked corpos and the police.

I agree, I wanted to kill Rachel or refuse the Eddies.

Guest 4375874

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A
: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A
: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A:
We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A:
We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A:
We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A:
The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.
Keep up the good work, we're confident you will get the game to the point it needs to be despite the misstep. Looking forward to future content, still on my first playthrough so I'll probably be playing for a while.

I thought you could kill Joshua and the police, resulting in Wakako giving you the Eddies and a job well done.

They're crucixifing him no matter what because this is already a done deal between crooked corpos and the police.

I tried to kill a cop. He is immortal and he will shoot Bill anyway.

You made the decision before the cutscene. You had the opportunity ... Don't cry if you let it pass.

One good advise.
Save before you start a new mission. If the outcomming doesn't please you... play it again, Sam!

Yo... could you guys please try to avoid spoilers? This is turning into a Twitch chat.
Sry

That moment when you realize that this game won't be good for a looooooong time. Sad. I already achieved all the endings-I guess I'll load the game back up sometime in 2022

I'm at over 200 hours and only at about 20% of the main quest line. I paid $50 USD for this game on PC so that's less than $.25 per hour of play. I'm not aware of any other entertainment medium that gives you that kind of value. Of course I'm hoping much of the missing/cut content is restored, and a 3rd person experience in the future would also be great, but I believe CDPR when they say improvements will continue with free DLC content forthcoming. Opening up the console for modders would also go a long way with maintaining interest in the game. Shoot, that's how Bethesda games actually become good and playable lol! My thanks to CDPR for doing their best, staying the course, and for creating what I think will one day be considered a crowning achievement in video gaming.

Thanks for the update, I can appreciate the struggles you had in regards to development and testing due to the COVID-19 situation. The company I worked at also ran into some major problems on release due to the adoption of remote working. It's not a simple as people think and it takes a bit of trial and error to get things to click.

Looking forward to the updates and can totally appreciate that you are creating a stable platform before releasing any of the free DLCs and expansions.

I hope the future projects include expanding upon the Cyberpunk universe and Night City.

Top Bottom