A little worrying

+
There's hundreds of skill checks in dialogue though, and they all add something to the narrative. Either way dialogue options are window dressing but CP2077 isn't lacking in that. You can be a raging dickhead in Cyberpunk, started a Corpo playthrough a few days ago and you can literally get into an argument with Judy when looking for Evelyn and she threatens to call the Mox onto you lol. That interaction being like that, effects the whole questline up until you find Evelyn. It even removes optional objectives to keep Judy updated, but you can update her through the phone anyway and she'll be shocked that you helped her. Most quests have things like that in them, although I will admit the previews of what you can say can be misleading sometimes.
Nah. They just add a snarky answer or a shortcut.

They are in pure Damage control like so many other before them.
The already weak things (illusion of choice, the pathetic fatalistic endings and cut content) won't be fixed or expanded upon at all.
Neither will their DLC plans stay the same. Of that I am sure.

Fs in chat. Fs in chat.

In Witcher 3 I felt my decisions mattered.
I could help and crown the next monarch of Skellige.
I could also be supportive of these characters or not.

Of which there is a cinematic consequence to my decision like throwing the baby in the oven or not.

There are dozens of examples like this.
I never got this impression with CP2077 unless we are talking about the Demo quest.
And all the consequences of that quest honestly did not have as much of a satisfying conclusions as the Witcher did.

I feel like your decisions matter a huge deal in Night City. The big difference is that you probably will fail most of the time because the world is a shitty-shitty place.

It's the Dragon Age 2 effect.

It's not that Hawke is less awesome than the grey Warden, it's just Kirkwall is a manifestly worse place.

It's a little worrying that CPDR's stance seems to be the problem is bugs and performance on PS4/XB1 with no mention of the shallow/incomplete stories/romances, the clumsy illusion of choice, the enormous amount of missing promised content, or just shallow/missing basic RPG elements that we'd expect in any game.
There are many problems but the console bugs are the priority.

As a PC player i'm sad, but they have to get base consoles in working order first. It's just how it is.

They are in pure Damage control like so many other before them.
The already weak things (illusion of choice, the pathetic fatalistic endings and cut content) won't be fixed or expanded upon at all.
Neither will their DLC plans stay the same. Of that I am sure.

Fs in chat. Fs in chat.
I dare say that they will not even touch the antique loot, crafting and skill system.

I'm lost. Fixes seem more important to me, at this time. Why add story right now if a portion of players will not even be able to experience it properly?

Burying broken code under new code does not make for good games.

I feel like your decisions matter a huge deal in Night City. The big difference is that you probably will fail most of the time because the world is a shitty-shitty place.

It's the Dragon Age 2 effect.

It's not that Hawke is less awesome than the grey Warden, it's just Kirkwall is a manifestly worse place.

I don't want to use spoilers but I disagree whole heartedly.

My dialogue choices didn't matter. My actions didn't matter. Honestly did you ever find a quest as detailed and indepth as the demo quest in the game with the same level of multi-branching ways to solve quest?

Because I didn't.

I'm lost. Fixes seem more important to me, at this time. Why add story right now if a portion of players will not even be able to experience it properly?

Burying broken code under new code does not make for good games.

A lot of people had this idea that there was vast quest content and plans to make all of the NPCs doing routines and that this took priority over the game crashing every five minutes.

Or they don't care because they're PC or next gen.

I don't want to use spoilers but I disagree whole heartedly.

My dialogue choices didn't matter. My actions didn't matter. Honestly did you ever find a quest as detailed and indepth as the demo quest in the game with the same level of multi-branching ways to solve quest?

Because I didn't.

Yes, multiple times and I was impressed by the sheer massive amount of choice in the game. I never expected the ability to affect game decisions like I could in Pacifica or during the Pisces quest.

Hawken was an unlikable shitbag from the first time he/she opened her pie hole.

I played the demo and never cared to buy the final game.

In Witcher 3 I felt my decisions mattered.
I could help and crown the next monarch of Skellige.
I could also be supportive of these characters or not.

Of which there is a cinematic consequence to my decision like throwing the baby in the oven or not.

There are dozens of examples like this.
I never got this impression with CP2077 unless we are talking about the Demo quest.
And all the consequences of that quest honestly did not have as much of a satisfying conclusions as the Witcher did.
crowning the monarch of skellige didnt change anything for the story
and as a witcher you are a kind of superhero in that world

as a Street Samurai in CP you are nothing
so the stuff and the reactions you get feal real..
anyway, people start to react difrently according to your streetcred and attributes later in the game
scavangers vs aldecaldos come into my mind, or the raid on the restaurant

also most consequences play on the radio news like the outcome of the sinnermanquest

and to be honest...
that you cant realy change the way of life in NightCity feals real...
to think that you would be able to change anything seems very very unrealistic
but you did actualy change a lot
after all
depending on the end you choose you kinda hurt arasaka alot,
and thats more then most Legendary Street Samurais where ever able to achieve

at last that is my opinion

No point arguing with people who think this isn't an RPG. The lack of polish and terrible state of release on consoles has caused people to attack the game in ways they wouldn't of had it released better.

Unless you can agree that no AAA game that has released since Dragon Age: Origins is an RPG, which I agree with, you're talking nonsense. Nothing in the past 10+ years has come out that's more of an RPG than this, except indie projects like Disco Elysium.

Cyberpunk is more of an RPG than The Witcher 3, and it's easily proven. Neither one is a proper RPG, but Cyberpunk comes closer.

crowning the monarch of skellige didnt change anything for the story
and as a witcher you are a kind of superhero in that world

as a Street Samurai in CP you are nothing
so the stuff and the reactions you get feal real..
anyway, people start to react difrently according to your streetcred and attributes later in the game
scavangers vs aldecaldos come into my mind, or the raid on the restaurant

also most consequences play on the radio news like the outcome of the sinnermanquest

and to be honest...
that you cant realy change the way of life in NightCity feals real...
to think that you would be able to change anything seems very very unrealistic
but you did actualy change a lot
after all
depending on the end you choose you kinda hurt arasaka alot,
and thats more then most Legendary Street Samurais where ever able to achieve

at last that is my opinion

So again to avoid big spoilers for lurkers.

Because the game is first person and animated cinematics are rare I don't feel as rewarded.

Additionally when I say my decisions don't matter is... lets say during the Flathead questline I helped Meredith out. And from then on I unlock her and Militech content which could have big effects in the ending of the game.

I could have just had her betrayed and completely lose that option all together.
Thats what I mean, and the flathead quest had like what 4 or 5 completely different ways of doing it? I didn't see that much in the game.

Now I am sure you will mention there are plenty of side missions that unlock different endings but thats not the point.

Those quests pop on my map as I quest normally. Literally everyone else gets the same opportunities regardless of what they did or behaved before. The example with Meredith is that it is completely missable to do and its up for me to discover it.

The current setup is the opposite. Do it get one ending. Dont do it then get another one.

Which is the other problem. Whether I am a nice person or a bad person no one seems to care but in the witcher they did care.

Anyway thats been my disappointing experience.
Post automatically merged:

No point arguing with people who think this isn't an RPG. The lack of polish and terrible state of release on consoles has caused people to attack the game in ways they wouldn't of had it released better.

Unless you can agree that no AAA game that has released since Dragon Age: Origins is an RPG, which I agree with, you're talking nonsense. Nothing in the past 10+ years has come out that's more of an RPG than this, except indie projects like Disco Elysium.

Cyberpunk is more of an RPG than The Witcher 3, and it's easily proven. Neither one is a proper RPG, but Cyberpunk comes closer.

Baldurs Gate 3. /end rant.

It all depends on everyone's opinion, but disagree with "Cyberpunk is more of an RPG than The Witcher 3, and it's easily proven. Neither one is a proper RPG, but Cyberpunk comes closer." :sneaky:

i kinda agree...
i did play the story of Dragon Age: Origins with my D&D Pen&Paper group...
most of my players took the same route on what happens in the game..
heck some did even use the same awnsers available as options...
i did end up using sequnzes from the game and showed them while playing Pen&Paper...
it was a realy impressive well wrtitten story

i also did start to play the Witcher 3 with my group...
already wrote 90 pages from the dialoges of the game
did also work very good.. but was a lot of work and preperation

Cyberpunk i just love as a game...
the story is simply breathtaking, and touched me more then i thought it would be possible
damn... the phone calls during the credits shed tears in my eyes

I've recently experienced a critical bug which prevented me from finishing the game on PC after 150+hours and I'm am pretty sure that fixing bugs is crucial.
The game itself, well, lacks a ton of different stuff. Cybepunk 2077 is a great early access game worth the price but is absolutely not a finished AAA project. This is sad. I love the game, I love cyberpunk genre. And CDPR managed to create Gibson's vibe. And I can't say that the problem lies in the field of poor management because CDPR in fact managed to have a pretty decent revenue. They released obviously an unfinished game. And now with all those console issues they tend to forget about PC which is more or less ok but still as I stated above has pretty severe bugs.
Thus, fixing them is a top priority. The question is whether CDPR will actually finish the game after all? They got their money, right?

CDPR says nothing - Out with the pitchforks

CDPR says something. - Out with the pitchforks

It's a lose lose situation of there own making i guess
VERY true. What they should have done is release a message along with the 1.1 update (whenever that's ready). Then the message wouldn't ring hollow because there'd be some actions to back it up with. Yes, people would still be angry at the lack of communication leading up to the 1.1 release, but the end result would be much better.

So again to avoid big spoilers for lurkers.

i hear you m8...
but guess we just have different expetations
maybe becaue iam a Pen&Paper player
I did play a lot of Shadowrun, which is a more fantasy like version of cyberpunk
and you never get jobs from a client directly...
its all handeld throu fixers (Mr. Johnson in SR)
you mostly never knew for whom you work
thats part of the deal and the whole deniability of the corp, and you cant tell anything if you get captured

most of that is also explained in CP... mostly in sidemissions...
Wakako tells you so more then once
a Netrunner you save tells you not to ask to many questsion because thats dangerous

Guest 4375874

Nah. They just add a snarky answer or a shortcut.
nope, not even remotely true. As a corpo I had responses specific to a corpo that were straight up condescending and change the outcome of the conversation. Witcher 3 didn't have lifepaths so they obviously split those options into your lifepath choice rather than make them general options available to everyone as it was for Geralt

Top Bottom