Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Maybe we should stop lying to ourselves and admit CDPR will not "fix" the game. They will just fix the glitches and bugs...but that's not even close to what this game needs.

If you want them to deliver a different game, then yes, obviously it will not be changed. No rewriting the quests, endings, or redoing things.

If you think they might improve AI and fix the police and cars in the game, yes.

The question is what you think "fixes" the game because, yes, the problem of the game is that it runs shit not how they presented the city or its story.

Keep up the good work, its a good game it just needs a bit of work to make it great.

Its needs quite a bit of work. Thats the thing. This isn't an apology.
Glad a statement is officially made. There's always going to be a lot of noise from people, so I want to at least break up the noise a bit to say - I still respect the Developers greatly and I respect the effort put in, so I'll just be patient.

What's weird behavior from players is that people even though they've been disappointed by the false promise, they still expect an answer to something that CDPR may or may not be able to deliver, not even in the coming month or two, when the player expects an answer Now and expects a new promise. It's just setting yourself up for another heartbreak, so just give them time, see if CDPR is willing to build back their rep by making all the right steps (fixing, improving and fulfilling the promise)

No one was ever mad at the devs. People are are mad at management and the board for CDPr and the way they handled the fall out. They pushed the game knowingly by declaring it was gold last year and pushed the release date back time and time again. They made a lot of empty promises about the game. They marketed the game towards last gen. They honestly put themselves in this spot.

This is a PR statement for damage control nothing more.

I played this mission at such a low level.. It's the first time I saw enemies going faster than I can move. Plus I walked into the Cafe thinking the barkeep was going to give me the eye. HAHA NOPE.
This is the mission where I learned I needed to take a step back and get better at the game. It's an FPS RPG. And I actually completed the mission.
My advice for anyone playing.. and without spoilers..
Enjoy the experience! HAHA Reminds me of Witcher 3 when you walk too far into the forest.
WINDS ARE HOWLING.

What? That was awesome. You got to use your skills to bypass the shoot out!

We're not asking for timeframes, we're not asking for roadmaps, we're not even asking for specific features necessarily. What we're worried about is that this is the final edition of the game that they are going to present to us, content wise. That in a years time, cops will still be teleporting to you, and the immersiveness of the characters thet they've built will remain the same, that Judy will still be by that damn window.

Some people have taken to calling the fact that the CEO turned around and said that they're "proud" of the pc edition as proof of this. I don't think so, because putting the statement into context, he means it in relation to the console versions.

All we want is for CDPR to turn around and say "The free DLC is not going to be superfluous gun packs and you're going to want to come back to the game to experience them". That will set alot of minds at ease right now.
I get that. I'm just as interested in that, but not asking for it now, since it's been a month since release, but there has been a good time inbetween that month that the Developers finally took a break. Coming month should be re-evaluation to even realistically say whether they're able to bring what they've promised, which then again will need time in-between to be brought back/implemented. Work in the time they need just for bug fixing and mainly reaching stability, as well as then they're going to have to make a plan for how they'll handle for ex. AI... Who knows whether getting AI up to the promissed level is possible without having to divide platforms, where last-gen stays with terrible AI and PC gets to see better AI behavior... Whether they're going to optimize and optimize until they've got the space to improve aspects on AI over console and PC. There's going to be a lot of time evaluating whether they can pull it off, how long it may take to do that and then probably if it's worth promising it, when there's almost always an invisible roadblock in a project that sets back the expected time

Its needs quite a bit of work. Thats the thing. This isn't an apology.

No one was ever mad at the devs. People are are mad at management and the board for CDPr and the way they handled the fall out. They pushed the game knowingly by declaring it was gold last year and pushed the release date back time and time again. They made a lot of empty promises about the game. They marketed the game towards last gen. They honestly put themselves in this spot.

This is a PR statement for damage control nothing more.
Yeah, which is why I'm thanking specifically the devs and avoiding the whole 'CDPR' thanking. I'll be making a video on Cyberpunk eventually, focusing on the developer's work, not the management. I've just mentally split the company between what I like and dislike in it.

But yes, this says where their priorities lie.

The problem is some people don't want that to be the case.

Obviously, PC users want their own fixes much sooner and those expecting a complete rewrite or nonexistent missing content are going to be pissed.

Bugs, performance, console fixes, bugs, performance...

I wonder if there will ever be meaningful choices and lifepaths in CP2077. If the NC will ever be less sterile. If game elements promised and shown will ever find their way back in. If the bits and pieces of the main story that have been clearly axed will be brought back. If skills, perks and the crafting system will become more than almost placeholders for skills, perks and crafting system. If we'll have all the side activities that are hinted at during quests and environment but not get to taste more than once. If going home will ever be more than just a forced-upon task of the main quest (sleeping on the floor and an apartment that's never changing and no one else visits is... pointless, I guess?!). If npcs will get smarter (both the civilians and the enemies). If police will have something to do and say more than just wishing itself into existence. If gangs and the strong arm of NCPD will make a dent in our playstyle and leave a stronger mark on the going-ons of NC. If we'll ever have partners or at least that damned "prototype" of a spider bot or something similar. If difficulty scale will be tuned better, if we'll get more meaningful purchase options from shops (really, 24h reset of the offer in a race-against-the-clock game?), more places to eat, shop, etc. Be able to lean or sit on benches and rails... and speaking of rails, I hear there are some monorails in the city and 3 different cab companies that could majestically replace the shit teleporters (more Star Trek in CP isn't ever a good thing, I think).

I wonder if the holo will be less of a mess, especially text-wise. I wonder if fixers will have a higher standard when contacting you for work. If your street cred will ever mean more than fuck-all that it does now. If they'll stop spamming you. If cars you buy can be put on display and tuned. If the quests and gigs will stop cluttering the map. If NCPD hustles will happen organically (and hell, maybe even in different areas) instead of all of them being up at the same time ONCE. If Pacifica will become less deserted, if Netwach and VDB will become more relevant - that is for longer than 1 bloody quest arc. If the huge swaths of land covered by corpo real estate will be more than excuses for placing invisible walls everywhere. Hell, if the corpos themselves will be more present in the game, outside the main arc and tv announcements (after all, they are a class in the CP universe, aren't they?)...

I have no doubt CDPR will fix the bugs and glitches and maybe even improve performance on all platforms (about that, it's funny how at times I can roll 45-50 fps in RT Ultra on a 2060 - in some areas, granted not Kabuki, nor City Center). They did it before. However... Iorveth never found his way back in TW3. Once they axed the content it was, as Johnny puts it "Done and gone". It feels quite certain that the lifepaths will never be more than a depressing ruin of something CDPR gloated over in some trailers. That the meaningful choices during "The Pickup" (even with the wasted opportunity to team up with Militech at the end) will remain a sour reminder of what the game was supposed to be (even more so if you keep fresh the memory of Jackie joining you for the meeting with Meredith) but won't.

Nothing changes in NC. Only the number of activities one can take part in continuously drops. Currently, it feels like a labyrinth for a lab rat - with all the stalls you can't interact with, with the empty shells of npcs, with the myriad of locked doors and invisible walls. Whatever you wanna do, you get slapped over the wrist the moment you feel like there's some potential for some fun activity. Not by bugs (however severe they are currently), not by performance issues. But by missing mechanics - mechanics that were supposed to be there, based on everything CDPR kept saying while the dough for this cake was still being made... There is no cake though as Delamain puts it at some point...

I haven't refunded the game and I have enjoyed to an extent what it has to offer. Problem is the game has VERY LITTLE TO OFFER! To be honest I feel cheated of my money but I'm trying to not to think about it and wait for updates.

The gameplay is lacking SO MUCH in terms of combat, rpg elements and end game (replayability). I really hope you deliver but by the time you do I'm afraid it'll be filled with a sour taste. You should have delayed and be more transparent with us. I wish you the best.
Post automatically merged:

I wonder if there will ever be meaningful choices and lifepaths in CP2077. If the NC will ever be less sterile. If game elements promised and shown will ever find their way back in. If the bits and pieces of the main story that have been clearly axed will be brought back. If skills, perks and the crafting system will become more than almost placeholders for skills, perks and crafting system. If we'll have all the side activities that are hinted at during quests and environment but not get to taste more than once. If going home will ever be more than just a forced-upon task of the main quest (sleeping on the floor and an apartment that's never changing and no one else visits is... pointless, I guess?!). If npcs will get smarter (both the civilians and the enemies). If police will have something to do and say more than just wishing itself into existence. If gangs and the strong arm of NCPD will make a dent in our playstyle and leave a stronger mark on the going-ons of NC. If we'll ever have partners or at least that damned "prototype" of a spider bot or something similar. If difficulty scale will be tuned better, if we'll get more meaningful purchase options from shops (really, 24h reset of the offer in a race-against-the-clock game?), more places to eat, shop, etc. Be able to lean or sit on benches and rails... and speaking of rails, I hear there are some monorails in the city and 3 different cab companies that could majestically replace the shit teleporters (more Star Trek in CP isn't ever a good thing, I think).

I wonder if the holo will be less of a mess, especially text-wise. I wonder if fixers will have a higher standard when contacting you for work. If your street cred will ever mean more than fuck-all that it does now. If they'll stop spamming you. If cars you buy can be put on display and tuned. If the quests and gigs will stop cluttering the map. If NCPD hustles will happen organically (and hell, maybe even in different areas) instead of all of them being up at the same time ONCE. If Pacifica will become less deserted, if Netwach and VDB will become more relevant - that is for longer than 1 bloody quest arc. If the huge swaths of land covered by corpo real estate will be more than excuses for placing invisible walls everywhere. Hell, if the corpos themselves will be more present in the game, outside the main arc and tv announcements (after all, they are a class in the CP universe, aren't they?)...

I have no doubt CDPR will fix the bugs and glitches and maybe even improve performance on all platforms (about that, it's funny how at times I can roll 45-50 fps in RT Ultra on a 2060 - in some areas, granted not Kabuki, nor City Center). They did it before. However... Iorveth never found his way back in TW3. Once they axed the content it was, as Johnny puts it "Done and gone". It feels quite certain that the lifepaths will never be more than a depressing ruin of something CDPR gloated over in some trailers. That the meaningful choices during "The Pickup" (even with the wasted opportunity to team up with Militech at the end) will remain a sour reminder of what the game was supposed to be (even more so if you keep fresh the memory of Jackie joining you for the meeting with Meredith) but won't.

Nothing changes in NC. Only the number of activities one can take part in continuously drops. Currently, it feels like a labyrinth for a lab rat - with all the stalls you can't interact with, with the empty shells of npcs, with the myriad of locked doors and invisible walls. Whatever you wanna do, you get slapped over the wrist the moment you feel like there's some potential for some fun activity. Not by bugs (however severe they are currently), not by performance issues. But by missing mechanics - mechanics that were supposed to be there, based on everything CDPR kept saying while the dough for this cake was still being made... There is no cake though as Delamain puts it at some point...
This.

I wonder if there will ever be meaningful choices and lifepaths in CP2077. If the NC will ever be less sterile.

Well they lost a billion dollars in their value in stock due to the bugs. They got some people mildly disappointed that the Lifepaths were undercooked.

I do think they will improve the AI of the citizenry, cops, and gangbangers.

But will they substantially change the story?

No.

[...]

I'd still like to play the game you publicised, not the game you delivered. Will that ever happen?

Allow me to present you a different angle, "What do you think the game promised is? How does it compare to what other people think?"

I think its fine asking for the game to actually fucking play right on last generation consoles, better AI for enemies, better AI for NPCs, driving improvements, and the cops to not be so terrible.

However, do I think they will add another hour to the Life Paths and Jackie montage? No. Nor do I think they will change any of the dialogue or endings or romances.

dear CD Project,

first of all, thanks a lot to all the devs working hard on this game until the very last minute and delivering great characters, world building, design and voiceacting.

BUT
Why do you still not acknowledge with a single word that this game has so many other problems apart from technical ones? Improving tech issues should be a no brainer.

In you very own forums there is a thread with more than 700 pages with people discussing the endings and how unhappy they are with them and how they feel that the make the game downright unplayble. Can you pleae acknowledge this in some way?

There are other threads in which people discuss other content issues, like lack of depth in romance options, aborted arcs, perks that don't make any sense, lack of meaningful choices, how dissatisfying some mechnics are (street cred, fixers, GIGS etc) and so on. Given that we have many friendly discussions about this and people have so many questions and ideas, it would be nice to at least get some kind of feedback on these questions in some form.

The roadmap does not mention at all what the free DLC will contain and if the patches will also deal with content issues. For some of us, the actual content of the game is more important than technical isses we know will be taken care of at some point. What is the point of improving the technical side of the game if the parts that actually make the game worth playing don't get improved?

Can we please get some kind od statement what the content plans for free DLC, patches and later expansions are? Many of us are not in the mood to replay the game until we get some tangible information. Please improve your communication with your community if you want to turn this around.

I think that the loss of a billion dollars to shareholders for fucking up consoles is one of the rare lessons that will stick.

Remember when Sony lost 5 billion when they launched the PS2 with a DVD player? It was reported in the news as fact. And it wasn't. They were projected to loose 5 billion. And look what happened to the PS2.
They made the sacrifice of putting a DVD player into their console- and they only had 150,000 units for north america. I know. I left school to get mine for $520.

Cyberpunk will go down in history as a very bad launch (in terms of updates and the first week and month). But its the same decade old story... They set the foundation for the game, story and gameplay- better than Witcher 3.

Where will I be in 2077? hopefully in an old age home playing cyberpunk. Either the 3rd game .... (haha) or playing a heavily modded 2020 launch- for nostalgia.

dear CD Project,

first of all, thanks a lot to all the devs working hard on this game until the very last minute and delivering great characters, would building, design and voiceacting.

BUT
Why do you still not acknowledge with a single word that this game has so many other problems apart from technical ones? Improving tech issues should be a no brainer.

In you very own forums there is a thread with more than 700 pages with people discussing the endings and how unhappy they are with them and how they feel that the make the game downright unplayble. Can you pleae acknowledge this in some way?

There are other threads in which people discuss other content issues, like lack of depth in romance options, aborted arcs, perks that don't make any sense, lack of meaningful choices, how dissatisfying some mechnics are (street cred, fixers, GIGS etc) and so on. Given that we have many friendly discussions about this and people have so many questions and ideas, it would be nice to at least get some kind of feedback on these questions in some form.

The roadmap does not mention at all what the free DLC will contain and if the patches will also deal with content issues. For some of us, the actual content of the game is more important than technical isses we know will be taken care of at some point. What is the point of improving the technical side of the game if the parts that actually make the game worth playing don't get improved?

Can we please get some kind od statement what the content plans for free DLC, patches and later expansions are? Many of us are not in the mood to replay the game until we get some tangible information. Please improve your communication with your community if you want to turn this around.

I note that I have posted well over 200 posts in that 700 page thread about how the endings are awesome and misrepresented by posters who hate them.

that roadmap feels sort of like the game itself, surface level and empty. they might aswell have just posted it like this

2020: we relased the game and released some hot fixes
2021: like we already announced we will keep bugfixing the game and release the next gen version sometime in 2021, pls trust us (keep buying our game)

i can't extract any other useful information out of it other than the above and that the free dlc will probably be delayed somewhat. no information about to what extent they plan to update the game (AI, traffic, loot balancing, QoL features etc)

and for the rest of the video it's pretty much plea for you to please trust cdpr. personally i don't care who takes the blame at the company, i'm not "mad" at the ceo or any of the devs, i just want a good game so this whole video didn't really give me much to work with.

Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

For me, this apology is the worst thing you could've done. The excuses and FAQ's from your site make you look even worse in context. The game has been in development for over 6 years and none of your testing showed what state your console edition was in? I've 100% the game with all endings in one playthrough with 140 hours logged and I can tell you your most frequent crashes and full restarts occur in the story quests about once an hour yet I can clear an entire district of side gigs/gigs/NCPD content with no issues. This game's been out for less than a month and you're telling me the devs had no idea there were this many issues after years? Bugs aren't an issue--never were--but y'all got a lot of nerve spitting "transparency and comunication" all over this and then releasing a timeline with no dates, details, or content and then saying "shit fam idk it looked good to us?" Like we can't see the glaring, unfinished, gilded disc you sold? The cut content? The naratives wasted on half-polished writing? The best theory-crafting and number crunchers on Reddit are at a loss for how your skill systems and stats work. Your game progression is sloppy, along with your crafting and shopping systems. Over 6 years guys, after everything you did for the Witcher the head honchos think they honestly did it all right. The Exec's are shameful for this. As a Corpo slave myself, I can guarantee your dev teams gave every warning and were dismissed until there was nothing left worth saying.

But will they substantially change the story? No.

That makes sense. Even if the older lifepaths existed as people are taking to be the case given older footage, those are probably unworkable. And truth be told, there's no way to even know exactly how different or how much of the story there was before (unless Jason Schreier finds a scoop or whatever). It could just be that the sections shown were just demos whipped up to be presented to the public and nothing more. I seriously doubt CDPR would've just deleted huge chunks of the game if they were in working condition.
But anyway, I'm personally a lot more interested in the open world being fun to screw around in for a long time to come than a story that, either way, will be over in a few hours time. I certainly don't think Witcher 3 being shorter would've changed any of the main issues I have with that game.

Top Bottom