[Request] Flaming blade cursor mod for Hard difficulty

+
[Request] Flaming blade cursor mod for Hard difficulty

Hello,I was wondering if anyone has made such a mod or could point me how to go about making it.What I would like to do is also have the "flaming" blade/cursor show up in hard mode so you can time your attacks more easily. Its there in normal and easy but its disabled in hard.

Play a chapter on normal or easy, and it won't be long before you come to recognize the "swish, swish" sound that Geralt's blade makes when he's done with one set of moves. Then you can go back to your hard game and know when to click.

I think the file to do this is located in the 2da00.bif file, so unpack it, and start searching for a file which looks like you can change the cursors and when they are showing up.

LicaonKter said:
that's why it's called HARD :)
I know, and I can time it properly by now (I have played through the game twice under normal already), just that sometimes I just want to be a second or two faster in striking. Hard is really just for the generally tougher monsters :)I had a look at the bif file just now but it doesn't seem to have it.I searched for cursor which only gave me this, which seems unrelated:
Code:
  Label   ResRef      CursorID0 None    ****       ****1 Transition gui_mp_transu   212 Use    gui_mp_useu    253 Examine  gui_mp_examineu  174 Talk    gui_mp_talku   115 Walk    gui_mp_walku   36 XWalk   gui_mp_nowalku  57 Attack   gui_mp_attacku  78 Magic   gui_mp_magicu   299 NoUse   gui_mp_nouseu   2710 Trap    gui_mp_disarmu  33
Then I went on to search for normal/easy to see if its listed under difficulties. The closest I could find was that, but also unrelated:
Code:
     Name        DMEasy Easy Normal Hardcore DMPlayers 0     NoCriticalOnPC   1    1   1    ****   ****    1     NoAoOWithRanged   1    1   1    ****   ****    2     NoAoOWithPotion   1    1   1    ****   ****    3     MinPCDamagePercent 100   50  ****  ****   ****    4     MaxNPCDamagePercent 25   50  100   100    200    5     MinHP1       1    **** ****  ****   ****    2DA V2.0
Maybe its in another file?

That would be assuming that the flaming sword is hardcoded though. I'm thinking there should be a simpler solution, like a switch.Any one have any further idea which file it could be in?

if there's no file in the 2da00.bif, maybe you should look in the templates00.bif or maybe in scripts00.bifdunno if it is the right place to look, but you can give it a try :)

I just got a reply for CDPR and it seems that it is hardcoded.I guess the only way would be a hard mod for normal/easy mode to achieve this....

Any chance for a stand alone mod that can switch hard settings for the normal difficulty? I like to try it on hard, but i find is too much focus to catch the orange sword trail.

What about the flash mod, you don't like that? I am currently on the first difficulty setting, which is supposed to be harder than hard and there's a pretty flaming sword. BUT. My base difficulty is normal, so I don't know if the mod just lets the flaming sword untouched or if it is in one of the modules. If it is the former, it might be that you don't get the flames, because you start out on hard. Ask Flash or just try it out.

This would be a very welcome mod... Since "hard mode" is hard coded to not have the flaming sword, it will have to be a mod that gives the easy/normal difficulty level the same parameters as hard mode.

Malatar said:
Since "hard mode" is hard coded to not have the flaming sword
It's not hard coded! It can be set using LUA code, try this:
Code:
g_cAuroraSettings.m_nCurSignSeqMaxGameDifficulty = 3
You can put it in a separate LUA file, and load it with the "wgsdefs.lua" file (it's in the scripts folder). :peace:

Top Bottom