Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Can fundamental flaws like the lack of AI for police and NPCs and traffic and the lack of interactivity with NPCs even be fixed?

So take what I'm about to say next with the following in mind ; I'm all for any implementation of anything that helps create a living breathing world..

...with that out of the way...

It's not a fundamental flaw. The aim of the game is not to start fights with police, and NPCs and traffic is just background filler. They goofed stating it was AI and advanced (it's not even present), but the game isn't about that - it's about V and Johnny and their relationship with a handful of people. It's about helping set the lore for the world going forward for future characters in Night City. It's not about the minutia of the world. You're meant to feel alone.

Again, I would love to see it because it's clear that lots of people were looking for a GTA / RDR2 world and they didn't get that... but not getting something people wanted doesn't make it a fundamental flaw.

A fundamental flaw is not running on Playstation 4 or Xbox One.

I have patience to wait for proper news regarding how they're going to update the game further, but I dislike this uncertainty. Will they be reworking various elements of the game? If they will, part of me wants CDPR to be specific in fashion of Larian. Sort of like "we felt this quest didn't work well and we decided to change it like this". Or "we reduced the amount of buttons you need to use in menus and recomposed the panels for easier navigation".
At least Larian was honest about the game not being finished. Why bother lying to us about going gold, when this is clearly in Early Access.

Who would've thought that you can get away with scamming millions of people as long as you apologize for it.
Do you consider this just an apology?
72844286b7f6556a3374df207f5d606ebed63a87.jpg

Most things can be fixed, it just takes time.

like in the game "aliens colonial marines" the alien A.I. was made better, as it only had one spell error in the code but it took years to be found and fixed by a modder, I just hope CDPR fixes the main problems like the crashing to desktop (gpuapidx12error.cpp) windows 10 and windows 7 are having.
What can't be fixed is any trust I had in CDPR. Bugs are one thing, cut content and not actually committing to their "when it's ready" claim is another. It wasn't ready, it still isn't ready and the content and lack of any impactful choices whatsoever until the very end of the game really disappointed me and many, many others. This game was not as advertised, even on PC (and I had very few major bugs and only a few crashes) and the fact that they talk as though the PC version is as they envisioned makes it very clear they knew they were misleading consumers with content that simply does not exist. I hold very little hope we will get the game we were led to believe existed.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

This game doesnt just need just some improvements, it many aspects it needs HUGE reworks, this game needs "No many sky" treatment, HUGE free reworks and addition for CDPR to rebuild its reputation, I mean game is great in many aspects but its also extremly shallow in many others, like police spawning out of nowhere, thats simply VERY bad, much older games did it much better, in genereal AI of npc's can be really bad. Also you need to bring back a lot of content that was cut that you said would be in game, yes you guys mentioned some content being cut in the interviews and that was fine, I dont blame for that part but I have problem with stuff you cut and didnt mention it, thats plainly misleading people. Whats more you guys sometimes intentionalyl mislead people, like when after you said that vehicle customization is not game in the interviews said in car trailer that sports cars DO have customization...which was plainly a lie.

RPG elements being shallow even though you guys said they would be much deeper then in witcher 3, life paths having very little impact and many MANY other things people already mentioned.

you can kiss your reputation good bye unless you continue to bring massive improvements to game for years to come like devs of "no many sky" did, you claim you leave greed to others but currently you look like one of the most greedy developers, no one will pre-order your games after such disaster unless you rebuild your reputation they way I mentioned.

This won't be No Man's Sky.

I really do believe people who wish for that set themselves up for a major disappointment.

Some systems may be added and improved. But a complete rework of some core things such as the main story, it's choices and influence of life paths? No way. If there was ever more, it was cut a long time ago.

At least Larian was honest about the game not being finished. Why bother lying to us about going gold, when this is clearly in Early Access.
We're only assuming CP77 isn't finished. I mean, based not on our impressions, but what CDPR plans to do with it. We still don't know. They're busy with bugs currently, but there's nothing on what kind of updates the game will have.

CDPR seriously thinks it OK to be proud of the PC version? Sure artists, actors and people who's job was to make sure it doesn't crash on PC did a good job but rest really didn't deliver. If you take away that little polish this game has, what is left is an early access game at it's worst.

Please improve the npc traffic spawn and despawn problems with these next 2 updates. God bless you in advance

you can kiss your reputation good bye unless you continue to bring massive improvements to game for years to come like devs of "no many sky" did,.

That's unlikely to happen because they're in completely different positions. Hello Games had nothing to look forward to after No Man's Sky, that was their flagship so they needed to get it running in some form. CDPR is probably already working on Witcher 4 in some capacity, and they're going to want to get that done before the show ends and loses steam. Ideally, they probably want to get as many of the Witcher games out as it's feasible and relevant. Witcher is and will forever be their flagship franchise.

If they had any decency then they would have released this as an early access game to begin with. They would have gotten the same result, with last-gen consoles maybe having to wait a bit, and none of the bad publicity of selling an unfinished game, and those loving it singing its praises and getting more people hyped up for the end product.
In any case, I'll be curious to see how much they're going to accomplish in a year's time... Where will Baldur's Gate 3 be in 2022 and where will Cyberpunk 2077 be? That will be an interesting comparison to make that will say a lot about how well each developer works.
But what is this end product? Maybe CDPR considers the PC version to be the end product minus some bug fixes and DLCs/expansions.

Oh I'm sorry, are we still taking CDPR's promises seriously?
I honestly don't get anyone that trusts or defends CDPR at this point, if the game on PC was their vision, their vision was lacking and not the vision they were feeding consumers. CDPR are now in the EA/Activision pile as far as I am concerned. They have a lot of content to give us for no additional cost, we got about 1/2 of what we were led to believe we were getting. If I could get a refund I would, I played too many hours, even though I had to in order to discover there was half the content I expected. I wish people had not threatened CDPR when the game was delayed, I don't think it changed anything other than giving CDPR an excuse to release an unfinished mess of a game with cut content.

"bugs" - problems in the game currently, ok there are some problems

Are "fixes" = AI being wonky, world being flimsy, NPC's being dull, story elements not working.

What about Multiplayer? Is that the Free DLCs?

It's nice to receive communications but IMHO this is super unclear what comes next.

But what is this end product? Maybe CDPR considers the PC version to be the end product minus some bug fixes and DLCs/expansions.

Well, I hope not. I feel like having character customization available in-game is such a basic thing that it should have never launched without it. I personally don't think that the things I'm expecting them to add into the game are all that radical and unreasonable.
Post automatically merged:

I honestly don't get anyone that trusts or defends CDPR at this point, if the game on PC was their vision, their vision was lacking and not the vision they were feeding consumers. CDPR are now in the EA/Activision pile as far as I am concerned. They have a lot of content to give us for no additional cost, we got about 1/2 of what we were led to believe we were getting. If I could get a refund I would, I played too many hours, even though I had to in order to discover there was half the content I expected. I wish people had not threatened CDPR when the game was delayed, I don't think it changed anything other than giving CDPR an excuse to release an unfinished mess of a game with cut content.

I guess the question is whether they themselves realized this is the vision they were feeding. These companies are big. And from what we can see from employee reviews of their experiences there, a lot of higher-ups changed their minds all the time and new people came in and out. In reality, Cyberpunk has probably gone through several iterations since it was announced - after all, the game proposed nearly a decade back was nothing like what we got now. They started out by wanting to make a proper RPG (be whatever, play whatever) and ended up making a story-driven action game. And I doubt it's the same people behind those two decisions.

"bugs" - problems in the game currently, ok there are some problems

Are "fixes" = AI being wonky, world being flimsy, NPC's being dull, story elements not working.

What about Multiplayer? Is that the Free DLCs?

It's nice to receive communications but IMHO this is super unclear what comes next.
The Multiplayer thing is like 2 years down the road, now maybe 3.
And i think they will monetise it somehow.And if the singelpalyer is realised in this state, don't get your hopes up:)

Well, I hope not. I feel like having character customization available in-game is such a basic thing that it should have never launched without it. I personally don't think that the things I'm expecting them to add into the game are all that radical and unreasonable.
This expectation is pretty realistic. I'll be surprised if it doesn't arrive with some DLC or expansion.

It is concerning to hear that they are very proud of the pc version and it makes me wonder what more they personally believe the game needs. No mention at all about any additional content or the way the game fell short in terms of the mechanics and features the game offers the player. I'd say I am concerned but I don't have any faith in CDPR so it's just pretty much what I expected.

If CDPR cared about quality they wouldn't have released any version of the game in the state they did.

There are probably only a handful of missing features beyond the dreams of fans who imagined there was a bunch of stuff ripped off.

Nope, I am talking about those from official source.
Example:

Top Bottom