Would you buy an expansion with promised but cut features?

+

Would you buy an expansion with promised but cut features?

• Total voters
The problem is this Fcking Multiplayer mode. A lot of resources will be directed to that shit

So Yes, I would prefer pay and guarantee that we would get all cut content back than live on wishful thinking

Take out the word promised and it makes more sense to me. Promises are not made with marketing material and mid-development. I'd seriously consider it, depends on what exactly the expansions were. Content they might want to keep working on and sell later still costs money to develop so it is reasonable to charge for that work.

I personally would have bought it, if it would contain things that interest me. But I totally get that why people don't wanna pay, it would be pretty much scummy move from CDPR

No and no. I looked forward to this game. I VERY VERY much looked forward to this game. I bought into the promises that the devs aimed to a new gold standard in RPG. Currently that goes to RDR 2. It didn't meet RDR 2, it didn't even meet its predecessor TW3. When it comes to hype I thought Skyrim was, bad but it holds its own even to this day. Cyberpunk was released in a non-finished state. Missing numerous promised features. Almost non-existent divergent story paths which completely lacked any complexity. It had non-meaningful relationships, and promised romances would be different that in most RPGs. The character development sucked pretty bad. I do not want to tear this game up and down and these devs up and down, but whoever managed this project really messed this up in a big way. Surely not all the blame on this, there are likely good excuses like his hands were tied, covid, etc etc...but at the end of the day when they saw the quality of this product was this bad. The should have lowered the hyped instead of intensifying and they should have announced a 2 year delay and that they were only going to release for next gen consoles providing refunds. There were many bad choices made, and there were ways of mediating them. CDPR has lost a lot of trust as a game studio. It has lost my trust and the trust of many other's i'm sure.

So no I do not care to pay for DLC or to even download it if it were free. Not any time soon at least. If in 2 years they do happen to have released enough content to overhaul this game I will consider it. Right now though. It's simply not worth it.

In this case--Not just for the cut features, no. But if the cut features also included a workable farm and a way to keep progressing my character and or keep playing the game without having to start over then yes.

Restoring features that were originally intended for the release given the state of the game should be included with the free DLC. Making people pay for them is only going to further erode community support which they really can't afford to do.

Officially cut contents - I don't expect them to return. Cut contents because of rush and cut corners? Absolutely not. Won't be paying for those. But if they decided to release it as expansion, that means I won't be getting those features without the expansion, so I will have to buy them if I am to further enjoy the game.

But yes, definitely should be free.

While I think that cut content, or at least that which was promised, should be free. If its gonna require money I'll toss that to the screen. However, I will only do so for content that enhances the singleplayer experience. I have no interest in MP.

CDPR should NOT be working on any new content, no MP, no new content at all. The only thing they should be working on is giving us the content they cut from the game, or lied to us about, and, they should address the glitches and game breaking issues that plague ALL platforms. They already have our money and I don't want to see a single new DLC or new game mode without the hot mess of a release being FIXED on all platforms.

Is that clear enough?

It really depends on how the DLC is packaged. If it's just the pure cut content, no. If the cut content is restored. But has missions and stories along with it, yes. Like say they implemented body customization. The gang system would be overhauled. Missions are built around them. Characters return for you to deal with. A full blown side section of the game. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a good game, but not as good as I was expecting. I was hoping to see the best cyberpunk game of all times. This franchise has great potential, but I'm afraid it requires full reboot without repeating past mistakes, not patches, DLCs or sequels.

YES.

I would have paid $100 or more for the game that was promised, so if that's what it takes to get there, I'm in.
why would you pay more money for things that we were supposed to get in the first place? That thinking got us in this place, were companies release broken games and fix them later with paid dlcs.

Top Bottom