Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Good morning, Night City! And good day CD Project RED team! First of all, let me tell you... You guys have created a masterpiece here! Ofc, I can speak only for myself, but to me this game is everything that I hoped it would be... And in some moments may be even more ;) I see a lot of negative comments in here and I'm sad to see so many gamers are unsatisfied. Cuz maaaaan, I love that game, playing on PC, went over the main story 3 times, 250+ in-game hours and boy I ain't planning to stop. Now, I know it has some technical issues, but hey... the project that big oughta be imperfect and if we're going that road... nothing and nobody in this world is perfect. Anyhow, I just wanna thank you all choombas again... And keep up the good work!
P.S. I really hope you guys are that knight in shining armor that will sweep in and save single player gaming :)
Damn the corps! Later, Night City, Judy's waiting for me by the pool ;)

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A
: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A
: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the crashes you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A:
We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A:
We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A:
We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A:
The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.
Hello Marcin and CD Projekt RED

Considering I have only played on PC (158h), I can give my opinion only from that perspective.
You have my thanks for communicating like this. No other developer comes close to getting and doing it as well as you.

0:30: I am grateful that you can admit fault. Here, there's only slight concern because I am not sure if all your developers really agree only the console versions did not meet the quality standard you wanted to meet.
0:48: Thank you. This is really important. I do not fault any of the team for the situation. We are in agreement.
1:04: If there are company's leadship teams that I think can regain my trust, you are certainly amongst them. I hope this statement will be followed with the right actions.
1:42: I understand that Cyberpunk is huge in scope and you made it stupendously more difficult for yourselves by trying to make it run on old-gen consoles. Man, what a mistake in hindsight.
1:51: I would agree completely.
2:32: The only thing I'm worried about here is: Why only allow pre-selected, approved gameplay footage? There is just no way your testers, review teams, QA and whatever is in place didn't see the major issues on last-gen consoles in their first hours of playtesting.
Is there?
2:42: You have earned the right to be very proud of the PC version of the game and I agree that it is not perfect. I understand the delays of release and personally would have been happy to wait longer for the game.
3:25: Is the ultiamte goal of fixing bugs and crashes meant as the ultimate goal for Hotfixes or the entire game (disregarding DLC)? I hope not, because this version of Cyberpunk - on all platforms - deserves more development.
3:40: I sincerely hope this means that more content will be added to the game. Things that were promised. The No-Man's Sky treatment. Whatever you want to call it. The game deserves it. The roadmap up to patch 1.2 looks fine to me, but I would have loved to hear more about what exactly "improvements" mean after that. Things like: What will be done about AI? The cut content like public transit. All those things.
3:57: For me, DLC does not matter at this point. That is additional content in my mind. What has happend with this release is different. The game feels like and certainly has content - that it should have - missing. I don't care for free DLCs this summer before the foundations of the game feel unfinished.

4:19: Please make it right.

If posts on this forum are actually reaching CDPR, this one would be the most important one of mine to consider right now.
Thank you.

Last edited:
So judging by roadmap we can hope for getting new content not earlier than this spring and multiplayer mode maybe next year.A bit disappointing ofcourse but we have to be realistic I guess.Keep the goodwork and thanks for the game.Didnt have so much fun playing since Anthem,hope CDPR wont follow Bioware path.

Most of us can stand great games with bugs, has happened before. Your problem is not you released a buggy game, is the game itself. Its a great scenario if not the best, with a poor implemented game on it.
CDPR: Has any of you played GTA? Fallout? Has any of you played from heavy rain to detroit become human?

NOBODY except your BOARD had any problem of waiting, 3, 6 o 9 moths more to have a definitive new/fresh and inmersive futuristic experience of the game. You can only do that once 7-8 years and you totally ruined it.

Is your BOARD who should be in the video giving us explanations, not the developers. You lost more than an year developing ports instead of a game.

What you can't fix after launch (including "first impression and inmersion"), thanks to the BOARD:

- Differences between V origin are almost non existent and are barely reflected in the storyline
- V a total flat character and cannot reflect (by choices) any personal (player) development
- Few dialog choice (or non existent) in main questline
- Less deus ex happenings in the storyline
- Poor character presentations
- Lots of characters without proper background
- Poor characters: most are flat, non evolving and appear magicaly
- Jonnhy is "Pheripheral-Vision Man"

- Poor futuristic inmersion: looks like the future seen as in 1970.
- Poor futuristic new ideas, concepts and designs

- Poor sidequests: repetitive, with no substance nor argument
- Sidequests have no effect on the enviroment, the map or general world behavour
- 20 years old talent tree system
- 20 years old statistics system
- 20 years old menu for character, backpack, consumables, etc.
- 20 years old NPC behavour in standby/alert/combat
- 20 years old weapon system and statistics
- Absurd surveliance camera positions
- Limited infiltration system alternative questline paths (access by stats, few alternative paths wich are not access points limited, again, by statistics)
- etc.

What you can fix, as DEVELOPERS:
- Statitstics and classification of items in apartment's storage (see mods, stats, etc and better classification)
- More variety of adds in tv and radio shows
- Less vending machines around the world (absurd number and everywhere)
- Better body shapes for NPC (more realistic) instead of: USA-fat, drug-gym, megafit, and muscled.
- More walk patterns and better behavour of NPC (people shopping, school groups) oposite to the walking dead.
- Non exisent interaction with most NPCs (gangs, prostitutes, police, regular people) including walking on the street, before or after an alert sidequest
- Weapon personalization and crafting experience [this is almost a patch]
- Proper CLOTHING vs. STATS
- The police: simply absurd
- Street creed vs. gang/police affiliation and conflict
- the shopping system: go to a shop for a cloth/weapon/whatever in 2077: absurd
- roll of paper money transformed in bank transfer: absurd
- body shape personalization or adaptation to stats
- better MAP: including all information while using transportation system, personal waypoints, etc.
- Driving Perks
- Enviromental Perks
- A variety of effects for the hundreds of consumables that do exactly the same

Whats new on cyberpunk?

Most of us can stand great games with bugs, has happened before. Your problem is not you released a buggy game, is the game itself. Its a great scenario if not the best, with a poor implemented game on it.
CDPR: Has any of you played GTA? Fallout? Has any of you played from heavy rain to detroit become human?

NOBODY except your BOARD had any problem of waiting, 3, 6 o 9 moths more to have a definitive new/fresh and inmersive futuristic experience of the game. You can only do that once 7-8 years and you totally ruined it.

Is your BOARD who should be in the video giving us explanations, not the developers. You lost more than an year developing ports instead of a game.

What you can't fix after launch (including "first impression and inmersion"), thanks to the BOARD:

- Differences between V origin are almost non existent and are barely reflected in the storyline
- V a total flat character and cannot reflect (by choices) any personal (player) development
- Few dialog choice (or non existent) in main questline
- Less deus ex happenings in the storyline
- Poor character presentations
- Lots of characters without proper background
- Poor characters: most are flat, non evolving and appear magicaly
- Jonnhy is "Pheripheral-Vision Man"

- Poor futuristic inmersion: looks like the future seen as in 1970.
- Poor futuristic new ideas, concepts and designs

- Poor sidequests: repetitive, with no substance nor argument
- Sidequests have no effect on the enviroment, the map or general world behavour
- 20 years old talent tree system
- 20 years old statistics system
- 20 years old menu for character, backpack, consumables, etc.
- 20 years old NPC behavour in standby/alert/combat
- 20 years old weapon system and statistics
- Absurd surveliance camera positions
- Limited infiltration system alternative questline paths (access by stats, few alternative paths wich are not access points limited, again, by statistics)
- etc.

What you can fix, as DEVELOPERS:
- Statitstics and classification of items in apartment's storage (see mods, stats, etc and better classification)
- More variety of adds in tv and radio shows
- Less vending machines around the world (absurd number and everywhere)
- Better body shapes for NPC (more realistic) instead of: USA-fat, drug-gym, megafit, and muscled.
- More walk patterns and better behavour of NPC (people shopping, school groups) oposite to the walking dead.
- Non exisent interaction with most NPCs (gangs, prostitutes, police, regular people) including walking on the street, before or after an alert sidequest
- Weapon personalization and crafting experience [this is almost a patch]
- Proper CLOTHING vs. STATS
- The police: simply absurd
- Street creed vs. gang/police affiliation and conflict
- the shopping system: go to a shop for a cloth/weapon/whatever in 2077: absurd
- roll of paper money transformed in bank transfer: absurd
- body shape personalization or adaptation to stats
- better MAP: including all information while using transportation system, personal waypoints, etc.
- Driving Perks
- Enviromental Perks
- A variety of effects for the hundreds of consumables that do exactly the same

Whats new on cyberpunk?
I don't agree with every single point, but I agree with most of them.

But it is quite apparent that most of the people who enjoy this game are the people who only care about the story. Gameplay is something they don't know how to value. They don't know what good gameplay feels like. It's your typical casuals.

If you enjoy the game for what it is, fine. But I hard disagree with anyone who calls this game a "masterpiece". That's my opinion anyway.

I just want to thank CD PROJEKT RED for great game! I have no worries about further fixes, updates and other improvements because game is HUGE! It's like all dreams of childhood come true and you became a hero of them all. I like it very much and waiting for more. Of course there is bunch of bugs, lack of some features, understanding of simplifying some stuff due to marketing world and soon release and so on but... come on guys! All magic crap from Ghost in the shell, Johnny Mnemonics, Terminator, RC, Deus Ex and bunch of other sci-fi/futuristic movies, anime and games reborn in this one masterpiece. Nobody can leave it as is. I believe in guys and i trust 'em!

Hi, thanks for the video and info about news. In my perspective you should stay proud of cyberpunk product. Idea, story telling, aspecially with marketing and community that supported that title.
From my perspective I wanted to rush the main story at first but after I completed it in about 37h as nomad. Somehow I even managed to make best happy ending. After game teleported me to point of no return I felt like a dumb. Wanted to uninstall it and just get my money back. The next day I said it's impossible that it doen's have more depth so I opened the game and I was looking for more I made streetkid and corpo, but after few hours I saw that there is nothing more. Then I checked internet and I was destroyed... I was sad, that so many ppl wanted to create so many contents and so much of stuff presented in E3 and forums is not in the game, then after PS4 Issues I was really confused what to think. Thanks god I found few friends that where also confused and we started to dig in into the game to find what's more to find there. So the fun started:
- There is positive community in redit that loves that game and we found plenty of cool moments that are easy to miss.
- Cyberpunk interactive map to find some places that are not in the story but have someting cool to show
- Mod's (fun for 4 days, then it kills all the enjoyment) <- please do not use any (if you didn't)

Suprisingly I felt in love in Cyberpunk world and I have discovered so much that it keept me for almost next 100h.
Anyway to many parts of the world are just like work in progress.
I am not even talking about bugs... thoes you can fix in patch as bugfixes. This game as released product need's feature packs. I can call them even DLC's or even expansions.

Releasing it for preordered copies as early access could save you the face. I feel bad for all develpers that need to suffer now. Sony banned your game and it's not only contract issue or gamers callback that forced them to do this. Some guys just really reviewed the issues and made clear decission.

I agree with Yllana_Ardais and calamarcillo

For me this title is dead untill (after 180h) the next dlc. I hope that you will do good job and that service packs that will come soon will rescue that game.

Last edited:
Look, all us gamers want you to do, is take your time, don't rush things and make the game you always wanted to create.

I personally would happy to pay for future content.

Just make sure that content fits in to the ethos of Cyberpunk, it doesn't mess with the lore or the serious of the game. Just good strong well thought out additions to the game.

But for the love of everything, don't make multiplayer like GTA MMO, just keep it a simple co-op between friends max of 4 or something. Otherwise you will ruin it, is too people will ruin it for others.

Look, all us gamers want you to do, is take your time, don't rush things and make the game you always wanted to create.

I personally would happy to pay for future content.

Just make sure that content fits in to the ethos of Cyberpunk, it doesn't mess with the lore or the serious of the game. Just good strong well thought out additions to the game.

But for the love of everything, don't make multiplayer like GTA MMO, just keep it a simple co-op between friends max of 4 or something. Otherwise you will ruin it, is too people will ruin it for others.
"don't rush things", that's exactly how we got here in the first place. ;)

I'm happy with the game (on PC), and think you might focus more on next-gen consoles than old-tech. Just my opinion, as I think a lot of people are going to migrate towards PS5 and Xbox Series X in the future.

As for how you develop first for PC, and later implement for consoles, that makes me happy.

My point exactly :)
I'm talking about launching the game before it was even ready. If they had not rushed this game out this early, they wouldn't have all this backlash coming at them. It is deserved. It pains me to see people suck up to this apology. It doesn't change anything. People say "its okay! fix the game, take your time! even if it takes a whole year!", but the damage has already been done to the people who bought the game on launch day. They f'd up, simple as that. They can slowly patch the game up, but it won't change much if the core mechanics of the game remain as shallow and underdeveloped as they are.

I am not going to put much trust in CD Project Red's next project. I will either hold off with my pre-order, or refund the game outright next time. I was being nice to them this once, and I regret it fully. The more I think about it, the more im disgusted of this whole situation. Mainly because companies keep getting away with this stuff. Companies keep getting away with pushing games out early and unfinished. It's just sad.

I fueled the fire myself, I am at fault myself. I should have gone through with my refund. But instead I decided to give them a chance and canceled my refund ticket. Which was a bad idea. The further I got into the game, the more the flaws of the game became apparent.

I had zero expectations for the game and yet I still ended up being disappointed.

I'm talking about launching the game before it was even ready. If they had not rushed this game out this early, they wouldn't have all this backlash coming at them. It is deserved. It pains me to see people suck up to this apology. It doesn't change anything. People say "its okay! fix the game, take your time! even if it takes a whole year!", but the damage has been done to the people who bought the game on launch day.

I am not going to put much trust in CD Project Red's next project. I will either hold off with my pre-order, or refund the game outright next time. I was being nice to them this once, and I regret it fully. The more I think about it, the more im disgusted of this whole situation. Mainly because companies keep getting away with this stuff. Companies keep getting away with pushing games out early and unfinished. It's just sad.

I fueled the fire myself, I am at fault myself. I should have gone through with my refund. But instead I decided to give them a chance and canceled my refund ticket. Which was a bad idea. The further I got into the game, the more the flaws of the game became apparent.

I had zero expectations for the game and yet I still ended up being disappointed.
Exactly.

But I am glad they did do it, as they now know they can't rest on their loreals and will do double good to try an make it better. Just think No Mans Sky. All good things to those who wait.

But I hope to all that is good in this world they don't rush it again.

That's unlikely to happen because they're in completely different positions. Hello Games had nothing to look forward to after No Man's Sky, that was their flagship so they needed to get it running in some form. CDPR is probably already working on Witcher 4 in some capacity, and they're going to want to get that done before the show ends and loses steam. Ideally, they probably want to get as many of the Witcher games out as it's feasible and relevant. Witcher is and will forever be their flagship franchise.

I do know its unlikely to happen, I was just stating what they NEED to do if they want to rebuild their reputation, if they wont do it they can expect their future projects not to do as well, keep in mind that they are working on multiplayer for cyberpunk, this will be a huge flop if people wont want to return to this game universe, they seem to want to catch some of that GTA online type of money, but GTA V/online is better sandbox then cyberpunk is, unless they fix that they can forget about achieving with cyberpunk multiplayer what rockstar achieved with gta online, since cyberpunk multiplayer will be somehow monetized for sure.

by the way you are half right about witcher being their flagship, CDPR said themselves in 2019 that they want to move to dual franchise model moving forward, witcher being one of them and cyberpunk the other.

Hmm, I can't quite figure out why this whole thing reminds me of a certain character met during the Last Login gig from the game....

Honestly, I grew up on Bethesda games, the glitches are mostly OK, what my real gripe is the main story writing. That I really cannot stomach, I'm not happy with it at all, because the story is not finished, unless you choose the gun ending, but if you choose that, why play after Act 1 anyway? And the only glitch that kind of bothers me related to the Monowire damage, as the legendary version only applies it's bonus damage. Everything else I fixed with a simple "save-reload" routine.

Overall, it's a good game, with a horrible main story. Note: MAIN story. The SIDE stories are amazing. I'd like a LOT more from the guy who wrote those instead of the guy who wrote the main story.

Exactly.

But I am glad they did do it, as they now know they can't rest on their loreals and will do double good to try an make it better. Just think No Mans Sky. All good things to those who wait.

But I hope to all that is good in this world they don't rush it again.
I seriously think CDPR are not gonna do a No Mans Sky with Cyberpunk. They're gonna make the game run acceptably and remove the bugs they feel are hindering the experience on all platforms (especially on PS4 and Xbox One). Then they're gonna release the free DLC followed by the next gen versions of the game during which time making minor updates and improvements to the game across all platforms. Paid DLC and multiplayer would come early next year. Then they would concentrate on the release of their future titles. That's what I think anyway. Hope I'm wrong though. :)

[Sarcasm] Only a bunch of gonks with too much time on their hands would try to build something so massive for a video game!

Actually, thank you Development Team for all your dedication. The game is not perfect, but it's darn impressive. The gameplay does not offer anything we have not seen before, but we can see the hard work you did put into it. Night City is absolutely huge and breathtaking!

For now, I only hope for the future of CP77 is to see all of the standard features these kinds of games have, get added in. Manual keybinding, zooming mini-map, more vehicle/home/clothing/weapon customization, and so much more. If you can bring this game up to par on those basic features and QoL issues, people will be asking if their PC is good enough to play CP77 for the next 10 years, like they were with Skyrim. I want to see Cyberpunk become that kind of a success.

And for the future of CDPR, I trust your upper management has learned a hard lesson. My only wish is that it didn't have to be learned in the first place. But we know CDPR has a stellar reputation for polishing their games after release with the whole Witcher series. And owning up to your mistake is 110% more than what Bethesda, EA, or Ubisoft has ever done. The CDPR development team deserves every chance to fix CP77 and make it into the majestic monster it's supposed to be.

Hello CDPR.
You are surely too busy to see this, but this is just my two eddies on the matter.

I was glad, so glad, of the Cyberpunk 2077 release and so was my nephew.
We got our CE's and installed it together and ventured as Nomads into Night City.
Sure, there was the impossible keybindings(irritating) and pixelated exhaust smoke and smoke in the sky.
And random pedestrians disappearing or being swallowed by the street. But that's it. No crashes. Not for me at least.
Both me and my nephew are holding off playing for now until next patch at least. But certainly not for not having fun with the game you guys released. It is really a fun game.

It's been over a month now since release date, and I could never have imagined the backlash or development.
Though many seem to abandon you now, know that we are many that do not and will not ever.
I know you will not rest until you are happy with the game you created.
The labour and the love.
This is your history with all other games you've released, you will continue tinkering and tuning until you are happy with it.
My very first CDPR game was The Witcher Enhanced Edition. It is right there in the name Enhanced Edition.
And I know you will do as you always have: improve until you are happy with the game you created.

And for that I thank you CDPR.
Thank you for your ambition to make great games, but also for seeing it through right to the end, as I know you have many times before.
As I know you will see it through now.

Thank you.

Top Bottom