Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
...now waiting for the Commitment to Content.

Somehow I have the feeling they will cash us off with microtransactions as soon multiplayer arrive.

It would just fit to the release of cut content...

I am umming and aaring about this game. I went from not really interested into being curious, and then totally disinterested when I read about the huge bugs. However, the upfront honesty from the CD Projekt lead I feel is a good move. We live in a cynical world where it is easier to be an unbeliever but I feel that his message his heartfelt. However, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.
I'm considering getting it now then, as I am hoping it's a game which will continue to improve throughout 2021.
I'm hoping the game will run on my laptop though if I do take the plunge. Not sure if there are any experts on here who can gauge my specs for me (GeForce RTX 2060, AMD Ryzen 9 4900H, 16GB RAM)
Plus, I can't really just have Sims 4 on my laptop can I...
PS Or should I give The WItcher series a go/

ouch 😬 :eek:o_O (Tim Soret director of "The Last Night") as we said in Italy "l'ha toccata pianissimo" (literally translated "he touched it very softly" a famous sarcastic euphemism used to refer to one who criticize harshly..)

pretty much this, every game has bugs and they get fixed eventually.
problem is the game is LIFELESS, factions police shops npcs AI etc all need serious REWORK

I am umming and aaring about this game. I went from not really interested into being curious, and then totally disinterested when I read about the huge bugs. However, the upfront honesty from the CD Projekt lead I feel is a good move. We live in a cynical world where it is easier to be an unbeliever but I feel that his message his heartfelt. However, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.
I'm considering getting it now then, as I am hoping it's a game which will continue to improve throughout 2021.
I'm hoping the game will run on my laptop though if I do take the plunge. Not sure if there are any experts on here who can gauge my specs for me (GeForce RTX 2060, AMD Ryzen 9 4900H, 16GB RAM)
Give the witcher series a go and wait untill all the bugfixes are out and see what DLCs will bring. By then the game will be half of the price.

the game is great but why releasing it so early ??
it should have been the best game for at least 5 years
now because of some silly bugs it ain't gonna be
I hope that the dlc will convince people that this game is actually great just like TW3

Definitely give Witcher a go!

Also in my opinion Cyberpunk really isn’t a bad game, there’s lot of cool things despite the problems.
So I recommend getting it eventually, but it’s probably smart move to wait a little bit for them to patch the biggest issues.

Guest 3574638

How about the nudity you censored more and more each patch making the nude option in the game useless ??

Working in a corp environment myself (yeah, unfortunately, although it does offer an insider outlook you cannot get elsewhere...), I think I have an idea of what CDPR tries to say here by presenting the co-founder's rendition of what is actually a written apology by someone (proof-read I guess, approved by someone else as well, probably). I would personally think this is an honest* apology from a company where someone understood that the wrong path was taken (* as honest as it can be, coming from a corp ;-) ).

Unfortunately in real life you cannot take a step back and use your last "good save" to undo bad decisions and they will have to cope with it and with the upcoming consequences, if the legal actions take place. So they will pay the price of negligence, if we take them to their word. Sad but true. In a sense, poetic justice, if you remember the claims about "meaningful story path choices...".

Having said that, I really hope they do survive the onslaught and manage to make this right. Corp segregation can have a lot of times too many undesirable effects, most commonly misrepresentation of an actual situation. Becoming "too big, too fast" is not an understatement for any company.

This is how I "read" this message:

Chapter 1: Mashin' in
Dev A has feedback, Dev B has feedback and so on... Then someone is remotely making a mash up of all this feedback, then makes nice charts of things and calls this QA management (within a certain margin of error) = "our testing did not show many of the crashes you experienced while playing the game".

Chapter 2: Chartin' in
Sub-manager A then checks it and sees if it turns up roughly alright and calls up a meeting with Manager-B to present nice looking charts and bits of content, but as everyone is very busy in remote work, the quick meeting is just a nice presentation and loses much of what a "close up" experience would reveal (thus the mention to the "COVID situation" in the apology).
Sub-manager-A comes back with the good news that the boss is happy and that he/she made the right promises, which also however sets the tone for the upcoming harder work.

Chapter 3: Trendin' in
Then more feedback from devs comes about "some"improvements" then the new charts show a nice little trendline that seems to go nicely with expectations of a more stable product for consoles = "As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day ".

Chapter 4: (Over-)promisin' in
New meetings, blah blah, more nice presentations and then manager B is ready to make big announcements - not to you and me, the board of course; and now since everyone set expectations based on some good trendlines and hoping that statistics would do their magic in real life (it doesn't work, really), the big dogs proceed to the announcements, which brings everyone to the line where they cannot go back without making someone look too stupid for making this decision.
The decision of course was this:
"...wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens."
becoming more like this:
"it works on old-gen consoles surprisingly well!".
Meanwhile more homework starts showing its ugly face and contradicting claims. Now it's too late...

Chapter 5: Crashin' in
Somewhere there everything starts falling apart and you get the delayed launches and more crunches to patch it up and try to save someone from making what seems to be the biggest mistaken promise ever for CDPR. But the damage has already been done.

Really guys, just saying "it cannot be compatible with old-gen. period" would have been less harmful, even financially than this mess... not to mention the PR damage and legal fallout this will bring... not to mention also it would have freed up more devs for actual content and optimizations, rather than sacrifice more work-hours/money to "please make the damn stuff work on old-gen FFS!"... next time please try to listen to the devs more and cross-check your data better...

Wall of text ends here, thanks for reading :p

Last edited:
The only endings that would be unplayable would be suicide and Temperance. Considering you can't play as V in either of those it's to be expected that you wouldn't get to play a V continuation story.

I still think the game and devs have promise. Suppose we'll both see when patch #2 drops.

well if an Arasaka corpo and an Aldecaldo can get an intel call pointing them towards expansion area, Alt-allied construct can fry and overwrite a Netwatch agent in the area and Suicide is what happens to Jackie's body left with Vic - you end up a Mikoshi construct that can be loaded into an inefficient employee or smth.

So I don't know how to feel about this announcement.

On the good side, it's communication from CDPR, with a very loose roadmap, and an admittance that the board messed up. So I have to give them props for that. The message for what it was, was good, and wasn't totally a PR statement. So props for all that.

The content of the message bothers me though. Still focused on the consoles, without a word about the issues people have with the content itself. It kind of means to me that to them the content is fine (hence the whole PC is great theme they have going through the message) but it's just an issue with console performance that concerns them. After the consoles are kind-of worked out, well be getting free dlc, but no mention of what the dlc was, and if it's going to fix the complaints that both consoles and PC players have with the content itself, or anything other then "it'll come when it comes"... which sounds an aweful like "it'll launch when its ready and not a moment before" that we heard.

So in didn't address half the issues that I have as a PC player about the game. To me it sounded like the PC game is pretty much exactly what they want, which is a shame.

So I don't know how to feel about this announcement.

On the good side, it's communication from CDPR, with a very loose roadmap, and an admittance that the board messed up. So I have to give them props for that. The message for what it was, was good, and wasn't totally a PR statement. So props for all that.

The content of the message bothers me though. Still focused on the consoles, without a word about the issues people have with the content itself. It kind of means to me that to them the content is fine (hence the whole PC is great theme they have going through the message) but it's just an issue with console performance that concerns them. After the consoles are kind-of worked out, well be getting free dlc, but no mention of what the dlc was, and if it's going to fix the complaints that both consoles and PC players have with the content itself, or anything other then "it'll come when it comes"... which sounds an aweful like "it'll launch when its ready and not a moment before" that we heard.

So in didn't address half the issues that I have as a PC player about the game. To me it sounded like the PC game is pretty much exactly what they want, which is a shame.

Exactly what I fear as well, especially since the work needed to make it work acceptably on old-gen consoles seems like a mountain. Yet one can only hope that this time they might take the appropriate time (or people) to properly sort out the comments and make good use of the available fanbase criticism and ideas.

Keep posting and liking comments dear choombas, this may end up serving a purpose after all... ;-)

Last edited:
Exactly what I fear as well, especially since the work needed to make it work acceptably on old-gen consoles seems like a mountain. Yet one can only hope that this time they might take the appropriate time (or people) to properly sort out the comments and make good use of the available fanbase criticism and ideas.

Keep posting and liking comments dear choombas, this may end up serving a purpose after all... ;-)
Let's hope so.
Who knows, maybe they'll even sort out this door lol.

Agreed.

In my mind a proper DLC free or otherwise is a DLC that adds more of the cities core systems that feel missing.

Like Metros, Barber shops and so on. Hopefully cut quests for the main game also make it back to make the main story longer and more varied.

I sincerely hope that.
As for planned major DLCs. Please let it all stay in the Nightcity area.
The city needs more to feel truly what they advertised. Maybe DLC stories can also change or open new endings for the main game?

There are a lot of possibilities.
I just hope CDPR delivers.
I want them to succeed.
My heart would sink if the DLCs were just cosmetics and character skins...

A message to the haters:

Let's get something straight. Video games will have bugs. There have always been bugs in video games. If you are looking for a game without bugs then you probably have as much luck finding one as a surfer looking for the perfect wave in a kiddy pool.

Games are made from code that is created by people. Its a mathematical and logical artform performed by a human to create a user experience to entertain and stimulate. It is just like any other form of entertainment or art piece, only the medium in which the game is created is through code and design. If you expect it to be perfect then get ready to be disappointed and try not to hurt yourself on the way down from your horse. Art doesn't have to be perfect. No one has the right to complain about the physical size of the Mona Lisa do they? No one has the right to tell a musician they can't play a song because they used a chord that didn't sound right to you. Its ultimately subjective. I for one, had a great laugh at some of bugs throughout the game. I looked past that though. I could see what the CDPR developers wanted me to experience it and respected it from that stand point.

Sure, If you are complaining about a product that didn't meet your standards then fine. Complain away. Because ultimately you didn't have to buy it. You chose to. And if you are a gamer and you buy any game, then you should fully expect it to have bugs. Don't beat yourself up about that fact that bugs break the immersion either. Incase you didn't notice. Its a game. Its code. It's also, not real. If you wanna be immersed, get off your ass and do something that doesn't involve a screen. This is coming from someone who plays video games often.

So don't get me wrong I get disappointed when things don't work out too. However, please have some respect for a team of developers (Artists) that worked hard to give you an experience that they are now promising to continue to work on and make better.

Good work CDPR. Thanks for the update.
Man, the problem it's not the BUGs...the problem is when someone sell a game as "choices thats matter and change the world around you" and when we get the game we dont have anything like it.

For illustration purpose.

You love lobster in soups, so you heard that a famous restaurant know to be a top tier in their buisness will start to cook lobster soup. And they sell that this gonna be the best soup, and you decide to buy a reservation for the grand opening, because you really love LOBSTERS in soups. But when the day comes, you found your dishe with only a soup, there's no Lobsters, the soup is good, but you come for what they selling out and you founded this is a lie. Many ppl dont care abou the lack of Lobster, because again, the soup is fine. But a bunch of people felt deceived and want what they paid for, because they believed on this restaurant.

So show some respect and try to understand this is not hate for bugs, but a claim for rights. Godspeed you, peace!

I gotta say. As someone that is playing on the old gen xbox one s, the game handles SO much better than I was lead to believe from the bogus reviews. I mean, this game has such an epic story and is just really fun. Even the side missions have good story too. I really don't think CDPR deserves all the negative reviews. I mean, it's not a secret that it has some bugs. But NOTHING game breaking or that has made me want a refund at all.

Only things I've noticed really are that textures sometimes take a few seconds to load when entering a new cell area of the map, the ragdoll physics go bonkers and ppl might fall weird sometimes or pop up into the air a little. Not too terribly so though, and on rare occasions after playing for several hours it might crash. Not too big of a deal because it auto saves quite frequently and so you don't really lose any progress.... But other than those 3 things, that's like it. DEFINITELY nothing game-breaking though. I don't understand how they just throw that lie out about how terrible it is performing on the old gen consoles though. It's quite ridiculous. It has bugs.... So what game doesn't have bugs on launch these days? NONE! I mean pretty much absolutely zero.

Anyway. I absolutely love this game and I'm anxiously awaiting for the next update, and especially the coming DLCs. Good job CDPR! For real.

Eh, W3 started as a bugfest. Keep polishing and it'll be great.
- Witcher 4 is gonna start as a bugfest. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

- Cyberpunk 2078 comes out in a massively bugged state. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

- Witchpunk 3000 comes out and crashes every minute. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

Do you see where this is going? keep softballing these companies and they will continue doing this with their games, cause they know they will get away with it.

Top Bottom