Why do cars randomly explode? And other strange background events.

+
Example:

To add to this I've seen:

* people standing around a guy who looks like he is giving a speech - but there is no sound.

* Several women cowering before a guy who looks like a pimp - but there is no dialogue just whimpering.

* I've found two locations where protesters are arrayed outside a building with security and barricades between them - but it is static with no animation or sound. (not the protesters for that deathrow braindance)

Would I be right in guessing that background events were intended to randomly play out for you to observe to give Night City a 'lived in' vibe but they were cut and these are the unfinished leftovers that didn't get noticed?

Well, I assume these are people being targeted and killed with car bombs. Or it's because the AI has no way to reach pathing. So they just kill them.

Because physics. Any object that clips has the potential to cause physics errors, which then trigger collisions, which then triggers damage, which then cause it to explode. It is extremely common in open world games.

I think they are car bombs. I have noticed some that blow up when npcs get near or in them. There also seems to be a trigger in few parking lots to where if V goes into the parking lot a car blows up. Also, V is not the only merc in town with contracts so there is that aspect.

Pretty sure the car explosion isn’t a bug. I tried to get in one and it wouldn’t let me. An npc hopped in it and it blew up

Your summoned car/cycle can also strike/clip NPC vehicles on it's way to you, causing random and sometimes hilarious results.

I've also accidentally run over pedestrians and they survived, got up and run off without triggering a warrant status. Clearly a clip problem because I was in external view and definitely plowed them over with the entire car.

The best random encounters are when two groups are fighting each other, neither are NCPD. Ran into a full blown firefight somewhere near the Kiroshi building downtown, Militech and Arasaka corpo skirmish. Near identical NPCs, both with black Ragnar SUVs and Mk2 robots and Mechs. Only way I could tell is by scanning. I'll have to see if that triggers again on this playthrough. That was fun, Contagioned everyone from long range, went in, finished off the stragglers, found a dropped HMG and blew up all the SUVs and left the place a smoking hole in otherwise pristine downtown. Glorious. The looting wasn't bad either.

Guest 4519094

not sure those are bugs .... just like people getting "suicided" in the corpo district

There is a scripted random encounter, in Northside, where some Maelstrom guys block the road with 3 vehicles and detonate a bomb when the PC is close enough to them. It's not a bug because the gangsters will stick around the burning cars shooting their weapons to celebrate and screaming stuff like 'Let's burn down all the city'.

Example:

To add to this I've seen:

* people standing around a guy who looks like he is giving a speech - but there is no sound.

* Several women cowering before a guy who looks like a pimp - but there is no dialogue just whimpering.

* I've found two locations where protesters are arrayed outside a building with security and barricades between them - but it is static with no animation or sound. (not the protesters for that deathrow braindance)

Would I be right in guessing that background events were intended to randomly play out for you to observe to give Night City a 'lived in' vibe but they were cut and these are the unfinished leftovers that didn't get noticed?

Perhaps its a homage at loaded weapon?

Well, I assume these are people being targeted and killed with car bombs. Or it's because the AI has no way to reach pathing. So they just kill them.
I have thinked the same, some life in CP 2077 world
Post automatically merged:

sometimes your cars fall from sky when you call them
This has never happened to me
Post automatically merged:

not sure those are bugs .... just like people getting "suicided" in the corpo district
Ths suicide are not bug but scripted events

There is a scripted random encounter, in Northside, where some Maelstrom guys block the road with 3 vehicles and detonate a bomb when the PC is close enough to them. It's not a bug because the gangsters will stick around the burning cars shooting their weapons to celebrate and screaming stuff like 'Let's burn down all the city'.
Haven't seen that.

Top Bottom